logo

Thông báo

Icon
Error

Lý lịch: liny195
Tên sử dụng: liny195 Offline
Gia nhập: 05-05-2018(UTC)
Lần cuối đăng nhập: 18/03/2019 lúc 02:50:31(UTC)
Số bài viết: 335
[0.22% trên tổng số bài viết / 1.05 bài trên ngày]
Số lần cảm ơn 0 (View Thanks)
Số lần được cảm ơn 0
Số bài viết được cảm ơn 0
Numer of Reputation received from other users 0
Xem tất cả các bài của thành viên này
Chủ đề: Steelers Podcast: A Steelers vs   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 18/03/2019 lúc 02:50:30(UTC)
. Ravens game unlike any other on deck The Pittsburgh Steelers are heading into Week-4 action and they’re closing in on the quarter mark of their 2018 regular season. With a surge of Steelers news Authentic James Conner Jersey , it was time to get back on the airwaves and discuss the Black-and-gold.Take a look at the rundown for the latest episode of the BTSC flagship podcast The Standard is the Standard. On this show Jeff Hartman and Lance Williams break down all things Steelers, including a fun game of “True or False!”Check out the rundown of the show:News and NotesRecapping the win over the BuccaneersWeek 4 True or False!Breaking down the Steelers vs. Ravens Week 4 prime time gameWeek 4 game predictionsand MUCH MORE!Jeff Hartman, editor of BTSC, and Lance Williams walk you through everything you need to know regarding the Black-and-gold.If you haven’t heard, we have a YouTube channel, and the main reason for this is to increase the sound quality on our shows. But if you’re a visual learner you can watch the show below. Be sure to subscribe to our channel!If you missed the live show, be sure to check out all episodes on the following platforms:Apple Users: CLICK HEREAndroid Users: CLICK HEREIf you’re old-school and just want the audio, you can listen to it in the player below.Steelers News: Improved third down success equates in big win over Falcons The Pittsburgh Steelers are back in winner’s row after a solid performance vs. the Atlanta Falcons at Heinz Field in Week 5. With the Cincinnati Bengals looming ahead in Week 6, the Steelers will hope to “stack wins” for the first time this year and improve on their 2-2-1 record. Something I did last season and I’m going to start again is the Black-and-Gold Links article. This is an article where I take stories from quality news sources across the Internet, and add them here for your viewing pleasure. I won’t be posting the entire articles, but I’ll link each story and author so that you can read the full article. Today we talk about how the Steelers’ have slowly improved on third downs this season. It hasn’t always been glamorous, but both the offense and defense are trending in the right direction regarding third down success. Let’s get to the news:Steelers improve play on third downs offensively and defensivelyBy: Chris Adamski, Pittsburgh Tribune-ReviewDuring the previous week’s loss to the Baltimore Ravens, it was the Pittsburgh Steelers’ poor play on third downs that made a large portion of the difference.Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons, the Steelers flipped the third-down script. It helped win them a game.The Steelers’ offense followed a 2-for-12 performance in a 26-14 defeat to Baltimore by going 9-for-12 in Sunday’s 41-17 victory against Atlanta. The defense was also better, holding the Falcons to six third-down conversions in 14 tries after the Ravens had gone 8-for-17.“We call that the money down,” linebacker L.J. Fort said of third downs Womens David DeCastro Jersey , “so you’ve got to get off the field, got to make a play, make a turnover. And I think we did a good job with that today.”Facing a team that was one of the best offenses in the NFL over the season’s first month (29 points and 411 yards per game coming in), the Steelers held the Falcons to season lows in points and yards. They forced Matt Ryan into three three-and-outs and held Atlanta to 2-for-7 on third downs in the second half.“I think we just wanted to stop the run early and it made them have longer down and distances to try to get especially on third down,” linebacker T.J. Watt said.Offensively, the Steelers matched or exceeded their third-down conversions from each of the past three games by the end of the first quarter Sunday. The Steelers had as many third-down conversions over the game’s first 4 陆 minutes as it had all of the previous week’s game.Included in the Steelers’ success were four conversions in five tries on third-and-1 – all James Conner runs – as well as conversions on third down with 10 and 13 yards to go.Three of the offense’s four touchdowns came on third downs.Steelers’ L.J. Fort, Tyler Matakevich excel in Vince Williams’ absenceBy: Chris Adamski, Pittsburgh Tribune-ReviewVince Williams grimaced in the Pittsburgh Steelers locker room late Sunday afternoon.The inside linebacker described being forced to watch from the sidelines because of injury for the first time in his six-year NFL career as “pretty terrible.”But then Williams smiled.“But you know what? The win makes it better. I’ll take it like this every time if we get the win, and I am just so proud of them boys,” he said.Sunday, “them boys” were the two men who combined to take Williams’ spot at right inside linebacker.With Williams out because of a hamstring injury, the Steelers’ struggling defense turned to a a pair of players with a combined 10 seasons on NFL rosters but who had combined to start one game.But Tyler Matakevich and L.J. Fort helped anchor the middle of the Steelers’ defense during a 41-17 victory against the Atlanta Falcons at Heinz Field.“Tyler and L.J. played so well,” outside linebacker T.J. Watt said. “We have so much confidence in them that we don’t have any wavering opinion whether they are in the game or not.“They just go do a great job of going about their business as if they are the starter each and every week, and it shows. When they go out there, we don’t miss a beat.”Fort started his NFL debut for Cleveland as an undrafted rookie out of Northern Iowa on Sept. 9, 2012. He had a sack and an interception that day, but he didn’t start another game.That streak stayed alive Sunday because Matakevich (three seasons Womens Ramon Foster Jersey , 36 career games) earned his first NFL start when he took the field for the first defensive snap.Matakevich played most first and second downs and obvious run situations, with Fort typically coming in on passing downs, third downs and in the dime subpackage.“It was a good rotation that was successful for us today,” Fort said.How the Steelers defense woke up from its deep sleepBy: Jeremy Fowler, ESPNCam Heyward entered the Pittsburgh Steelers defensive backs room last Monday to deliver what corner Mike Hilton called “a fun little spiel.”Well, not that fun.“It woke us up a little bit,” Hilton said.Teammates say Heyward, a defensive end and team captain, stressed that the Steelers can’t be a defense that gives up 400-plus yards a game, and only supreme focus would change things, so no one will be above criticism.Something had to give. The Steelers’ 1,682 yards and 12 passing touchdowns allowed were franchise worsts through four games.After holding the high-powered Atlanta Falcons to 324 yards and 17 points Sunday, Heyward downplayed any special meetings or pep talks during the week, simply conceding the level of detail had to be better.”And it was,” said Heyward, who finished the game with 1.5 sacks. “You didn’t see 12 men or 10 men on the field. It was communication from a whole lot of people. It’s not one person. Everyone had to execute.”Tim Benz: Feeding James Conner makes Steelers well-balancedBy: Tim Benz, Pittsburgh Tribune-ReviewAs the Pittsburgh Steelers approached their game against the Falcons Authentic Ben Roethlisberger Jersey , the public debated the Steelers’ running game: “Were the Steelers avoiding using James Conner because he was ineffective? Or was Conner ineffective because he wasn’t being used often enough?”It was really a chicken-or-the-egg argument.I still don’t know the answer. But after seeing Conner run Sunday against Atlanta, I suddenly have a craving for an extra large omelette.Conner was exceptional against the Falcons, rushing for 110 yards. He also had 75 yards receiving.“It’s not a relief,” Conner said. “We just feel like we are back on track. We were playing Steelers football.”As we outlined in advance of the Steelers’ 41-17 victory over the Falcons, the most troubling aspect of the Steelers’ approach to running the football in their two home defeats against Baltimore and Kansas City is that they either got away from the run or didn’t bother trying to establish it during contests that were highly competitive into the third quarter.At times, that was easy to understand, given the inconsistent nature of Conner’s running and the blocking in front of him. During other stretches, the question needed to be asked: “Why not run when the offense was becoming so one-dimensional through the air?”Entering this week’s NFL games, the Steelers ranked 27th in yards per rushing attempt and 28th in total rushing attempts.So they were unenthusiastic about trying to run, and they were bad when they actually tried.Sunday against Atlanta, they were excellent in both categories. They ran as many times as they passed — 29 apiece. And when they did run, it was effective, averaging 4.5 yards per carry. Conner averaged 5.2.“He did a hell of a job,” tackle Marcus Gilbert said of Conner. “We just kept our composure. We believed in ourselves. We had efficient downs.” Clearance NFL Jerseys
Chủ đề: 10 Things I Think I Thought about the Steelers   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 18/03/2019 lúc 02:36:23(UTC)
