logo

Thông báo

Icon
Error

Lý lịch: elaine95
Tên sử dụng: elaine95 Offline
Gia nhập: 28-07-2018(UTC)
Lần cuối đăng nhập: 22/08/2019 lúc 03:36:07(UTC)
Số bài viết: 339
[0.20% trên tổng số bài viết / 0.86 bài trên ngày]
Số lần cảm ơn 0 (View Thanks)
Số lần được cảm ơn 0
Số bài viết được cảm ơn 0
Numer of Reputation received from other users 0
Xem tất cả các bài của thành viên này
Chủ đề: e running back from Penn State whom the Giants drafted second overall.Barkley is   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 22/08/2019 lúc 03:36:07(UTC)
KEY BISCAYNE Dawson Knox Jersey , Fla. (AP) — NFL owners gave the competition committee the go-ahead Wednesday to decide whether to refine the new rule allowing replay challenges involving pass interference.The proposed tweak would take the decision on whether to review in the final two minutes of each half out of the hands of the officials. Reviews in the final two minutes would instead require a coach’s challenge.Owners voted to hold the NFL draft in Cleveland in 2021, the 75th anniversary of the Browns, and in Kansas City in 2023. The league said it delayed choosing a site for 2022 because about 20 cities are interested in hosting that year.Regarding pass interference, the league fears too many stoppages of play in the closing minutes if those reviews are left up to the officials. A decision on whether to require a coach’s challenge in the final two minutes will come after the competition committee consults with coaches next month.Owners voted in March to allow pass interference calls or non-calls to be challenged by coaches and reviewed via replay as a one-year experiment. Under the rule adopted then, in the final two minutes only officials in the booth can stop the game for reviews involving pass interference, as is the case with other reviewable plays.The competition committee may also exempt Hail Mary passes so they’re not reviewable. That change would require coming up with a formal definition of a Hail Mary.“We really don’t want our games to end on a review,” said Atlanta Falcons president and CEO Rich McKay, a member of the committee.A proposed rule change requiring each team to have one possession in overtime was tabled for lack of support. The change was pushed by the Chiefs, who lost last season’s AFC championship game without getting the ball in overtime because the Patriots won the toss, received the kickoff and scored a touchdown.There’s some support among owners to change the overtime rule in the postseason only, football operations chief Troy Vincent said. The league is expected to revisit the subject next year.The 2021 draft is the latest major sports event landed by Cleveland.“It’s a big, big deal for our area, one of the founding areas of the NFL,” Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said.Cleveland will also host this year’s MLB All-Star Game, the 2022 NBA All-Star Game and the 2024 NCAA Women’s Final Four.Las Vegas hosts next year’s NFL draft.On other issues:—Owners voted to eliminate the so-called Oklahoma drill and similar drills that involve especially violent one-on-one contact and have historically been popular early in training camp. A study found one of every five concussions during an NFL season occurs in the first two weeks of camp.“We saw a certain area at the beginning of training camp where we felt could make greater improvement,” Commissioner Roger Goodell said, “and I think removing some of these drills across all 32 teams is the right way to do that. We also believe by prohibiting some of these drills, that will happen at the college and high school and youth football levels, which we believe should happen.”The ban follows an examination of data and practice video with coaches, general managers and former players.“I think some of the coaches were a little defensive at the start, and probably the biggest advocates at the end Brian Burns Jersey ,” McKay said.—Marijuana for pain management will be studied by a new committee of medical experts appointed by the league and players union as part of an effort to address player health. Marijuana is banned by the league.“There are a lot of alternative pain medications and treatments,” Goodell said. “Those are the types of things we want this committee to focus on. One of those is what role medical marijuana can have.”—Goodell said the NFL will wait to decide the status of suspended Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill, who is the subject of a domestic violence investigation. “We will not interfere with that,” Goodell said. “We will obviously be cooperative with whatever the court wants. We are prepared to have an interview whenever we have the permission to do so, and then we’ll make a determination.”—League officials also announced that the NFL’s annual scouting combine will continue to be held in Indianapolis, though it will be moving many of the workout drills to the afternoon and prime time in hopes of expanding the television audience. Those drills have traditionally been held in the morning and afternoon.Colts owner Jim Irsay wrote on Twitter that after 2021, there will be a series of one-year options to keep the combine in Indy.—Sunday divisional playoff games will now start at 3 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. EST to match the starting times for the conference title games the next Sunday. The idea is to increase ratings.— Assistant and positional coaches in the NFL and college have been invited to attend a coaching summit June 24-25 in Atlanta as part of an effort to strengthen the coaching and personnel development pipeline.—The league said more than 800 youth football summer camps and activities will be hosted this year by current players, former players, coaches and teams. ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — No, Phillip Lindsay never once thought he’d become the first undrafted offensive player to make the Pro Bowl. He’s been too busy making tacklers miss and general managers regret passing him over in the NFL draft just because he stands 5-foot-8.“I’m an undrafted free agent. To be able to have 100 yards in a game was great. To get a touchdown, to be able to play at (Mile High Stadium), that’s the stuff right there that I dreamt about,” the Denver Broncos‘ rookie running back said Wednesday. “The Pro Bowl is something that you think like five years down the line, three years down the line.”After waiting seven rounds and never hearing his name called or his phone buzz on draft weekend, Lindsay signed with his hometown Broncos and when he survived cuts after training camp, he sought Hall of Famer Terrell Davis’ blessing to wear his old No. 30 jersey .Yet, Lindsay said he’s been so focused on his next opponent that he didn’t even ponder the possibility of making the Pro Bowl when a couple of Cleveland Browns players told him after their game Saturday night that “our whole linebacker room voted for you for the Pro Bowl.”Excluding special teams players, the only other undrafted rookie to make the Pro Bowl was Dallas Cowboys defensive back Everson Walls in 1981.“That tells you what he’s done,” coach Vance Joseph said. “His first day with us, he was the sixth halfback on the depth chart. The sixth! Obviously Greg Little Jersey , being a rookie free agent. Didn’t go to the combine. Wasn’t drafted. … He came in here just trying to make our football team.”Lindsay started out as a special teams stud and didn’t even start in the backfield until midway through the season.“Now, he’s in the Pro Bowl, so that speaks to his work ethic, his heart and his talent,” Joseph said. “So, it’s amazing what he’s accomplished in such a short time.”Although Lindsay said, “Nobody knew about me when I got here, other than I was little,” teammate Bradley Roby said the veterans sure took notice of him right away.“Very impressive. I know this, when he first got here, OTAs, you kind of feel the rookies out, see how they move. And I always felt that his movement was good,” Roby said. “I was like, ‘This guy’s fast, he’s quick, accelerates.’ I was thinking like if he can run with the pads on, he’s going to be nice.