big win over the Falcons While it is always a good thing to know how to lose well Authentic Cameron Heyward Jersey , we shouldn’t lose sight of this simple truth- winning is better than losing. Here are ten thoughts I think I thought while watching the Steelers destroy the Atlanta (Edie) Falcos.1. I knew it was going to go well when I waited at the light to turn left into Ruffalo Child Sings, and as the light turned green, the car opposite me waved me through. My face lit up and I said to my beautiful wife, “HA! A Pittsburgh left, right here in Indiana.” Unclear on a Pittsburgh left? First, you wouldn’t understand- it’s a yinzer thing. Second, the brainiacs at wiki have you covered.2. I explained to my beloved wife that it was likely to be a shootout, both teams having high powered offenses, and woeful defenses. I was half right. Not only did our defense have a good game (with rules change “inflation,” giving up 17 points today is like giving up 7 back in the day) but they had a good game against a incredibly potent offense. I’m not saying we’re ready to compete for the Super Bowl right now, but the defense really does continue to improve.3. When I was a little kid I couldn’t understand why they called it Franco’s Italian army. It was obvious to me he wasn’t Italian. He was Irish Youth Ramon Foster Jersey , Frank O’Harris. Yes, during the current games my mind can wander back to older times.4. It was great to see Bud and TJ play “Meet at the Quarterback.” They both need to do well for the defense to succeed. In fact, it was great to see consistent pressure. I know Matty Ice moves at the speed of a glacier, but he had largely been kept off his back this season, until he came to Pittsburgh.5. I wondered if Ben’s pick was not so much the fruit of a failure to realize how much coverage he was throwing into, or too much confidence in combat catches, and was instead the fruit of a weakened arm and bad form, that he has trying to throw it out of the end zone. On the other hand, maybe he was trying for the touchdown, thinking the combat catch odds were better than the odds on a chip shot kick from Boswell.6. Hoping the choreographed celebrations go away soon. The constant need to one-up the previous celebration has led to dumb ideas and distractions from the game. I loved JuJu’s TD catch. That, not his pantomime of giving birth http://www.steelersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-marcus-gilbert-jersey , is what I want to remember from that play.7. James Conner. James Conner. James Conner. I’ll never misspell your name again, because I kept seeing the back of your jersey at the end of big plays. Strong indeed. 8. It was quite encouraging to see the great plays spread around so much, on both sides of the ball. It is just possible that more important than transcendent players like Bell and Shazier, what we really need is a good team playing together, and on the same page.9. Last week Joe Haden looked like that former cornerback from the glory days that we used to call Ron Rubber-Ball Johnson. He earned the name by constantly bouncing off receivers, trying to deliver the big hurt, instead of delivering the tackle. Haden, against Baltimore lowered his shoulder, and pinged off several ball carriers. When he managed to be in on a tackle against Atlanta, he tackled like the professional he is. He had few opportunities this week because he was busy being a tour guide introducing Julio Jones to Revis Island, now under new management. Seriously. Julio Jones is quite good at playing football. And Joe Haden owned him.10. I won’t be taking the family to the Bengals game in Cincinnati this year as we did last year. Instead I’m taking my dear wife to a log cabin to celebrate our second anniversary. Of course David DeCastro Jersey , on the way there we’ll swing by Ruffalo Child Sings for some burgers and the game.Steelers vs. Ravens, Week 4: Knee Jerk Reactions for Pittsburgh’s 26-14 loss to Baltimore Check out our Steelers Post-Game Show for more Steelers ‘Knee Jerk Reactions’As Week Three’s big win was a tale of two halves, I was nervous enough to pick against the Steelers in their rivalry game with the Ravens. It started off ugly again, so at this point I decided to shut my trap and react as the game develops and open the window to all of you. So if you want to know how my emotions fluctuated throughout the evening, keep on reading.Nonetheless, a simple reminder, a knee jerk reaction is an immediate and unthinking, emotional reaction. It’s basically shooting first and apologizing later. I can safely say that’s a true definition of your’s truly and a good lot of Steeler Nation. Here’s my real-time reactions during the Steelers first time in Tampa in eight yearsQuarter 1The Steelers really need to set the tone early with no points on the first drive.Artie Burns needs to and seems to know that this game is crucial to him.Nat Behre looked sad out there in coverage.I’d be using Lamar Jackson a boatload if he was on my team.It looks like they are going to.Wise time out by the Steelers.Run defense is porous early.Confusion again on defense. That’s unacceptable.Photo by Joe Sargent/Getty ImagesI was angered by that play before it resulted in a turnover. I like passing games that go past the chains. Vance can’t let that stuff happen.This might be one of those nights when living in Maryland sucks for me.T.J. Watt thought right. He was being held.I would like to exclaim that what I’m seeing is unbelievable, but with this crappy defense鈥 unfortunately believe.If I wasn’t contracted to write this article, I’d go to bed now,Running play on second and 20 when you’re down by 14 early...gotta throw out scripted plays. Are they even trying?Bostic might be better than Vince Williams.Hard to be happy about the stop when Haden got burned like he did there. Lucky with a capital L and a crapload of exclamation points.Play action works. I love JuJu.I betcha Eric Weddle has ticks in his beard.Ben likes Switzer.Glad that quarter is through.Quarter 2JuJu needs to protect that ball better.Three means nothing to me. Missed opportunity.I’ve been fighting it Authentic Javon Hargrave Jersey , but Terrell Edmunds kind of sucks.Sean Davis and Coty Sensabaugh with the big stick. Needed a big play on defense. Nice.Resign Jesse James.Conner can’t really get started.Just Ben being Ben and JuJu being JuJu.Switzer has four grabs. He’s made Justin Hunter irrelevant.AB is clutch. Not trying to be a homer, but not seeing the foul on James.Seriously. Gotta get in on this drive.Ridiculous. End Zone. You gotta get in.I have no confidence on third and eight.Haden, great coverage. Watt, great pass rush on that stop.Vance is a freaking warrior. Photo by Justin K. Aller/Getty ImagesThat might be the prettiest Ben to AB play that’s ever been.Photo by Joe Sargent/Getty ImagesI’m echoing Chris Collinsworth, Big Al just came up huge on that TD.I’m really glad that this is a resilient football team. The fans give up early (including me), but they don’t.They really needed a stop there. How did Bud not over run a play? Nice.VinnyVidiVici came up huge there.How is this game tied?Quarter 3Gotta come out smoking. Need a lead.Switzer is going to break one soon.Berry isn’t overly sour tonight.Giving Flacco a lot of time. Too much.Theres a considerable drop off without Mike Hilton.A lot of you hate Collinsworth. I think he puts on a clinic every time he speaks.Too much small ball. Need to get in the end zone. Another missed opportunity.Berry is bad again.Wow. I thought they made that stop on third down.This is a useless challenge. Like the guts though.Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY SportsGreat coverage by Haden. Edmunds was lost though.Too many third and longs being converted. Gotta rush more than four dudes.Tucker never misses.Told you.Ravens haven’t given up a second half TD all year. That string needs to snap now.Really? AB was open. C’mon Ben.These 12-man penalties are nauseating.Scheming is horrendous.Sutton had a good stop.Quarter 4Anything less than third and 30 is going to get converted on this defense.I stand corrected. But here comes Tucker.James Conner runs after the catch with heart.The third down conversion rate is pitiful.Defense has to come up big here.Renegade magic needed.Unacceptable. Edmunds can’t tackle.Do they know that they’re allowed to blitz?This defense is a joke.No heart or imagination tonight with this team.Ben was so off. Maybe the offense was a joke tonight too.Too many problems to keep thinking that there’s an easy solution.I’m usually a Steeler apologist. No excuses tonight. None....So...now as I replay the game more and more in my head, my perceptions and maybe my prescriptions will alter. But for now, you just got a glimpse of the first thoughts that popped in my mind while I was watching this game. Feel free to get your commentus maximus on in the section below. Custom New Orleans Saints Jerseys
Chủ đề: www.redskinscheapstore.com   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 18/03/2019 lúc 02:21:11(UTC)
On the surface Cheap Ryan Kerrigan Jersey , the Pittsburgh Steelers' offseason decision to flip outside linebackers Bud Dupree and T.J. Watt looked a little bit of a reach.While Watt was steady and occasionally spectacular as a rookie in 2017 for a team that led the NFL in sacks, Dupree has spent much of his first three years in the NFL searching for consistency to justify the first-round pick the Steelers used on him in 2015.So much for that narrative. Combining for four sacks in five quarters has a way of doing that.Dupree and Watt looked every bit as aggressive as coach Mike Tomlin envisioned during a season-opening tie in Cleveland. Working almost exclusively from the left side, Watt chased down Browns quarterback Tyrod Taylor three times. Dupree, now attacking from the blind side against right-handed quarterbacks such as Taylor, dropped him once."We did a lot of stuff to maximize our potential and opportunities outside and we still had more opportunities to make more sacks we didn't capitalize on," Dupree said. "It should have been more than that."Dupree estimated he and Watt could have had three or four more if not for Taylor's mobility.Regardless, it marked an auspicious start from a position the Steelers (0-0-1) placed a significant emphasis on heading into 2018 after opting to exercise the fifth-year option on Dupree's contract.Freed from the pressure of having to play for a new contract this fall Youth Chase Roullier Jersey , Dupree 鈥?who had 15陆 sacks during his first three seasons but had issues being a factor in the pass rush on a weekly basis 鈥?could instead focus on taking over at a spot that's been largely unsettled since James Harrison's prime earlier this decade.Harrison finally moved on after being cut last December and now it's Dupree's turn to use his combination of power and speed against opposing left tackles.The player who struggled at times against the run had his job responsibilities whittled down in some ways.Now Dupree's primary goal is to simply get after the quarterback while Watt can use his eyes 鈥?and his preternatural football IQ 鈥?to quickly dissect what's going on."I'm way more comfortable (on the left)," Watt said. "I feel like I can bend more. I'm a stronger player. I can see the quarterback. I can see his eyes. I know what he's thinking better. I'm a very instinctual player. It allows me to see and read the play better."It certainly looked that way as Watt chased Taylor through the muck, hardly looking like someone who missed most of training camp due to hamstring issues.He played 85 of Pittsburgh's 89 defensive snaps and even managed to block Zane Gonzalez's potential game-winning 43-yard field goal with 13 seconds left in overtime."The switch revealed itself and its skillset," coach Mike Tomlin said. "We'll continue to work. We are going to ask those guys to be versatile and to move around. You nail those guys down as young people, so they can get muscle memory associated with skill development at their positions but as they get older we'll continually move them around. It provides flexibility for us."Maybe, but Pittsburgh might not want to drift too far away from what worked against the Browns, though Kansas City (1-0) and second-year quarterback Patrick Mahomes will provide a far different test on Sunday when the Chiefs visit Heinz Field.Where Taylor looks to make plays with his legs Youth Josh Doctson Jersey , the big-armed Mahomes would prefer to fling it."We just got to let him know we're there early," Watt said. "Make him stay in his pocket and make him use his arm strength."And make Mahomes use it before he's ready.The Chiefs lit up San Diego for 38 points last week, though Kansas City has long struggled to contain Pittsburgh's pass rush. Steelers linebackers took down former Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith three times in a victory in Kansas City last October, and Harrison produced problems for Chiefs left tackle Eric Fisher for years, including drawing a holding penalty that ended up negating a tying 2-point conversion in the divisional round of the 2016 playoffs.Now it's Dupree's turn."He's a (former) No. 1 pick," Dupree said. "That's what you want. I'm going to go against some of the top-notch guys in the league. ... that's what you want, is the best on the best."A group Dupree is trying to crack even if it's the precocious Watt that seems to be on the fast track to getting there. Not that Watt wants to draw any sort of comparison between himself and Dupree Youth Quinton Dunbar Jersey , or anyone else for that matter."We've both got a lot of great moves, it's just a matter of getting comfortable," Watt said. "I don't think somebody's got better moves than the other."The same goes when the discussion turns to Watt and older brother J.J., a four-time All-Pro three-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year.Mention to the youngest of the three Watt brothers in the NFL that his three sacks in Cleveland equals the best single-game performance by his more accomplished big brother and T.J. Watt just shrugs. He's not caught up in numbers. He just wants to do what the Steelers are paying him to do: be as disruptive as he can for as long as he can."I feel like I'm a splash player," he said. "I can go out there and make the play on any given call."No matter where he lines up.NOTES: QB Ben Roethlisberger (elbow), OG David DeCastro (hand), CB Joe Haden (hamstring) Youth Adrian Peterson Jersey , DE Cam Heyward (knee) and DT Tyson Alualu (shoulder) did not practice on Wednesday. Roethlisberger and DeCastro are hopeful they can play on Sunday. ... TE Vance McDonald (foot) practiced and is expected to make his season debut against the Chiefs. Is it not a good thing that for the past week or so (if not longer) that there have been rumblings about how good Simmie Cobbs is and how he has been progressing on the Washington practice squad?Well the New Orleans Saints, a playoff contender, think Cobbs has been progressing as well and signed him today. In the latest chapter of roster mismanagement the Redskins let another promising player get away. Cobbs (6’3, 220 lbs) wasn’t known for his breakneck speed but he produced at a high level during his time at Indiana in college and was known for his reliability and ability to physically outplay his opponent. Cobbs has a lot to prove on the professional football field of course but letting something happen like this given the circumstances of the roster and position is just plain dumb. You may be wondering why there is even an article about this. Ask yourself, if the Redskins were trying to win how does Jehu Chesson give them a better shot on the active roster than Cobbs? In a season that is deteriorating at breakneck speed not matter how much lipstick people try and put on this pig its ‘little’ moves like this that really highlight the incompetence of the adults in charge at Redskins Park. Custom Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys
Chủ đề: The Redskins will owe Brandon Scherff $12.5m in 2019   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 18/03/2019 lúc 02:05:42(UTC)
http://www.redskinscheapstore.com/shawn-lauvao-jersey-cheap , with every dollar of that salary being charged to the salary cap.This is true every year for every former first round draft pick who is playing on his 5th year option.This also means that there is no dead cap hit if the team decides to cut the player, as the Redskins did with RG3 in 2016.Let’s be clear about one thing - Brandon Scherff is one of the best players on the Redskins team.He should be extended — not because it will provide salary cap benefit — but because it is the right thing to do.Personally, I count the beginning of the end of the Redskins playoff-bound 2018 season, not from when Alex Smith was so dramatically injured in Week 11, but from when Scherff’s season came to an end in Week 10.That was when the Redskins offensive line was so weakened that the team was no longer able to execute its offensive game plan.Yes... the Redskins right guard is that important to the team.It was a no-brainer to give Trent Williams a 5-year, $66m extension in 2015, six years after the Redskins had drafted him, and it should now be a similarly simple decision for the Redskins to extend Scherff on a similarly lucrative contract.It’s the right thing to do.It’s also the smart thing to do from a salary cap standpoint, and some time between now and March 13th, the Redskins should finalize a contract extension with Brandon Scherff.For a year or two, it’s been common for comments to appear in threads saying that the team needed to keep an eye on the cap space for the purpose of extending Scherff, Crowder and/or Preston Smith when the 2018 season came to an end.We’ve gotten so used to the idea being repeated in the comments section that many people have lost sight of the fact that the 2019 salary cap situation is different for Scherff than it is for the other two because the Redskins have already exercised the 5th year option that came with his status as a first-round draft pick.People still think in terms of a contract extension for Scherff eating into the Redskins salary cap.On the contrary, an extension for Scherff will reduce the 2019 salary cap and increase the available cap space for the franchise.In the cases of the slot receiver (Crowder) and the outside linebacker (Smith), extensions will certainly cut into the Redskins’ already limited cap space, but extending Brandon Scherff won’t put pressure on Washington’s 2019 cap space. In fact, through the magic of accrual accounting, the extension will change the distribution of Scherff’s cap charges, and actually give the Redskins more money to spend on other players, not less, if that’s what they want.The “extension” of Scherff’s contract will, in effect, involve the ‘tearing up’ of his current 1-year, $12.5m deal, and replacing it with a long-term agreement that will redistribute his money and cap charges.It’s always hard to project the exact effect of a contract on the salary cap without knowing the structure of the deal.The only way to reasonably project the salary cap impact is to make an educated guess as to what the new contract will look like, year-by-year, in order to assess its overall cap hit http://www.redskinscheapstore.com/matthew-ioannidis-jersey-cheap , and — most importantly to the Redskins — the immediate impact on the cap in 2019 and 2020, when the team needs to negotiate the difficult salary cap situation created by the Alex Smith injury.I have found that it is often good to have a “proxy” contract to guide my thinking for the purposes of projecting what the Redskins are likely to do with any given contract.Eric Schaffer, who is responsible for negotiating Redskin player contracts and managing salary cap, follows patterns that do not often vary, although he has shown the ability to adapt to specific circumstances, as he did with the large Josh Norman contract that was structured to be molded around the franchise tag(s) of Kirk Cousins, and leave the Redskins with a tradeable commodity in the final two years of Norman’s contract.While contracts for guards have traditionally not been as rich as those of offensive tackles in the NFL, the guard market was reset last season, and the years that have passed since the Trent Williams extension was signed in 2015 have resulted in a situation where Trent’s 5-year, $66m contract provides very good approximate value for a Brandon Scherff extension, with the added advantage, for our purposes, of also providing a model for the structure of the contract itself.There’s every reason to believe that the Scherff 2019 contract extension will be similar in structure to the Trent Williams 2015 contract extension, but that it will be tailored to help the Redskins get past the unusual and specific cap and roster challenges they face as a result of the Alex Smith injury.First of all, let me clarify that — because Brandon Scherff is already signed to a contract in 2019 via the 5th-year option that exists under the current CBA (which did not exist when Trent was extended) — I’m talking about adding 5 years and $66m of new money to his current contract.The effect of this is that the contract that I am proposing for Brandon Scherff will equal his current deal + the proposed new money, resulting in a 6-year, $78.5m contract that will run from 2019 to 2024.Let’s look at the structure of the projected Scherff deal, with the cap hits from the 2015 Trent Williams extension laid in for reference.The Williams contract came with a $20m signing bonus on a $66m contract, meaning that TW received 30% of his contract money at signing, but the first two years of his contract had higher base salary numbers than I am proposing for Scherff and were fully guaranteed, meaning that he received 47% of his contract money (fully guaranteed) in the first two years.I have increased Scherff’s signing bonus to 38%, but reduced his base salary numbers in order to give the Redskins as much salary cap flexibility as is practical in ‘19 and ‘20.I am not addressing the structure of guarantees (beyond the signing bonus) in this model, since my purpose is simply to assess the salary cap impact of the extension.Overall, under this proposed structure, Scherff will receive 43% of his total contract money in the first two years.The slight differences between the Williams & Scherff deals are intended to work around the Alex Smith cap hits in 2019 & 2020.The immediate net effect of this contract extension in 2019 is to reduce Brandon Scherff’s cap hit from $12.5m to $8m, adding $4.5m to Washington’s available cap space.Based on salary cap projections from OverTheCap http://www.redskinscheapstore.com/dustin-hopkins-jersey-cheap , this is what would happen to the Redskins available cap:To put a fine point on it, the Redskins do not need to