“And he’s done nothing but prove that he’s worth. He should have been drafted, obviously. He’s a gem.”The wild-haired rookie cracked up his teammates during team introductions by saying, “I’m Phillip Lindsay, I’m from Colorado. And I went to Colorado.”Short and sweet.Just like his stride.The first player from the Broncos Futures Football middle school program to sign an NFL contract Will Grier Jersey , Lindsay grew up in Aurora not far from the Broncos headquarters, and starred at Denver South High School and the University of Colorado, where his wild hair and relentless rushing style earned him the nickname “Tasmanian Devil.”Lindsay, who is nine rushing yards shy of 1,000 and whose 5.5-yard average is second in the league, said he’s eager to go to the Pro Bowl with teammate Von Miller, the game’s reigning MVP, and he’s also eager to finally meet Saquon Barkley, the running back from Penn State whom the Giants drafted second overall.Barkley is the only rookie running back who has more yards (1,155) than he does (991), although both have nine touchdown runs.“It’s going to be fun to be able to finally talk to Saquon,” Lindsay said. “We always heard about each other, but we never got to see each other. So, it will be cool to hang out with each other.”Lindsay had hoped to meet Barkley at the NFL combine last spring but he never received an invitation to the league’s annual gathering of top draft hopefuls, a snub that’s driven him all season along with going undrafted two months later.Lindsay said he hopes his remarkable rise will inspire kids everywhere who are overlooked underdogs.“You’ve got to keep pushing, you just never know. You’ve got to keep the faith no matter what,” Lindsay said. “Everybody can take anything from you, but they can’t take your faith. That’s what you’ve got to rely on. You’ve got to go for your dreams.”
Chủ đề: far apart” in negotiations for a new contract and that no   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 22/08/2019 lúc 03:24:55(UTC)
Already on his second NFL team Renell Wren Jersey , Dolphins quarterback Josh Rosen also is on his fourth NFL offensive coordinator.Yes, his fourth.The progression has gone from Mike McCoy to Byron Leftwich to Tom Clements in Arizona, and now to Chad O’Shea in Miami.“It encourages some mental gymnastics and the more you train it and the more you work it, I think the better you get at it,” Rosen said http://www.bengalsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-michael-jordan-jersey , via Hal Habib of the .The Miami offense under O’Shea, the former Patriots receivers coach, becomes the latest that Rosen has to learn.“I’m trying to break down this playbook as quickly as I can,” Rosen said.Rosen also will be working with Jim Caldwell, the assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach and Jerry Schuplinski Greedy Williams Jersey , the assistant quarterbacks coach. And also Hall of Famer Dan Marino, a Dolphins executive who has a hand in the quarterback situation with the team for which he starred.“We’ve got a lot of great minds in there from a lot of different backgrounds,” Rosen said. “I think we’ve got a really good room. Hopefully it’s going to be an indicator of a lot of success.”Rosen will need to have a lot of success, or the Dolphins could do next year what the Cardinals did this year, drafting a quarterback who supplants Rosen http://www.brownsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-sione-takitaki-jersey , and who potentially triggers another trade of a guy who would then be on offensive coordinator No. 5. A report on Tuesday indicated that the Saints and wide receiver Michael Thomas are “progressing” toward a new contract, but word on Wednesday is that there’s still a way to go.Jeff Duncan of NOLA.com reports that the two sides are “far apart” in negotiations for a new contract and that no deal is imminent at the moment. Duncan adds that both Thomas and the Saints are “motivated” to get a deal done before training camp opens next month, so there figure to be more conversations focused on getting the ball moving.Thomas is looking for a new deal at the same time as Julio Jones, A.J. Green and Amari Cooper. One member of that group of star wideouts landing a deal may help smooth the way for the others, but no one has taken the plunge yet and we’ll have to wait to see which one will leap first.Thomas has more catches through three seasons than any other wideout in NFL history and said recently that he feels “pretty certain” all will be taken care of in a timely manner.
Chủ đề: Colts dealt with in Jacksonv   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 22/08/2019 lúc 03:15:50(UTC)
As the Chargers try to get the most out of quarterback Philip Rivers when it counts Devin Bush Jersey , they’ll be getting less out of him when it doesn’t.L.A.’s other team plans to go easy on the 37-year-old Rivers in training camp and the preseason. Even if Rivers isn’t a big fan of the concept.“As a competitor, as someone who enjoys practice, it’s always hard,” Rivers said regarding the plan, via NFL.com. “You almost need them to protect you from yourself. It can be positive. You have to find that right recipe so that you are ready and prepared to go have a great season, but also to be fresh and be smart.”It worked last year for the Chargers, who won 12 games — and in Rivers’ opinion could have won 16 (or six).“I think he wants to do everything,” offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt said. “But last year we did a good bit of [limiting him] during training camp and we’ll probably do the same this year. He started off the season hot last year and a lot of that was part of the plan.”The overriding plan is to keep Rivers healthy for as long as possible.“When you talk about reps, he’s always been one of the hardest working guys on the team,” coach Anthony Lynn said. “When he’s out there http://www.steelersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-diontae-johnson-jersey , he works hard. That’s what makes him one of the best — his preparation. He’s going to prepare the same, but we just want to take some of the physical toll off of him.”As Rivers gets older, it makes sense to keep him fresh. He’s in that phase of his career where he has seen it all; the challenge is to retain the physical ability to take advantage of the things he sees. INDIANAPOLIS — Andrew Luck accepted the blame for Sunday’s shutout. By Monday, he and the Indianapolis Colts were already talking about Houston.It’s the same routine coach Frank Reich follows each week — make quick corrections, carefully game plan for the next opponent and don’t overthink what went wrong.Naturally, one subpar game won’t get Reich to change his strategy, even with playoff aspirations at stake.“Offensively, we just didn’t execute at the level and that ultimately falls on me,” Reich said during his weekly conference call. “It’s my job to put the players in the best position, and we didn’t get that done yesterday. It hurts Justin Layne Jersey , but hey, we are shifting, we are moving gears to Houston.”There were plenty of mistakes to correct Monday.After throwing at least three touchdown passes in eight straight games, Luck couldn’t get the Colts (6-6) into the end zone even once at Jacksonville. His timing and improved accuracy were off, leading to the first shutout of Luck’s pro career.Indy’s ground game wasn’t effective, either, and what had been an effective offensive line during the previous six games allowed three sacks and many more pressures Sunday without its starting center. Ryan Kelly missed his second straight game with an injured left knee.Reich did some self-critiquing, too.Three times with Indy in position to kick field goals, he went for it on fourth down. All three plays came up short.“They outcoached me on that. They played a coverage they had not played in that situation. It was the answer in case they did that, and we were just a little off in our execution http://www.steelersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-benny-snell-jr.-jersey ,” Reich said, referring to a play on fourth-and-goal.“The second (fourth-down) call, the reverse to (Eric) Ebron, it was a high risk-reward. I had envisioned that play into breaking out — not just a first down but possibly a 20- or 30-yard gain. We had a half yard to go. That would be the one that I would question myself the most on. Just run it up the middle. We had half a yard, run a quarterback sneak or just run a dive play up the middle and get the half yard. I took the risk for the big play, and I was wrong.”Those failures were compounded by a lack of potent plays, something that became a staple during the Colts’ five-game winning streak.But for everyone inside the locker room, it was a stark reminder of just how quickly results change in the NFL.Over those previous five games, which included two against top-six scoring defenses, Indy averaged 34.6 points. Luck played at a high level and running back Marlon Mack’s return from a hamstring injury helped keep the offense balanced.That wasn’t the case Sunday.“I didn’t hold up my end of the bargain Zach Gentry Jersey ,” Luck said following the loss. “(We’ve) got to improve. It’s disappointing. I am disappointed at myself, but we’ll get back to it and we’ll improve.”Defensively, the Colts pressured quarterbacks, slowed down runners and held fast.This week, they face a similar scenario against the league’s hottest team. The Texans have won nine straight since starting 0-3.Houston’s defense is every bit as stingy and resourceful as what the Colts dealt with in Jacksonville. And yet Indy needs Luck and Co. to trade punches against a more proficient offense by fixing its flaws.But Reich refuses to let his team make the mistake of spending too much time breaking down Sunday’s miscues at the expense of trying to rebound this week and reassert itself in the AFC’s tight chase for the sixth and final playoff berth.“What matters tomorrow is get better tomorrow,” Reich said. “Get better every day and then get ready to play the Houston Texans on Sunday.”NOTES: Reich noted only two injuries from the game — safety Mike Mitchell (calf) and center Evan Boehm (neck). Boehm returned from his injury and Reich expects him to be available against the Texans. He did not give a prognosis on Mitchell.100<button class="view-gallery">View Gallery</button> Gallery:View from the sidelines: NFL cheerleaders 2018Raj Mehta-USA TODAY Sports | Raj Mehta
Chủ đề: shoulders,” Bortles said. “I know that and signed up for that and have no problem with it, whether i   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 22/08/2019 lúc 03:07:16(UTC)
EAST RUTHERFORD Cullen Gillaspia Jersey , N.J. (AP) — After two days of rookie minicamp, it’s easy to see why the New York Giants drafted Daniel Jones of Duke with the No. 6 pick.He reminds them of someone they know: Eli Manning.Jones can throw all the passes. His focus is football. And when he talks about life in the NFL, he sounds like a coach.Jones may be bland, but that’s the way the Giants like their players these days. Team first, everything else second.Rock the boat and the Giants’ patience will run out — as it did with Odell Beckham Jr.In the minicamp that ends Sunday, Jones’ throws were crisp. If there was any drawback, some tosses had a little too much heat on them.He showed he could handle the media. He said nothing controversial and didn’t bother to see what anyone had written or said about him.“I got up, got over here and opened up the second install,” he said. “That’s what I needed to do.”Coming to the camp, the Giants gave Jones a portion of their playbook so they could run plays with the 76 players in attendance.“It has been manageable, but it’s all new stuff for everyone,” Jones said. “I think it was a good amount of stuff. It’s going to be a challenge just to learn the verbiage and the way everything is called, the way everything is structured in the offense. I thought it was a good amount for the first day and we kind of got an equal amount the second.”Jones will be given a bigger package to take home to North Carolina. The rookies and free agents are due back a week from Monday, when they will start working with the veterans.“I’m going to try to learn as much as I possibly can,” said Jones, who also plans to throw during the week off. “It’s tough without being on the field necessarily in 11-on-11 football, but if he expects me to do it Tytus Howard Jersey , I will make sure I do my best to do it.”Coach Pat Shurmur has been pleased with what he has seen, although the 21-year-old is going to have to make adjustments.While the fundamentals are relatively the same, New York has its quarterbacks under center much more than Duke did. The Giants also have different drop backs that will cause Jones to adjust some of his footwork, the coach said.Jones brings a new element to the position — his ability to move in the pocket. The 38-year-old Manning has rarely scrambled since taking over as the Giants quarterback in 2004.“I really believe you have to be able to move,” Shurmur said. “There has to be mobility. Whether you are moving around in the pocket, scrambling, you have to be able to move. He can do that. Then, arm strength. If you don’t have the first few, arm strength means nothing, in my mind. He has arm strength as well. I think you saw that as well.”Since the draft, Shurmur said Manning has had no response to the Giants taking an heir apparent.“I have never been around a person that can stay in the moment better than Eli,” Shurmur said. “That is something that is really unique about him. He is staying in the moment and training to have a terrific season. He looks really good out here throwing, moving and doing all the things necessary.”NOTES: S Jacob Thieneman and LB Nate Harvey sustained knee injuries that may require surgery, Shurmur said. He said they were hurt in non-contact drills. … Jones was intercepted in Saturday afternoon’s practice by free agent cornerback McKinley Whitfield of Tulsa. The pass was initially tipped by cornerback DeAndre Baker, the Giants’ third pick in the first round. JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The Jacksonville Jaguars built their offense around a player who played less than 30 percent of the snaps this season.Running back Leonard Fournette was injured, suspended and on the bench in crunch time. He was fined Rock Ya-Sin Jersey , criticized and admittedly not in ideal shape late in the year.Fournette was more of a problem than a pro.And now the Jaguars (5-11) have to decide what to do with the fourth overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft. It’s one of the main questions Jacksonville faces as it heads into an offseason that will be focused on revamping an offense that ranked 31st in the league in scoring.Coach Doug Marrone confirmed Monday that the team has voided the remaining guarantees in Fournette’s four-year rookie contract worth $27.1 million. The team made the move following Fournette’s weeklong suspension in late November. Fournette still could challenge the decision, which could cost him up to $7.1 million.At the very least, Fournette is now at risk of being cut or traded. No one would be surprised to see either happen after Sunday’s season finale at Houston.Fournette and fellow running back T.J. Yeldon spent most of the 20-3 loss on the bench and disengaged from coaches and teammates. Fournette was inactive because of foot and ankle injuries; Yeldon was active but did not play.“It’s disappointing what occurred the other day,” Marrone said Monday. “We have taken care of it from a disciplinary standpoint, but like what I’ve always told you, those things remain between the club and the player.”Personnel chief Tom Coughlin ripped both players for being “disrespectful” and “selfish.”“Their behavior was unbecoming of a professional football player,” Coughlin said in a statement.Fournette has missed 11 games in two seasons because of injuries and suspensions. The former LSU star ran for 439 yards and five touchdowns in eight games this season after running for 1,040 yards and nine touchdowns as a rookie.But he also was suspended one game in 2017 for leaving early during the bye week and suspended a week without pay for leaving the bench, running across the field and instigating a fight with Buffalo defensive end Shaq Lawson on Nov. 25. Fournette lost nearly $100,000 in salary during the weeklong suspension. It could cost him considerably more if the Jaguars decided to cut him with no guaranteed money remaining.