cut, trade or restructure any other players to “make room” for Brandon Scherff’s extension.On the contrary, the extension itself should free up available cap space that can be used for signing other players to contracts in 2019.Not only is the extension the right move for the Redskins roster, it is also the right move for the Redskins salary cap.Signing Brandon Scherff to a multi-year extension in the coming weeks will have the effect of helping to solidify the Redskins offensive line for years to come, as well as increasing the Redskins available cap space in the season ahead.It’s the very definition of a no-brainer, win-win decision. Happy Victory Monday, y’all! As I said last week, there will be NO rooting for losses in this space. I think most Redskins fans can relate to that voice in my head that was screaming at me yesterday afternoon, “What the hell are you doing in front of the TV watching this team!?!?!” That voice has been training for years. It starts doing vocal exercises after EXACTLY the kind of loss we all watched at FedEx Field against the New York Giants a week ago. The narrative after that divisional loss was that the Redskins roster had quit, and that Jay Gruden no longer had the respect of anyone from the beer vendors all the way to the team president. I suggested on the show last week that the Alex Smith situation had distracted the team mightily. I also credited the presence of one “Mark Sanchez” with the general depression that had set in around the team. I still believe that just the news that he was starting for the Redskins against New York was worth more than a small amount of angst from every nook and cranny of the sideline. Nothing personal, Mr. Sanchez, but...you know...I mean...it’s not...come on, your history. Instead, Jay Gruden found a way to win a road game with a journeyman quarterback when the season was most assuredly on the line. To all you Jay-haters out there, this was not one you would put in your “fire him” pile. We will continue pulling for wins, and continue pulling for additional meaningful football games this winter. We will also continue pulling for an organizational change of direction. More on both of these below.The thing that beats me up more than anything is watching the Redskins win on the road. So many great Redskins fans still make it out to FedEx (I counted at least a few hundred of them last week). I would love for them to see these wins. At 3-4 in Landover, it hasn’t been as bad as it...has felt. Still, last week had that “season over” feeling, which made getting up for the game against Jacksonville that much more impressive for this Redskins team. Nobody is making Super Bowl plans after beating Jacksonville, but—and I use the “but” here very responsibly—the door to the postseason was moved into the “ajar” position. Maybe it is telling that the thing I woke up thinking about today was not so much that the Redskins could punch a ticket to the postseason with two more wins, but whether or not we were in control of our own destiny or in control of our own fate. It is one of my favorite debates here. Okay...that is pretty telling. As I said above, this win doesn’t make me change my mind on Bruce Allen. Any success the Redskins are able to achieve down the stretch should be viewed—in my humble opinion—assomething the new team president can work with and build upon. A playoff appearance at this point would not be a reason to stick with Bruce Allen. For all the points made in this space last week that don’t need to be made again, the direction of the Redskins organization needs a fresh set of eyes and hands. Dan Snyder can’t be fooled into thinking a Josh Johnson-led playoff team is somehow the result of Bruce Allen’s genius. If anything, Jay Gruden is solidifying his case to be allowed to stay on as head coach irregardless of who is team president next year. I think we need someone else concocting our draft strategy. I sure as hell think we should have someone who wasn’t recently voted the “least trustworthy” decision-maker in the league dealing with the agents of players that we are going to desperately need to sign this upcoming offseason. Finally, this recent business of carrying five running backs on the 53-man roster despite never using more than three on any gameday and despite the debilitating nature of our offensive line injuries kind of blows me away. Add to that we didn’t fill our full 53-man roster two weeks ago http://www.redskinscheapstore.com/jamison-crowder-jersey-cheap , and let a guy like Simmie Cobbs languish when, you know...we maybe could have used a 6-7 wide receiver just makes me even more baffled. Bruce Allen is like the guy in our fantasy league that starts guys on their bye and fails to make lay-up roster moves to give him a full and legal lineup. Whether we actually lost a guy who would have or could have contributed remains to be seen, but the fact that the New Orleans Saints wanted Cobbs should tell us at least something. Count me among those who think the Alex Smith health debacle was a HUGE distraction for this roster. I talked about it having something to do with being down 40-0 to the lowly Giants. Seeing the news that Alex had been released from the hospital and was resting at home on the front side of a long road back was uplifting. Count me among those who think that had something to do with the effort level against the Jaguars. A lot of folks out there think professional athletes should be able to focus and concentrate no matter what. That doesn’t take into account that Alex Smith is the kind of man who pulls all corners of the locker room toward him. He is revered by his fellow players for...well for the way he does everything. He was fighting for his life and his leg and to think that had no impact on his teammates who showed up on Sundays to play for and with him is naive. I guarantee you that at some point soon, he is going to address this team and I would bet dollars to donuts that if and when he does, it is going to be worth enough points to get a victory.Before we talk about that potential victory, let’s give Josh Johnson some love. The 32-year old (because apparently the Redskins aren’t allowed to have quarterbacks younger than 32) played well enough to help the team get a win. What he lacks in “established success” and “pedigree,” he makes up for with effort and passion. Because of the money wrapped up in Alex Smith, and because Colt McCoy is likely to be the projected starter in September 2019, the Redskins are in need of a cheap option to consider going into camp next summer. Someone was/is going to be able to play their way into at least those plans. If Josh Johnson manages to helm this Redskins team to an unexpected playoff appearance, he will have earned the right to come back next summer and compete for a spot. While I am not saying this is the case now, he could even give the team an excuse to not draft a quarterback early in the draft. Maybe...maaaaaaaaayyyyyyybe. The Jaguars defense has not been the top-ranked unit we have seen in recent seasons, but it still has a load of talent and Johnson deserves some love for keeping the offense in the game. The thing about playing the Tennessee Titans this week is that it is yet again a team that the Redskins match up well against (hear me out). They like to ground and pound. Marcus Mariota, while capable of throwing a very pretty ball, is more likely to throw a game-winning block than a game-winning deep ball. The Titans defense is sound, but they only give up about 25 less yards per game than the Redskins. The Titans offense has only scored three more points than the Redskins this season. Sure, they are 5-1 at home (Nashville!!!!!), and sure, they are riding a three-game win streak, but their style of play is one that the Redskins can actually match up against. I am not saying the Redskins should be favored, but 10-point underdogs seems a bit too much to me. I think it is something where, just like us Redskins fans, nobody knows what the hell is going to happen when this Washington team takes the field. The Titans may very well be able to line up and push the Redskins around...all I’m saying is that this should be how we hope a team lines up and tries to play the Redskins. nflshopoutlet.com
Chủ đề: The second half of the season is going to be   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 18/03/2019 lúc 01:38:16(UTC)
an important one for the New York Giants. They’re not pushing for a playoff spot New York Giants Hoodie , but these next eight games will help give a glimpse into what the Giants have heading into the 2019 season. While the defensive side of the ball will have a focus on what players will be there next year, the offense has the players (for the most part) and needs to focus on how to use the talent at hand better than it has been during the 1-7 start. Let’s look at some steps the Giants can take to get the offense on track in the second half.Figure out the offensive lineThere’s no other place an offensive breakdown can start than where the offense most often breaks down. The left side of the offensive line has not and likely will not change. Nate Solder is financially locked in as the left tackle and Will Hernandez is the legitimate bright spot on the line. Outside of those two spots, though, nothing has been good or consistent. Ereck Flowers was benched. Patrick Omameh was benched. Jon Greco might be on his way back to the bench.The Giants claimed guard Jamon Brown off waivers from the Los Angeles Rams last week. Brown is just 25 years old and started all 16 games from the Rams in 2017, but a suspension to start the season and good play from fill-in Austin Blythe made Brown expendable. Last season Brown played the most snaps (1,077), had the second-fewest blown blocks (18, three behind Andrew Whitworth’s 15 on 155 more snaps), and allowed just one sack, per the Football Outsiders Almanac. He might be in line to start for the Giants as early as Monday night against the 49ers. If that’s the case, it will be the the fourth different starting combination the Giants have used this season. It will also have three different starters than the Week 1 lineup. For a unit where continuity and communication are important, that’s not great turnover to have.2018 Giants OL startersWeekLTLGCRGRTWeekLTLGCRGRTBrown is on the last year of his rookie deal Customized New York Giants Jerseys , so if he does play well and the Giants want to keep him, they’ll have to re-sign him. If that’s not the case, the Giants might still be looking for three new starters on the offensive line come the offseason. That won’t be an easier task than it was this past offseason.Any complaints about the running game also fall into this category.Get in motion, pick up the paceLast season with the Minnesota Vikings, Pat Shurmur used pre-snap motion to create mismatches