“I definitely pride myself on trying to help some of the younger guys develop,” veteran defensive end Calais Campbell said. “I do believe that he’s a good person at heart and wants to be a good player. This is a unique situation, but I believe that he’s going to continue to mature and hopefully be who we need him to be.”Jaguars owner Shad Khan opted to keep Coughlin, Marrone and general manager Dave Caldwell intact for 2019 , giving them a chance to fix the team’s problems. Jacksonville finished last in the AFC South after making the conference championship game last January, a freefall that could be blamed mostly on offensive injuries and ineptitude.Offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett was fired in November, creating one opening Marrone still has to fill. Quarterback Blake Bortles, who regressed in his fifth season and was benched http://www.coltsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-ben-banogu-jersey , expects to be released before March.“When things don’t go well, a lot of it falls on the quarterback’s shoulders,” Bortles said. “I know that and signed up for that and have no problem with it, whether it’s a scapegoat or whatever you want to call it, somebody’s got to take the blame when things don’t go well. I think Nathaniel was one of those guys. I think I’m one of those guys. And I think other guys on this team were part of that as well.”Right tackle Jermey Parnell, tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins and running back Carlos Hyde could join Bortles in the free-agent market. Yeldon, receiver Donte Moncrief, right guard A.J. Cann and running back Corey Grant are soon-to-be free agents. So are eight reserve offensive linemen.So numerous changes are coming for Jacksonville’s offense.And now Fournette’s future looks as wobbly as one of Bortles’ passes.“Availability, coachability and scheme,” Marrone said when asked about the offensive makeover ahead. “When I talk about that, we have to do a better job with the players we have available. We have to do a better job if those players don’t become available, what we’re going to do next. I think that’s an important thing when we look at it, and I think that was a mistake that I made this year.”
Chủ đề: He then injured his shoulder lifting weights   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 22/08/2019 lúc 02:54:48(UTC)
One of the hardest things for teams to do in the NFL is find a franchise quarterback. Having stability at that position can dramatically affect any team's ability to win games. Since the NFL has become more of a pass first league during the past couple of decades Bobby Okereke Jersey , having a solid passing attack is now more important than ever. Looking back through the worst teams in the NFL the past few decades, it is easy to notice that they have generally have horrible quarterbacks. That is why the Cleveland Browns find themselves on the list more than any other team: they have not had a solid starter at quarterback since 2000.Receivers on the other hand make less of an impact on the teams overall win total. Even the most talented receivers can have a bad season with mediocre quarterbacks throwing them the ball. Some of the receivers that made the list are hall of fame caliber players and they only make the list because they played with the worst quarterback in the league that year. It goes to show that no matter how open a player gets it ultimately depends on the quarterback to get them the ball. This also illustrates just how much football is a team game, with every player needing to contribute at a high level to succeed.With that said, let's take a look at the worst QB/WR duos since the year 2000. OWINGS MILLS Khari Willis Jersey , Md. (AP) — Ravens coach John Harbaugh is reaping some health benefits with the return of Pro Bowl guard Marshal Yanda.“Seeing him out there doing individual drills was good for my blood pressure,” Harbaugh said.Yanda participated in individual drills during the team’s two-day, joint practices with the Los Angeles Rams. Yanda won’t play in the Ravens-Ravens preseason game Thursday night, saying it will likely take three weeks to get into game shape. He could be held out of the three preseason games as a precaution Josh Allen Jersey , but said he plans to be ready for Baltimore’s opener against the Buffalo Bills on Sept. 9.When he does return, the Ravens will rely heavily on Yanda to anchor the offensive line after he missed the final 14 games last season with a fractured ankle. He also sat out the early part of training camp following shoulder surgery.“It’s exciting being back out there,” Yanda said Wednesday shortly after the teams concluded their final practice. “I definitely missed it last year. I’m just taking it one day at a time. But I am feeling great and am definitely on schedule.”One of the goals for the Ravens this offseason has been to solidify the offensive line. Quarterback Joe Flacco needs more time in pocket to be effective and he should benefit with Yanda back in the starting lineup, according to Harbaugh. Flacco was sacked 27 times last season and the Ravens had the 29th-ranked passing attack in the league.James Hurst had been filling in at right guard while Yanda has been sidelined.“Marshal makes a big difference in our offensive line Jawaan Taylor Jersey ,” Harbaugh said. “What’s the exponential number? What’s the percentage better? A lot. . I’m happy to see it, and I just want to keep seeing him get better.”While Yanda has been durable throughout his career, he knew the ankle injury against Cleveland in Week 2 was going to have a long-term impact. He then injured his shoulder lifting weights in the offseason.“It was tough last year because I couldn’t fight through that one,” said Yanda Josh Oliver Jersey , who is entering his 12th NFL season. “It was kind of a bang-bang injury and I was done for the year. Injuries are part of football. I’m excited to get back this year and I’m ready to roll.”Yanda, 33, has played in 146 games, including 135 starts Deandre Baker Jersey , which ranks as the second-most games played among offensive linemen in Ravens history behind Hall-of-Famer Jonathan Ogden (177). Yanda was named the league’s top offensive lineman in the league in 2016 by Pro Football Focus when he didn’t allow a sack or quarterback hit that entire season.Despite the recent spate of injuries, Yanda is confident he can still make a big impact with the team.“I definitely have a lot left in the tank and that fire is still there and burns,” Yanda said. “I want to get back out there and play. That desire to play definitely kept me rolling. I am definitely excited to play this fall.”
Chủ đề: which he was seen on video punchin   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 13/08/2019 lúc 02:27:26(UTC)
FLOWERY BRANCH Zach Brown Jersey , Ga. (AP) — The Atlanta Falcons will be searching for the final piece of the offensive line charged with protecting Matt Ryan when they open their preseason schedule at the New York Jets.Right guard is the only position on the line without a set starter, and that will be a key competition coach Dan Quinn will be watching closely in Friday night’s game.Decisions also have to be made at fullback and defensive end.Protecting Ryan, the 2016 NFL MVP with a new five-year contract extension that could be worth as much as $150 million, makes finding the best starting right guard a priority.Wes Schweitzer was listed ahead of Brandon Fusco, perhaps Atlanta’s top free-agent acquisition this offseason, at right guard on the team’s first depth chart released this week. The two have rotated with the first-team offense during training camp.Schweitzer’s expected start against the Jets may be based on his 16 starts with Atlanta last season.Fusco started all 16 games for San Francisco last season.“I just want to build continuity with everyone, get comfortable with everyone and with this offense,” Fusco said following Wednesday’s practice.