with the defense. This season, that’s gone away. Per Sports Info Solutions charting, the Giants use pre-snap motion on the ninth-lowest percentage of plays in the league.But they also have the sixth-biggest difference between yards per play with motion and yards per play without it. This should be an easy element to add to the offense since it’s something they have used at times already and it’s something Shurmur used way more often in his last stop.If the Giants aren’t going to use motion to make defenses uncomfortable, then maybe they can start to use pace. As it stands right now, the Giants are one of the slowest teams in the league when it comes to the pace of the offense, per Football Outsiders. On situation neutral plays — basically non-garbage time — the Giants run the 28th quickest offense in the league. At any point in the game when the score is within six points either way, the Giants are the 32nd-fastest offense.When the deficit gets to seven points or more, the Giants turn into the league’s fifth-fastest offense and that is when the unit has been the most dangerous and done its most damage. Since the Giants don’t change personnel as much as expected www.authenticsnewyorkgiants.com , getting to the line quicker and using pace to create mismatches for the likes of Odell Beckham and Saquon Barkley would help.The Giants don’t have to turn into the Chip Kelly Eagles (though, Shurmur was that team’s offensive coordinator), but a combination of limited misdirection, whether it be play-action or pre-snap motion, and a slow pace is the exact opposite of what’s happening with the evolution of modern offenses.Reinvent the wheelSaquon Barkley’s role in the passing game has been underwhelming at best over the first half of the season. He’s still been more productive as a receiver than a runner (minus-3.78 Expected Points Added on the ground and 13.1 EPA on pass targets), but his receiving production could be even better. He’s consistently targeted as a check down option and only recently has he gotten more work past the line of scrimmage.The easiest way to get Barkley involved past the line of scrimmage and limit the time needed to pass block is the wheel route. By EPA, the wheel route is one of the most efficient routes in football and when done correctly out of the backfield it sets the running back up with a matchup that’s nearly impossible for the defense to win.What makes the wheel route so hard to defend is that the defense usually has a linebacker on the running back when it’s man coverage. The route starts like it’s going to be a flat route, which gets the opposing defender moving horizontally, and then the running back turns up the field. There aren’t going to be many linebackers who can go from lateral movement to chasing a back on a vertical route. There are fewer who would be able to keep up with an athlete like Barkley.On this play, the Rams used it inside the 10-yard line and got Todd Gurley on linebacker Anthony Barr. When Gurley got out of the backfield, Barr had to stop and try to read Gurley’s break, but there was none and Gurley was able to run past him up the seam for an easy touchdown.The wheel can work on its own at any part of the field New York Giants T-Shirt , but it can be opened up even more when there’s a route combination with it from the receiver on the same side. Typically that’s a slant or hitch that creates a natural pick that adds an extra element the defender needs to get through on his path to the running back. The Carolina Panthers used this on Thursday night against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Devin Funchess ran a quick slant and turned to get in the way of the linebacker while Christian McCaffrey ran an uncontested wheel out of the same side and had a clear path to the end zone.Opposing defenses against the Giants will already be focused on the slant potential from Odell Beckham, so adding a layer to that with a Barkley wheel outside of it creates a dangerous combination that shouldn’t be able to be defended. On this note, the Giants should use more combinations with Beckham and Barkley on the same side of the formation, wheel or not.Getting Barkley more efficient targets will help open up the passing game for others (more than a good running game would). The ability to gain yards on quick passes is something the Giants have tried to accomplish, but getting those routes open past the line of scrimmage will be significantly more useful than the high volume of dump offs Barkley has seen in the passing game so far.Odell Beckham contract: Both sides worked to make historic deal happen Odell Beckham Jr. has been setting records since he entered the NFL in 2014. Now, he has a record-setting contract to go along with it. Beckham and the New York Giants have finalized a long-awaited mega-contract.There was a time back in the offseason when it looked like this deal, which both sides have seemingly wanted for a while now, might not happen. Back in March, there were reports that the Giants — perhaps tired of the drama and distractions that have surrounded Beckham since he was the team’s first-round pick in 2014 — were open to the idea of trading the superstar wide receiver rather than paying him. Whether there were any teeth to those rumors or not, the idea made sense. The Giants had a new regime, they were 3-13 a year ago, Beckham was on the cusp of the mega-deal he now has New York Giants Hats , and both because of the constant swirl of non-football headlines he had always created and the serious injury he was coming off there were questions about whether the two sides would go forward with a long-term marriage.Well, thanks to work done by both sides they have now done so.New GM Dave Gettleman and new coach Pat Shurmur gave everyone, including Beckham, a clean slate. Reports are that as far back as February, Shurmur began reaching out to Beckham and building a relationship with him. For his part, Beckham did everything he could to show the Giants that he wanted to be with the team. He never complained to the media about his contract or threatened a holdout. He showed up to OTAs, mandatory mini-camp and training camp despite not having a new deal. He worked tirelessly and showed the Giants not only that he wanted to be there, but that the injury had not robbed him of any of the explosiveness that made him the great player he was before injury. Beckham once said the dream was to be the highest-paid player in the game. He won’t be that, but he will easily be the highest-paid wide receiver in the game’s history. Giants co-owner John Mara has been saying for a couple of years now that he wanted Beckham to be a Giant, if not for his entire career, for a long time.So, both sides get something they wanted.Ian Rapoport is reporting that Beckham will get $41 million fully guaranteed and a total of $65 million guaranteed over the life of his five-year extension. He won’t quite average $20 million annually over the life of the deal New York Giants Hoodie , which no player other than a quarterback ever has. The way the deal is apparently structured, though, Rapoport said that Beckham will average $20 million annually over its last three seasons.Beckham’s teammates were happy enough to throw a locker room party for him when the news broke.It’s a historic deal that puts Beckham in the league’s top five in guaranteed money. He becomes the highest-paid receiver in terms of annual value, topping Antonio Brown of the Pittsburgh Steelers ($17 million), and in guaranteed money, topping Mike Evans of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers ($55 million).So, an expensive but very good day for the Giants. One that guarantees that, if healthy, the Giants will be able to pair Beckham and Saquon Barkley for several years to come. It makes Beckham, the Giants, his teammates and the fan base happy.A win all the way around.
Chủ đề: The New York Giants had a bye in Week 9   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 18/03/2019 lúc 01:11:06(UTC)
http://www.giantscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-riley-dixon-jersey , following a touchdown loss at the hands of the Washington Redskins. Following their bye week, New York has a 1-7 record and would have the No. 1 selection in the 2019 NFL Draft. Every week Tankathon.com comes out with its 2019 NFL Draft Power Rankings, so let's take a look at where the Giants are heading into thre second half of the season.The Giants come in at No. 2 in draft value, with a score of 3,845.0. New York sits just behind the Oakland Raiders, who, after trades of Amari Cooper and Khalil Mack, have three selections in the first round of next year’s draft. The Giants are the only team in the NFC East in the top 10 of this week’s rankings. Following the Week 9 games, Bleacher Report writer Ryan McCrystal came out with his 2019NFL Mock Draft. McCrystal has the Giants taking Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert with the No. 1 selection. Here’s a look at how the top 10 selections stack up on McCrystal’s mock draft. As the Giants look forward to their Week 10 matchup with the San Fransisco 49ers Cheap Sterling Shepard Jersey , fans should start to look towards the future. With the draft picks the team currently has in hand, Giants fans should be excited. Saquon Barkley is everything the New York Giants thought he would be when they selected him second overall in the 2018 NFL Draft. Maybe more. Question is, will the Giants ever really be good enough to make that matter?Let’s discuss that as we review the running back position as part of our season-ending 2018 position-by-position reviews.2018 review Let’s see if we can list Saquon Barkley’s accomplishments.No. 1 in the NFL in yards from scrimmage and all-purpose yards (2,028)Became just the third rookie in NFL history to surpass 2,000 yards from scrimmageNo. 2 in the NFL in rushing yards (1,307)Set the rookie record for catches by a running back (91)Barkley also re-wrote the Giants’ rookie record bookHis 91 catches ties the rookie record Odell Beckham Jr. set in 2014His 1,307 yards set the franchise rookie rushing recordHis 15 touchdowns set a franchise rookie record, as did his 11 rushing scoresThere are maybe a zillion Barkley highlight videos out there. Barkley’s highlights set to the music from ‘Space Jam’ is maybe the best thing ever.As NFL analyst Brian Baldinger said in putting together his own Barkley highlight reel “What a year by Saquon Barkley!” The ever-quotable Baldinger also said “Trying to stop Saquon is like squeezing Jell-O.”And yet ...And yet the 2018 season felt like one in which the Giants didn’t get everything they could have gotten out of Barkley. Dan Pizzuta took an in-depth look at Barkley on Thursday, and some of what you are about to read is similar to what Dan wrote. Shoot Cheap Saquon Barkley Jersey , some of it is borrowed from what Dan wrote. For what it’s worth, I swear that the timing of Dan’s piece and mine are purely coincidental.2018 Position ReviewsPosition review: Offensive line remains a work in progress for GiantsAt wide receiver, Odell Beckham’s comeback, search for a No. 3 were top Giants’ storiesAt tight end, using Evan Engram better a key for GiantsRunning back review: Can Giants avoid turning Saquon Barkley into Barry Sanders?Giants position review: Quarterback — a future with or without Eli Manning?Position review: Giants have decisions to make with EDGE rushersGiants position review: Special teams were a bright spotPosition review: Giants D-line talent is promising, but thinPosition Review: Giants cornerbacks at a crossroadPer proprietary data from SB Nation’s Bill Connelly, the Giants were the most explosive rushing team in the NFL. Yet, they were one of the least efficient, 30th in that category. Thirty-four of Barkley’s 261 runs (an amazing 13 percent) went for negative yardage.Football Outsiders ranked Barkley 15th in the league in DYAR (Defense-Adjusted Yards Above Replacement) and 40th in the league in running back efficiency with just a 41 percent success rate.Mostly Cheap Odell Beckham Jr Jersey , that tells us that the Giants didn’t block very well for Barkley. That’s confirmed by Football Outsiders ranking the Giants’ offensive line 29th in Adjusted Line Yards, a measure of the ineffectiveness of the team’s run blocking.The Giants weren’t very efficient throwing the ball to Barkley, either. Just 34.1 percent of Barkley’s receptions went for a first down, 17th among 29 running backs with at least 40 targets.Six of Barkley’s receptions resulted in lost yardage.Fifteen running backs averaged more than Barkley’s 7.9 yards per catch.Perhaps Barkley’s 91 catches were more an indication of the dysfunction in the Giants’ offense, especially in the first eight games when he caught 58 passes, than anything else.Finally, there is this. The Giants went 5-11. No matter how you slice it, they weren’t very good. The Giants still need a long-term solution at quarterback. They need offensive line help. They need a defense. Until they get those things Barkley might be destined to be Barry Sanders — a human highlight reel on a bad football team.There were other running backs on the roster in 2018.Wayne Gallman didn’t get a lot of opportunities behind Barkley (51 carries, 176 yards http://www.giantscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-patrick-omameh-jersey , 3.5 yards per carry; 14 receptions, 89 yards). Jonathan Stewart had just six carries for 17 yards before heading to IR with a foot injury.Fullback Elijhaa Penny was plucked off the Arizona Cardinals practice squad early in the year and did a nice job in limited snaps.2019 look aheadWe know what Barkley is going to be in 2019 and beyond, provided he remains healthy. A great player. A phenomenon. A highlight waiting to happen. Can’t miss TV. A breathtaking moment possible every time he touches the ball.We also know none of that matters unless the Giants fix all of the issues around him. Can they get a quarterback of the future who can give them a chance to win championships? Can they fix the offensive line to help Barkley be not only explosive, but efficient? Can they build a defense?Barkley as Sanders is not something anyone who cares about the Giants wants. Can they avoid sentencing him to that fate?
Chủ đề: www.authenticssanfrancisco49ers.com   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 18/03/2019 lúc 12:47:22(UTC)
Every year Youth Jaquiski Tartt Jersey , draft obsessives look at the NFL Draft Value Chart, which gives a point value to different draft picks so that you can figure out what a (roughly) fair trade is. For example, the San Francisco 49ers second overall pick this spring is worth 2,600 points (while first overall is 3,000). Mr. Irrelevant costs you 2 points; the entire 7th round, all 32 picks combined, is only worth 256.3.The first few picks have skyrocketing value, which is great news for Niners fans this year. Consider the tie breaker with the Raiders and the Jets; Oakland/Las Vegas’ pick (#4 overall) is worth only 1,800 points. So by winning that tie breaker, the Niners’ gained 800 points, which is the value of Seattle’s first round pick this year at #21 overall. That’s right, #2 overall is worth #4 overall plus #21 overall.Sure, the three teams reverse their pecking order in the second round, but the difference between #34 (560 points)and San Francisco’s #36 (540) is tiny; 20 points is a bit less than pick #23 in the 6th round.Or is it? Jimmy Johnson’s chart has been criticized for overvaluing top picks. Wouldn’t you rather have two first round picks, instead of one that’s just two slots higher? Not necessarily. This is the genius of the chart, because elite talent is rare, and the Niners’ need for a great edge rusher is a perfect example. There are two White Fred Warner Jersey , possibly three great sure-fire pass rushers this year. There aren’t four.If Arizona does not take Bosa, or you don’t think Josh Allen is that much better than, say, Jachai Polite, you might gamble on a trade down to #4 for an extra first rounder. But if you need the best edge rusher possible — and a lot of people think San Francisco does — some marginal cornerback at the end of the first round will be weak compensation for not getting what you desperately need.Some people have tried to improve on the chart. Around 2012, Football Perspective website and a group from Harvard each made their own chart, which dropped the relative value of the top spots. Johnson’s chart has #1 overall worth 1,500 times more than #224, but Football Perspective’s top pick is only 346 times as much (0.1 to 34.6), and Harvard’s increase is a mere 15.9 times (31.1 to 494.6).But I can’t find anyone who admits to still using these charts, while Johnson’s still seems to be the starting point for NFL trades. Jerry Jones claims he has his own chart, but is he really the expert you want to follow?Now keep in mind, the value is for the draft picks themselves. The fact that you choose a bad player with the pick you got doesn’t change the trade’s value. You just spent your pick unwisely.According to this chart, for example, the Trent Richardson trade was a win for Cleveland. They got the #3 overall pick (2200 points), and gave up #4 overall (1800), plus a fourth Youth Solomon Thomas Jersey , fifth and seventh round pick (worth only 58, 36.5 and 7 points respectively). That’s a 300 point score.But: Trent Richardson was obviously a bust, and few people think any RB that high is a good idea. Plus it was a weak draft at the top; the next best players, in hindsight, might have been Luke Kuechly (#9) and Fletcher Cox (#12). There was no good reason to move up that year.What about the Trubisky trade? The Niners got an extra 3rd (#67) and 4th (#111), plus Chicago’s 3rd rounder the following year (#70, which turned into Fred Warner) — all just to move down one spot.On the charts, discounting Warner’s pick to a 2017 4th like you do, the Niners gave up 2600 points in the form of the second overall pick, and got (2200 + 255 + 72 + 96) = 2,623 points — a tiny bump. But Lynch didn’t need to be a genius to know that Chicago was not moving up to get Solomon Thomas, and obviously he wasn’t sold on Trubisky, so it was pretty much free money. You’d think, though, thatBears GM Ryan Pace would know that if the Niners were even discussing a trade, they weren’t sold on Trubisky so the Bears didn’t need to trade at all.Let’s look at some of last year’s trades and see if the chart is reflected in the swaps. Keep in mind a couple of things. A 3rd day pick next year is generally one round higher than the same pick this year. (e.g. the Patriots got a 3rd round pick in 2019 last year for their 2018 4th round pick.) Also, late rounds have so little value that the chart hardly matters. It’s almost a courtesy between GMs to swap 7th rounders White Alfred Morris Jersey , either worth an extra pick or maybe I’ll scratch your back later.So, consider the Dante Pettis trade. The 49ers gave up a 2nd round pick (#59) and a 3rd (#74)— 310 + 220 points — to move up 15 slots in the 2nd (to #44 overall), and also got #148 in the 5th round as a sweetener (460 + 31.8).On the chart they overpaid mildly, giving up 530 points and getting 491.8 back, but it’s not a huge difference. The Cardinals gave up #15, #79 and #152 — 1275.2 combined — for #10 overall (1300 points) to get Josh Rosen. Pretty close. But the Bills overpaid 400 points to grab QB Josh Allen:#7 overall and #255 (1501 points) in exchange for #12, #53 and #56 (1910 combined points). According to the chart, they should have been able to get him with only one of those two 2nd round picks plus their first.One final example: the Bills swapped first round picks with the Ravens, moving up from #22 to #16, also surrendering a 3rd round pick (#65) in exchange for a 5th (#154). All told, they gave up 1,045 points in exchange for 1029.4, an almost perfectly even swap.There are obviously a lot of complicating factors, but after more than 25 years Jimmy Johnson’s draft chart is still holding up pretty well. The 2019 NFL Senior Bowl is a wrap and the San Francisco 49ers coaching staff can start looking towards the NFL Draft. All week Kyle Shanahan and his staff were coaching the South for the Senior Bowl and got extended looks at a wealth of prospects. Being that the 49ers are picking second, this extended look will do wonders not just to evaluate talent, but to see if personalities fit or clash. So if the 49ers were limited to the Senior Bowl roster, who would we find selected? Well a mock draft from FanSpeak’s Steve Shoup answers just that. Just a few things to keep in mind http://www.authenticssanfrancisco49ers.com/cheap-kyle-juszczyk-jersey , this is from what he calls “a generic” team. So any team could have this mock. That said, I made some adjustments to the players based on the 49ers’ needs. Being this is a generic team-mock, we also need to take into account that positioning isn’t weighed as much. That means if we were actually doing this with the 49ers starting at No. 2, there’s not a doubt in my mind some of these picks could get sniped by the Arizona Cardinals or whoever else is in front of the 49ers. For the most part, I tried to stick with what Shoup walked out with for generic teams as my evaluations of the Senior Bowl prospects pales in comparison to his or others. I also accounted for the draft picks the 49ers have. Don’t consider this my mock draft, but more a revision of his. The 49ers have five picks and one possible sixth round compensatory pick.Here’s what I came up with: Round 1: DE Montez Sweat, Mississippi StateRound 2: WR Deebo Samuel, South CarolinaRound 3: G Chris Lindstrom, Boston CollegeRound 4: LB