“I miss the game-day feeling and will be excited when I’m out there. Hopefully it’s enough to prove to them I can be the starter of this team at right guard and help this team win.”Schweitzer said this has been “the best camp I’ve ever had, definitely the best offensive camp I’ve ever been a part of. I feel we’re really clicking right now and really pushing for it. It’s just been a really good camp.”Ricky Ortiz is expected to start ahead of Luke McNitt at fullback. The remaining competitions on offense are for backup roles, including a third running back behind Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman. Candidates include rookie Ito Smith and Terrence Magee.Coach Dan Quinn also is looking at tight ends competing behind projected starter Austin Hooper. Eric Saubert, a fifth-round pick in 2017 who had no catches as a rookie, has impressed the coach in camp.“He’s somebody who certainly has our attention at tight end,” Quinn said Wednesday.“He’s really turning into the pass-catching tight end that I’d hoped we would see. … He’s long, he’s fast and I now see the athlete.”Quinn said Saubert (6-5, 253) is more confident in his second season. He said Saubert pressed as a rookie and “wasn’t allowing himself to be the athlete that he is.”The Falcons did not re-sign tight end Levine Toilolo Devin Bush Jersey , who is now with Detroit. Veteran Logan Paulsen is best known for his blocking skills. That leaves an opening for Saubert to emerge as another target for quarterback Matt Ryan.Saubert must do more than show his skills as a receiver. All players competing for backup spots, including at running back and tight end, must prove they can contribute on special teams.Second-year defensive end Takkarist McKinley , trying to earn a starting role, is expected to play after being limited for about a week with a bruised right shoulder. McKinley returned for full participation on Tuesday and Wednesday.“He was good,” Quinn said. “What I was looking for, like with any guy, was there any hesitancy? He had none. So he responded the right way and was chomping at the bit to get back.”NOTES: LG Andy Levitre and his wife, Katie, who carried pink and blue balloons, had a unique baby gender reveal following practice. With players standing around the couple, Levitre held a sign that said “A Gatorade shower will let us see.” Other offensive linemen poured two coolers filled with the blue sports drink over Levitre’s head — so he and his wife are expecting a boy. Players then cheered. … Quinn confirmed PK Matt Bryant (undisclosed injury) and OT Ty Sambrailo (right hand) will not play against the Jets. “We’ll get them back into the fold next week,” Quinn said. NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The Tennessee Titans will need to be patient with their first-round pick in the NFL draft. They used the rest of their selections on players who could fill holes and contribute right away.Although the Titans have had three straight winning seasons for the first time since relocating from Houston to Tennessee in 1997, they’re seeking to take the next step after missing the playoffs with a 9-7 record last year.“I think we’re a better football team today than we were when we started this thing off Thursday night http://www.steelerscheapauthenticstore.com/diontae-johnson-jersey-cheap ,” Titans general manager Jon Robinson said Saturday. “We got a bunch of guys who when I talked to them on the phone, they’re extremely appreciative for the opportunity and they’re hungry to get to Nashville and get to Nissan Stadium.”First-round pick Jeffery Simmons, the draft’s 19th overall selection, doesn’t know yet just when his opportunity to play might arrive.The Mississippi State defensive tackle tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in February while preparing for the draft. The Titans haven’t announced a timetable for his recovery.“I’m going to attack the rehab,” Simmons said. “Whenever that time comes for me to get on the field, to get out there and help the team win, I’m going to give it my all.”The Titans added players later in the draft who could make an immediate impact.An offense lacking playmakers should get a boost from second-round pick A.J. Brown of Mississippi. Third-round pick Nate Davis of Charlotte could challenge for a starting guard spot.The Titans traded up in the fourth round to take Iowa’s Amani Hooker, who can play both safety and nickel while adding depth to the secondary. Hooker spent many of his college practices guarding Iowa’s assembly line of NFL tight ends – a group that includes San Francisco’s George Kittle, Detroit Lions first-round pick T.J. Hockenson and Denver Broncos first-round selection Noah Fant.“They are getting a playmaker, a baller, a student of the game, a guy you don’t have to worry about off the field,” Hooker said. “I’m going to come into work every day, no complaining. It’s a business now, and I’m ready to take it on and win some championships and Super Bowls.”Outside linebacker D’Andre Walker may be counted on more than the typical fifth-round pick because pass-rushing help is one of the Titans’ greatest needs. Walker recorded 13 sacks for Georgia over the last two seasons.The identity of the Titans’ fifth-round selection was revealed on the Nashville stage by Tennessee State linebacker Christion Abercrombie Justin Layne Jersey , who grew up playing rec-league football with Walker in College Park, Georgia. Abercrombie underwent emergency surgery last fall after suffering a serious head injury in a game with Vanderbilt.“It was a blessing that he got to announce my name,” Walker said.Hooker, Walker and sixth-round pick David Long Jr. all could contribute on special teams as well. Long, a linebacker from West Virginia, was the Big 12’s defensive player of the year last season.WHO THEY GOTThe Titans took Simmons in the first round, Brown in the second round (51st), Davis in the third round (82nd), Hooker in the fourth round (116th), Walker in the fifth round (168th) and Long in the sixth round (188th).BIGGEST SURPRISEThe Titans’ first-round selection of Simmons was interesting not only because of his injury but also because of an arrest in his background. Simmons was arrested in 2016 following a fight in which he was seen on video punching a woman. He was found guilty of malicious mischief and pleaded no contest to a simple assault charge. The Titans decided Simmons’ arrest wasn’t enough to remove him from consideration.HOW THEY DIDDefensive tackle wasn’t necessarily a huge need for a team that already has perennial Pro Bowl selection Jurrell Casey. But the Titans didn’t want to pass up on Simmons, who likely would have gone much earlier if he hadn’t injured his knee. The Titans wanted to give quarterback Marcus Mariota more weapons, and Brown should help in that regard. Davis fills a void at guard following the offseason departures of Josh Kline and Quinton Spain.WHAT’S NEXT?The Titans still could use some pass-rushing help. They waited until the fifth round to draft an edge rusher after the offseason retirement of outside linebacker Brian Orakpo, though Walker could prove to be a bargain. Walker underwent sports hernia surgery earlier this year but says he’s feeling better. Tennessee did sign 37-year-old Cameron Wake away from the Miami Dolphins last month.
Chủ đề: (77) and yards receiving (1,055). Still, Roethl   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 13/08/2019 lúc 02:17:40(UTC)