Germaine Pratt, NC StateRound 6: OT Tytus Howard, Alabama StateRound 7: CB Jimmy Moreland, James MadisonMontez Sweat had some moments in the Senior Bowl, he made some offensive linemen look silly through the week. I am pumping the brakes the praise since it’s Senior Bowl competition and not NFL competition, but if I don’t have Nick Bosa or Josh Allen at my disposal, give me Sweat as my edge rusher. Deebo Samuel had a great week of practices but didn’t show much on Saturday. Anyone who watched will know that wasn’t his fault. Samuel’s quarterback was throwing some absolute clunkers around the field that were impossible to catch. What I liked in those terrible balls was Samuel still trying to make plays on them. Balls sailing far to high in the air would still have Samuel going Michael Jordan to try and pluck them out of the sky. I loved what I saw through the week from Samuel. My issue with Samuel is his separation, which I didn’t see much of Saturday—that is on him. Kyle Shanahan loves separation so I do think that may be a hard pass on Samuel, plus I’m happy with Kendrick Bourne and Dante Pettis (flail me whenever you’re ready). At the very least http://www.authenticssanfrancisco49ers.com/cheap-earl-mitchell-jersey , Samuel earned himself a workout with the 49ers. I love, love, love, love Chris Lindstrom. He has good pass protection and run blocking and has that quickness necessary for Kyle Shanahan’s zone blocking scheme. If there’s one player I’d like to see from the Senior Bowl on the roster, it’s Lindstrom. I don’t think he’ll last until the third round after pro days and combines come around, but if he’s there, the 49ers can solve their guard problem. Germaine Pratt is a linebacker that I think with some development can be placed alongside Fred Warner. Put him, Elijah Lee, and Warner on the roster and you got a respectable tandem of linebackers. I checked out some of his tape at NC State and loved his speed. Pratt will need development, but I think he could work in Saleh’s scheme within a year. Tytus Howard will sit for 2019. If I took him he’d be a backup swing tackle for 2019 and maybe 2020, but he’d be working with the expectation and hope of him replacing either Joe Staley or Mike McGlinchey when the latter moves over to Staley’s spot after the eventual retirement. This guy took Sweat down a few times through practice according to Shoup and I think if the 49ers don’t rush him—develop him, he could be really, really good in two years. The last pick is a flyer. Jimmy Moreland might not work at all in Saleh’s defense, but it’d be interesting to see what he does with Richard Sherman’s tutelage. Like I said, nothing much different than what was taken by a “generic” team, but more a revision of sorts. What do you think? Who would you take with the first and second picks if you had only the Senior Bowl roster at your disposal?
Chủ đề: Jimmy Garoppolo didn't feel the need to throw   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 18/03/2019 lúc 10:55:51(UTC)
any chairs http://www.49erscheapstore.com/k_waun-williams-jersey-cheap , yell at teammates or do just about anything different following a season-opening loss.Sure, he might have lost his first game as a starting quarterback since he was back at Eastern Illinois, but Garoppolo kept the same approach he had while leading the San Francisco 49ers to five straight wins to end last season."I think it's pretty easy," Garoppolo said Wednesday. "I come in here every day grinding, trying to be the best quarterback for this team that I can be. As long as I have that mindset, I think I'll be all right."Garoppolo was far from his best last week in a 24-16 loss at Minnesota. He completed less than half his passes, threw three interceptions and led the 49ers (0-1) to just one touchdown in his first start since signing a five-year, $137.5 million contract in the offseason.Garoppolo earned that deal after winning his first seven career starts, including two in New England in 2016. Garoppolo's last loss as a starter came in the FCS playoffs when Towson beat Eastern Illinois 49-39.That game ended Garoppolo's college career so the last time he had to come back from a loss came after a loss at Northern Illinois on Sept. 21, 2013, and Garoppolo bounced back to throw for 322 yards and three TDs in a 42-7 win over Eastern Kentucky.He will try for a similar result in the home opener Sunday against Detroit (0-1) and coach Kyle Shanahan sees the same approach as always from his quarterback."I'd be disappointed if it was different," Shanahan said. "Jimmy tries his hardest every week. I know he didn't have his best game last week Youth Richard Sherman Jersey , but he doesn't need to come in here and make stuff up. He's had some successful games in this league. He's going to have plenty more. He just needs to get back to work."Garoppolo went 15 for 33 for 261 yards last week against a Minnesota defense that was ranked first in the NFL a year ago and his three interceptions were the most by a San Francisco quarterback in a season opener since Hall of Famer Steve Young did it in 1993 against Pittsburgh.One interception came when Kendrick Bourne ran the wrong pattern, another on a high throw and the third when Garoppolo was trying to lead a late comeback.There were some bright moments, too, most notably when Garoppolo spun out of pressure and found Dante Pettis with an off-balance throw to the back of the end zone for a 22-yard TD."I like guys who aren't scared to fail," Shanahan said. "They're going to let it rip. They're not going to just guess and gamble, but they're trying to win the game and they try to see stuff and they try to let it rip. You do the best you can and then you live with the consequences. What you don't want is someone who isn't sure and they're scared to get blamed so they sit there and take a sack. It's really hard to win when you have that unless you depend on everyone else."That play led to San Francisco's only touchdown on four red zone drives against the Vikings. That was also a problem last year when the Niners had TDs on just 12 of 28 red zone trips in Garoppolo's starts.Some of the problems in the opener were self-inflicted, like when Alfred Morris lost a fumble at the 1 in the first half and when Garoppolo threw high to an open George Kittle later in the game. There was also a third-down pass to Pierre Garcon that was broken up in the end zone, leading to another field goal."It gets tougher down there, and when you have an opportunity and you miss it you will not have a good day in the red zone," Shanahan said. "Not going to reinvent the wheel, but we're going to try and get better at that stuff."NOTES: The Niners placed LB Brock Coyle on IR with a concussion and a broken bone in his back. He can't have contact for at least six weeks. ... G Mike Person (foot), G Joshua Garnett (toe) Cheap Dante Pettis Jersey , WR Marquise Goodwin (thigh), S Adrian Colbert (hamstring) and LB Malcolm Smith (hamstring) all missed practice and are day to day. ... The team signed LB Terence Garvin to a one-year deal and promoted OL Najee Toran from the practice squad to the active roster. ... WR Frank Stephens was signed to the practice squad. ... WR Aaron Burbridge was released off IR with an injury settlement. Injuries have been a huge problem for the 49ers; that’s not a new flash. Football Outsiders hasn’t released its 2018 Adjusted Games Lost statistics yet, but the Niners were 23rd in 2017 and 24th the year before. (Both years, the LA Rams were No. 1 in the NFL, meaning the fewest games lost.)So, the Niners fired their Strength and Conditioning coach and also their Medical Director. Monday evening, Matt Barrows reported the team hired Ben Peterson to serve as the head of a now combined medical and training unit. Peterson joins the 49ers after spending the past two and a half years serving as Sports Science director for the Philadelphia Flyers.Peterson is a Minnesota kid, so the hockey makes sense. But what he really is a super smart analytics guy, with a PhD in Kinesiology and Exercise Science. Before the Flyers he was the Director of Research and Analytics at Catapult, a leading sports science company that makes high-tech positioning monitors for elite athletes.Catapult devices use precision GPS, accelerometers and gyroscopes to track complicated data about movement, force and impact Cheap Ahkello Witherspoon Jersey , and their staff helps clients (such as the Flyers) interpret that data. They liked his work so much that they hired him away. Back in 2015, he gave a presentation on using Catapult devices in the NHL. You can view it above, or click here. It’s very interesting if you’re as big a geek as I am. If not, I watched it so you don’t have to. Here are the highlights.You can tell why the Niners hired him from the title of his talk: “Keeping Your Players On The Ice.” He notes that hockey has a higher games-lost rate (50% of rosters) than even football (37%). Some of that might be because football has larger rosters of players to sub in.He has a great statistic about the value of avoiding injury: as of 2015, the last six Stanley Cups had been won by teams with the fewest man-games lost. And when you think about it, postseason success in football has a lot to do with avoiding injuries, too. Maybe you noticed that there was not a single player on the injury report for either team in the Super Bowl.He is very focused on “total player load,” which is basically the amount of exertion and impact a player has. “Total player load is No. 1 predictor of injury in all sports including football,” he noted.Load doesn’t come only from games, though. Practices pile on the load too; not as much but there are a lot more practices than games, and it all adds up.The Catapult device can track load numerically, and it makes a big difference. He shared some data from the Minnesota Golden Gophers college hockey team. When their weekly practice load was over 900 whatever-units http://www.49erscheapstore.com/marquise-goodwin-jersey-cheap , they won 48% of their games. But when it was under 900, they won 80%.There are other interesting applications, too. Data showed that Gopher forwards were dropping off sharply in the third period, so they backed off on intensity of practices, especially late in the week, and saw an improvement.Since they measure every player at the beginning of the season when healthy, you can also use precise data to see how much power something like a sprained ankle has recovered. In football terms, you could track the force as a wide receiver plants a foot and cuts; if the number is a lot less than their healthy value, you might need to slow down their return or order more intense therapy on it.So what does it add up to? Expect lighter practices, more rotation of subs, and maybe an effort to find players with fewer “miles on them” in the draft.