DENVER (AP) — More than 330 of college football’s finest players are gathering in Indianapolis this week for the NFL’s annual combine Qadree Ollison Jersey , where they’ll be poked and prodded, timed and tested, quizzed and questioned.Not all the players who will get drafted in April are on the invite list.The combine simply can’t accommodate all worthy candidates, and some prospects will work their way into teams’ draft plans via their impressive pro day performances or private team workouts in the coming weeks.Emblematic of the inexact science of projecting which players will succeed in the pros is this: Super Bowl 53 featured 30 undrafted players on the rosters of the New England Patriots (16) and Los Angeles Rams (14).More than a third of the 300-plus players invited to the combine last year didn’t get drafted, whereas 38 players who weren’t at the combine did.Among them were P.J. Hall, a defensive tackle from Sam Houston State who was drafted by Oakland in the second round, and two players from Southern Miss: defensive back Tavarius Moore, a 49ers‘ third-rounder, and running back Ito Smith, a fourth-round selection by Atlanta.The biggest snub last year was Colorado running back Phillip Lindsay , the first undrafted offensive rookie ever selected to the Pro Bowl.Lindsay understandably has chips on both shoulders, one for going uninvited to the combine and the other for going undrafted altogether, and he figures one had plenty to do with the other.“Oh yeah, it’s disrespectful. But it fueled my fire and got me here to where I am today,” Lindsay said. “Maybe I wasn’t meant to go to the combine.”Miffed that John Elway had used a seventh-round selection on Arkansas running back David Williams, whose career numbers over four years with the Razorbacks didn’t even add up to Lindsay’s senior stats, the Colorado native nearly took the Baltimore Ravens‘ offer before calling back and accepting the Broncos‘ proposal.“But I’m going to win the starting job,” Lindsay added as he hung up on his new employer, vowing to beat out Williams, third-round pick Royce Freeman Ed Oliver Jersey , incumbent Devontae Booker, and anyone else they would bring in.At 5-foot-8, Lindsay was accustomed to the underdog role, so he was ready to put his immeasurable attributes such as desire and hustle up against anyone’s bench press, 40-yard dash or vertical jump.“It comes down to heart,” Lindsay said. “It comes down to you not sitting here and letting people tag you as something. They’re sitting here telling you this is who you are. How dare somebody tell you this is who you are? That’s why it’s funny when these commentators tell you he’s going this round or he’s not this, he’s not that.“We don’t sit here and critique how they talk on TV, and a lot of time what they’re talking about, it’s stupid.”Lindsay rushed for 1,037 yards and nine touchdowns as a rookie. Only a wrist injury denied him a shot at breaking Dominic Rhodes’ record of 1,104 yards for undrafted rookie running backs, set in 2001.Notable players who aren’t among the 338 invited to Indy this year include Nebraska running back Devine Ozigbo, Georgia State receiver Penny Hart, Utah State running back Darwin Thompson, Cincinnati defensive tackle Cortez Broughton, and North Carolina receiver Anthony Ratliff-Williams.Lindsay is pulling for every one of them to have a rookie season like he did. He’s proud to serve as an I-told-you-so example for all this year’s snubs.“For me, I would tell everybody that the combine’s cute. It’s something where you go and put some little pants on and let them weigh you and all that,” Lindsay said. “Don’t worry about it. If it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be. And that’s it.“There’s nothing necessary about the combine. The combine’s just something that somebody put together to … I don’t know. I wasn’t part of the combine, so I couldn’t tell you.” PITTSBURGH (AP) — Philip Rivers didn’t exactly spend a lot of time poring over the most accurate performance by a quarterback in NFL history.The longtime Chargers quarterback understands there’s no time.Not with the Chargers (8-3) scrambling to stay ahead in the middle of a tight AFC playoff race and a trip to AFC North-leading Pittsburgh (7-3-1) looming Cody Ford Jersey , one that could erase all doubts about whether Los Angeles is for real.“We’ve got a heck of a December ahead of us,” Rivers said.So Rivers gave his 28 for 29 day in an almost comically easy 45-10 over Arizona last Sunday a cursory look, lingering over his one mistake — a second-quarter fumble on a play he audibled to — far longer than any of his three touchdown passes or his record-tying 25 straight completions.The 15-year veteran is well aware miscues of any variety need to be avoided when Ben Roethlisberger is on the other sideline just waiting to pounce in a place that’s not exactly hospitable to teams in visiting white jerseys, particularly as the calendar hits December.The Steelers are an NFL-best 18-3 in December since 2013 and 8-0 in December prime-time games at Heinz Field since it opened in 2001.“It’s one of those old-school NFL atmospheres,” Rivers said. “Throw in fact it’s in December they are right there in the hunt in the AFC and you expect a heck of a game.”One the Steelers need just as badly as the Chargers. Pittsburgh had its six-game winning streak end last week in Denver, a 24-17 setback littered with the kind of sloppy mistakes the Steelers largely avoided while righting their season following a 1-2-1 start. Pittsburgh turned it over four times, three times in the red zone, the last one a Roethlisberger pick at the goal line on a pass intended for Antonio Brown.The loss cost the Steelers the inside track at the No. 2 seed in the AFC playoffs and set up the possibility that Los Angeles’ visit to Heinz Field could be the first of two such meetings.Not that Pittsburgh is getting caught up in “what ifs,” not with a December schedule that includes games against the Chargers, New England and New Orleans.“We’ve done it from all the different seeds,” Roethlisberger said. “So just getting in is the most important. Getting one of those first two byes is a big deal but there is still a handful of games left, so we have a lot of games in front of us we got to take care of first.”Roethlisberger and Rivers are seventh and eighth on the all-time list for career yards passing, throwing for a combined 108,196 yards — or 61.5 miles — since they came into the league in 2004. The two understand they are inextricably linked, though there’s one thing — two actually — that Roethlisberger has that Rivers does not: a Super Bowl ring.A victory on Sunday wouldn’t guarantee a shot at one, but it would stamp the Chargers as a team built to compete in January and perhaps beyond. Rivers isn’t consumed by the big picture, however. Focusing on the small one is tough enough.“I’m trying to get a first down on Sunday night to be honest with you,” he said.KEEP AN EYE ON:The Chargers receivers, who will need to pick up the slack with running Melvin Gordon’s injury. Gordon is week to week with a sprained MCL in his right knee.Mike Williams had two touchdown catches last week while Keenan Allan has a TD in three straight games. Williams was a deep threat early in the season, but showed off his athleticism in last week’s win over Arizona with two catches near the boundary line at the back of the end zone.OPTIONS APLENTY:The emergence of JuJu Smith-Schuster has taken some of the pressure off Steelers star wide receiver Antonio Brown. Smith-Schuster is taking advantage of defenses who focus extensively on Brown Devin Singletary Jersey , one of the reasons the 22-year-old ranks sixth in the league in receptions (77) and yards receiving (1,055). Still, Roethlisberger is quick to shoot down the notion Pittsburgh now has two No. 1 receivers. If anything, the number is far greater than that.“I’d put James Conner in there,” Roethlisberger said. “Vance McDonald, (Ryan Switzer, Ju, AB. So, I’d put a lot of them as number ones.”BOSA’S REALLY BACK:Los Angeles defensive end Joey Bosa missed the first nine games because of a bone bruise to his left foot, but made his presence felt in his second game back last week with two sacks. Roethlisberger has always been a difficult quarterback to take down, but Bosa’s speed could give him an advantage.BROTHERLY LOVE:The game features a pair of brothers squaring off. Steelers linebacker T.J. Watt could find himself in position to tackle older brother Derek, a fullback for the Chargers. Longtime Pittsburgh center Maurkice Pouncey will share the field with brother Mike, who plays the same position for Los Angeles. Asked if anyone would notice if he and his brother switched places at halftime, Maurkice Pouncey joked, “Yeah, I’d take those boys to the next level.”
Chủ đề: shouldn't define their career. I   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 13/08/2019 lúc 02:02:45(UTC)
No sooner did Jon Gray get into trouble in the first inning than he got out of it. It was a pattern he would emulate throughout the night.

Combining power pitching with sleight of hand Drew Lock Jersey , Gray struck out 12 in seven dominant innings, Nolan Arenado homered in Colorado’s six-run fourth, and the Rockies won their fourth in a row by beating the Miami Marlins 11-3 on Friday night.

After fanning the first batter he faced, Gray gave up a single to Brian Anderson and a double to J.T. Realmuto – but he came back to strand both.

”I think you saw in that first inning where two runners got on, Jon gets out of it with no problem,” Rockies catcher Tom Murphy said. ”That was huge for Jon. It kind of set the tone for him and made him realize nothing was going to stop him tonight.”

It was Gray’s 12th career 10-plus strikeout game and the fourth this season. He had at least two strikeouts in five of his innings http://www.cardinalscheapstore.com/zach-allen-jersey-cheap , including striking out the side in the sixth. Gray (7-7) walked none and withstood a solo homer in the third by Derek Dietrich, who drove a 2-0 pitch the opposite way into the left-field bleachers.

”We attacked early with fastballs,” Gray said. ”We threw strikes early in the count and kind of forced swings. I think that was key.”

Gray also mixed in a devastating slider to keep the Marlins’ hitters guessing, changing his grip on occasion to vary the ball’s movement.

”Obviously, we didn’t get a whole lot going,” Marlins manager Don Mattingly said. ”A couple of the guys swung the bat OK. I thought we really got away from what we wanted to do tonight. A lot of chases.”

Arenado had three hits Andy Isabella Jersey , including his team-leading 17th homer, a two-run drive. Murphy had two doubles among his three hits and two RBIs.

The Rockies have scored at least 10 runs in three of their four wins. Even Gray pitched in with a run-scoring sacrifice in the fourth in which he reached when a sliding Carlos Gonzalez beat the throw home from first baseman Justin Bour.

Wei-Yin Chen (2-4) matched Gray through three innings, but then ran into trouble in the fourth – some of it not of his own doing. Second baseman Starlin Castro bobbled the ball after getting a relay throw, allowing Ian Desmond to score from third with the first of the Rockies’ six runs in the inning. A wild pitch by Chen helped set up Noel Cuevas‘ score on D.J. LeMahieu’s sacrifice fly. Blackmon singled ahead of Arenado’s home run, which he sent deep into the left-field bleachers.

Chen allowed seven runs and nine hits in four innings.

Pinch-hitter Gerardo Parra, batting for Gray in the bottom of the seventh Jamel Dean Jersey , doubled off the right-field wall to drive in a pair of runs. Murphy’s RBI double in the second pushed across the Rockies’ first run.

IF THE SHOE FITS

Gray opted to wear white cleats on Friday, the same type he wore when he pitched his career-best 16-strikeout complete game against the San Diego Padres on Sept. 17, 2016. ”The last time I was in white shoes, I had the best game of my life. I don’t know why I ever stopped wearing them,” Gray said with a laugh.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Marlins: RHP Jose Urena was placed on the 10-day disabled list because of a right shoulder impingement. RHP Nick Wittgren filled the roster vacancy when he was reinstated from the 10-day DL. Wittgren had been sidelined by a right middle finger contusion.

Rockies: RHP Scott Oberg (back strain) and LHP Mike Dunn (upper back strain), who are both on the 10-day DL D.K. Metcalf Jersey , are slated to begin their respective rehab assignments. The two are scheduled to pitch an inning apiece Saturday for Triple-A Albuquerque at Fresno and then each work another inning Monday for high Class A Lancaster at Modesto.