Chủ đề: Mike Tomlin baffled with NFL not reversing fumble   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 26/02/2019 lúc 02:40:50(UTC)
on Browns’ punt return In the aftermath of the Pittsburgh Steelers’ weird tie with the Cleveland Browns in Week 1 Cheap Javon Hargrave Jersey , many who know me personally, and some who don’t on social media, have asked my thoughts on the game. It was disappointing, but one play stood out to me regarding a situation which turned the tide in the game. After the Steelers’ scored their third touchdown to take a 21-7 lead, the defense forced a punt on the ensuing drive. The punt ‘appeared’ to glance off rookie running back Nick Chubb’s face mask and was recovered by safety Sean Davis. It was a huge play, but the ruling on the field was Davis simply downed the football, not recovered a fumble. Mike Tomlin challenged the call, but it was not overturned, rather upheld.During his weekly Tuesday press conference Jordan Berry Jersey , Tomlin was asked about what happened on the play, and an explanation which might have followed by the league office.He suggested he had no idea why the play was upheld, and not overturned.To add onto this, Tomlin spoke about how the league office made it a point to say a Myles Garrett roughing the passer call should not have occurred, but hasn’t said a word regarding what looked to be a botched call.Calls are missed every game, but the purpose of replay is to correct mistakes like that one. To make sure the call is correct.Needless to say, if the Steelers would have been granted the football, there is a strong chance they are 1-0, and not 0-0-1 http://www.steelerscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-stephon-tuitt-jersey , heading into Week 2. The Browns didn’t score on their next drive, but it was after this call when the Browns clawed their way back into the game via back-to-back turnovers by the Steelers.An unfortunate turn of events, but also befuddling how the league hasn’t mentioned it since the game ended on Sunday.Steelers Film Room: James Conner proves he was never the problem James Conner didn't do much on the ground in Weeks 2 through 4, and he was being blamed for the majority of it. Really? People thought Conner was the issue? He wasn't the issue -- one of the issues was play-calling. The Steelers ran far too many plays to the inside which didn't always suit Conner’s strengths, and now that they're getting him outside in space, he can use his balance and burst to do much more than just running between the tackles every play. The other issue was simply offensive-line play. Marcus Gilbert and David DeCastro each missing games was no help to Conner at all. The Steelers overall have been among the league’s lower half of run-blocking teams according to PFF, and it's clear to see. Conner was hit behind the line too many times over the past three weeks.Finally, with a fully healthy line for the first time since Week 1, James Conner found more success than he has at anytime this season Vince Williams Jersey , and you can tell he's a starting-caliber running back. This guy is 100% a starter. He has all the aspects you want in a RB. First, vision and burst, Exhibit A:Beautiful tuck inside by Conner on this play as he reads that hole opening up at the last second. If he doesn’t read that, it's a decent gain but nowhere near the run he gets. I love how once he gets to the second level you see that next-level burst from him. He absolutely can be a big- play threat, and that shows differentiation from Le’Veon Bell as a whole. Not everyone is born with vision, but Conner has it and it's only improved as the season has gone on. But where Conner has really improved is in the receiving game. He has 22 catches for 239 yards receiving. Compare that to last year when he could barely catch, but now he's motioning out wide and catching passes for first downs. His evolution from just a pure runner to a lean, receiving back has been a fun transition to watch as this season has progressed.The Steelers love to run plays like this with Le’Veon Bell out of the slot. It's a simple bunch-set with an inside trailing route as the two receivers on the right side are “screening” for Conner to take this quick catch and get the first down. The best part, aside from the easy catch Conner makes away from his body Ramon Foster Jersey , is the extra yards he fights for at the end of the play. A high level of effort plus a high level of talent will get you places. But that's not even the best part of Conner’s game. By far, it's his balance through contact. The balance he shows is at an elite level, no matter how you slice it. He has some incredible strength and power to go with that strong center of gravity. It's not always easy to find players with balance like this. They ran this pitch-play with much success on Sunday. I don't necessarily like the play, but it gets Conner in space and allows him to take advantage of his incredible balance and burst. You can see it all on display on this particular play, and he just keeps powering through. Conner was truly impressive vs. the Falcons in Week 5. But there was a play combining all of his talents into one, and it was an absolute beauty to watch. This one might make top-5 RB plays of the year folks.Hello James Conner. He runs straight over people, cuts it up to get the best lane to the first down and then powers through others to get even more yardage. Backup RBs simply don't do things like this. I'm not saying James Conner will be a star, but he's absolutely a starting RB, and certainly isn't the problem with the Steelers’ running game.Part of it was how the Steelers fell down early in most of the games when Conner was ineffective but Cheap Cameron Heyward Jersey , in reality, Conner always grinded out as many yards as he could. He's never been, and never will be, the problem. This guy is not only a great story, but a great football player too. Custom Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys
Chủ đề: The Pittsburgh Steelers will wear a   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 26/02/2019 lúc 02:05:36(UTC)
new throwback jersey for the first time this Sunday when the take on the Cleveland Browns in Week 8. As part of their celebrations for the 40th Anniversary of Super Bowl XIII this year and the 40th Anniversary of Super Bowl XIV in 2019 Cheap Maurkice Pouncey Jersey , the Steelers will wear the shirt those teams wore to honor them. Featuring block letters and numbers and without the team logo on the left-hand side, it is the look many will remember Pittsburgh wearing until it changed in 1997.Already popular with fans, it seems the players are equally enamored with the retro look and the historical significance of the uniform is not lost on the current generation of Steelers either. As Cameron Heyward told Teresa Varley of Steelers.com.T.J. Watt was similarly honored to be wearing a jersey made famous by the iconic names that came before him.With Ramon Foster already planning to add his jersey to his collection once the game is over, it can only be hoped the team will be suitably inspired for their game against the Browns.Considering the throwback uniforms the team has tried in previous year, it would be fair to say this latest incarnation is a vast improvement over the “bumblebee” jerseys we saw from 2012 to 2016 http://www.steelerscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-xavier-grimble-jersey , or the one they wore for the NFL 75th anniversary in 1994. Stephon Tuitt is just one of many on the current roster who like the retrospective styling and the connection to the great teams of the 1970’s.If this new jersey can somehow help the defense play like the Steel Curtain of the 70’s, fans may well petition the team to have the players wear them all the time. The Steelers had plenty of pass-defense woes last season. In the 2018 offseason safety seemed to be the chief concern. That is no longer the scenario. With Artie Burns having a woeful 2018 and Coty Sensabaugh’s contract expiring, a corner, or multiple corners, in the draft or free agency is paramount. Mike Hilton is an ERFA (Extended Rights Free Agent) and I’d be shocked to see him depart. BTSC continues to look into the 2019 free agent class with a closer review of available corners. Ronald Darby - Philadelphia EaglesSome pundits don’t consider Darby an elite corner Cheap JuJu Smith-Schuster Jersey , however he’s 25 and (far-and-away) the top CB1 option in free agency. Even though a tear of his ACL shut Darby down in November, the FSU standout should still contribute in 2019. In his career, Darby has six picks and would be a welcome sight in Pittsburgh.Bryce Callahan -Chicago BearsCallahan had two interceptions last season and is thought of as one of the finest slot corners in the league. Like Darby, Callahan was lost to injury in late 2018...but still had a nice season. With an equally fine slot like Mike Hilton looking for a new deal, Callahan won’t be on the radar in Pittsburgh.Steven Nelson - Kansas City ChiefsThe Chiefs pass defense was rough last year Youth Bud Dupree Jersey , but Nelson rose up as their best outside corner. I realize that best KC DB could be the equivalent of book-smartest Kardashian, but the 25-year old had four interceptions and 15 pass defenses last year and is finally becoming a truly valuable defender.Kareem Jackson- Houston TexansAt 31, Jackson might not have too many years as a top cover corner left. However, the nine-year veteran had two of his 16 career picks and 17 of his 88 pass defenses last season. Pairing Jackson with another veteran might not be great for thelong run, but it could payoff short-term.Pierre Desir - Indianapolis ColtsThe former Brown and Charger slogged through four NFL seasons with no interceptions and eight pass defenses. Desir added 2 picks and 15 pass defenses to his resum茅 in a brilliant 2018 for the resurgent Colts. The 28-year old might have to prove that he isn’t a one-hit wonder Womens T. J. Watt Jersey , but still could be a decent option for the Steelers.Other Notable Free Agent Cornerbacks:Jason Verrett - Los Angeles ChargersJason McCourty - New England PatriotsBradley Roby - Denver BroncosMorris Claiborne- New York Jets Darqueze Dennard - Cincinnati BengalsRashaan Melvin - Raiders Custom New York Giants Jerseys