UP NEXT

Marlins: RHP Trevor Richards (1-4, 5.45 ERA) has gone 1-2 with a 6.28 ERA since his recall for his second stint with Miami this season.

Rockies: LHP Tyler Anderson (4-2) will be looking to bounce back from a loss in his last outing, when he gave up three runs in a 12-2 loss earlier this week to the New York Mets.

While rookie seasons in the NFL can serve as a reasonable indicator of the skills a player has, it shouldn't define their career. It's far too small a sample size in a league that only plays a 16-game season. There are a variety of reasons why certain rookies may thrive or underperform, and they all need to be taken into account when evaluating these young players. The league has a ton of talent going into their sophomore year in 2017, and there's a lot riding on it for them. For many Nick Bosa Jersey , it's a make-or-break season in their career.Still, even players who are destined for good careers can hit a wall and suffer a sophomore slump after a good rookie campaign. It really all depends on the player and the situation. Circumstance matters more than anything in a league like the NFL, and some young players benefit from it, while others have their careers destroyed because of it. Let's take a look at some NFL players looking to take the next step from their rookie season.Ranked below are 8 second-year NFL players who will take it to the next level, and 7 who will suffer a sophomore slump.

Chủ đề: becoming his trademark. “I’   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 13/08/2019 lúc 01:51:23(UTC)
CARSON http://www.clevelandbrownsteamonline.com/anthony-zettel-jersey , Calif. (AP) — The Los Angeles Chargers had every reason to be susceptible to a trap game against Cincinnati.The Chargers were coming off an emotional, come-from-behind victory against Pittsburgh last Sunday and a key AFC West showdown at Kansas City was fast approaching.Sunday’s 26-21 victory over the Bengals was not one of Los Angeles’ best-played games of the season, but it does improve the record to 10-3 going into Thursday night’s game against the 11-2 Chiefs for the division lead.Article continues below ...“Everyone wanted to talk about Pittsburgh and if it wasn’t Pittsburgh then it was Kansas City. This team was dangerous and we got out of there with a win,” Chargers coach Anthony Lynn said.The Chargers scored touchdowns on their first two drives and then got four field goals from Michael Badgley — including a team-record 59-yarder — to deal the Bengals (5-8) their fifth straight loss.“We did enough to win. Shoot, they all count the same. We found a way to win, in a different way,” said Philip Rivers, who was 19 of 29 for 220 yards and a touchdown.The Chargers had 160 yards of offense on their first two drives — which ended in a Keenan Allen 14-yard TD catch and 5-yard score by Austin Ekeler — but had 128 the remainder of the game. Three of the last eight drives started at or inside the Chargers 7.Ekeler rushed for 66 yards on 15 carries with Melvin Gordon missing his second straight game due to a knee injury. Allen had five receptions for 78 yards and has a touchdown in five straight games.“Sometimes you just have to play complementary football. Defensively we stopped them when we needed to,” Lynn said. “Offensively we started out, but then slowed down and kicked field goals the rest of the day.”Cincinnati had good field position for most of the day with an average drive start of its 35. Joe Mixon had 111 yards on 26 carries and a touchdown. Jeff Driskel, who was making his second straight start since Andy Dalton’s season-ending thumb injury, was 18 of 27 for 170 yards and a touchdown.“The decisions I made today didn’t work out. We didn’t get to make the break. This or that decision put us in situations http://www.detroitlionsteamonline.com/jahlani-tavai-jersey , whether it’s fourth down and we’ve got to make the stop, the 2-point (conversion) and so forth, those things today, we didn’t get to make the breaks,” Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said.Cincinnati got within two points at 14-12 late in the first half on a pair of field goal by Bullock — one came after an apparent TD run by Driskel was overturned by replay — and Driskel’s 5-yard TD pass to John Ross (the 2-point attempt was no good). The Chargers, though, would take a 17-12 lead when Badgley made his 59-yard field goal on the final play of the first half.The Chargers led 23-15 late in the fourth quarter when Mixon scored from a yard out. The 2-point attempt, which would have tied the game, failed when Driskel was sacked by Darius Philon.BIG OVERTURNDriskel appeared to score a touchdown with about five minutes remaining in the second quarter on a 1-yard scramble that would have brought the Bengals within four, but replay overturned it saying he was short of the goal line.In the past, quarterbacks were safe to go head-first and not be considered to be giving himself up, but that was changed this season.“He dove forward to the goal line and as soon as his knee hit the ground http://www.houstontexansteamonline.com/kahale-warring-jersey , he was ruled to have given himself up. The ball was short of the goal line,” referee John Hussey said after the game.The overturn meant the ball was spotted inches short of the goal line and brought up fourth-and-goal. Bengals guard Alex Redmond was then called for a false start and Cincinnati had to settle for a Bullock 23-yard field goal that cut the Chargers’ margin to 14-6.BIG LEG BADGLEYBadgley, who had the winning field goal last Sunday at Pittsburgh, now has the longest field goal in Chargers history.The Chargers attempted a Hail Mary with a second remaining, which resulted in Rivers being sacked, but Bengals defensive end Jordan Willis was called for a false start, which brought out Badgley, who said he was very confident about making it.“You got to go out there with that kind of confidence. If you’re going out there thinking you’re going to miss it you probably shouldn’t be kicking it,” said Badgley, who is 14 of 15 on field goals since joining the Chargers last month. “But going out there, it was a way for us to steal momentum from them at the end of the half, go into the second half with more points. It was definitely good for us to get those points at the end of the half.”The former team record was a 57-yarder by Nate Kaeding at Tampa Bay on Dec. 21 http://www.indianapoliscoltsteamonline.com/bobby-okereke-jersey , 2008.UP NEXTBengals: Host Oakland next Sunday before concluding the season with two straight road games.Chargers: Travel to Kansas City on Thursday night in a matchup of two of the top teams in the AFC. BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Browns rookie Greedy Williams is eager to become an elite cornerback. He believes new teammate Odell Beckham Jr. will help him expedite the process.“Just going up against him in practice is going to boost my game 10 times better and show me what I need to work on against great receivers like him,” the second-round pick said Thursday.“He’s a different receiver and he’s one of the top guys — if not No. 1 — in the league, so it’s definitely a booster for me.”Williams continued to work with the first-string defense as Cleveland wrapped up its three-day, mandatory minicamp with a spirited, indoor practice.Three-time Pro Bowl wideout Beckham only participated in individual drills, but maintained a vocal presence throughout the 75-minute session. He was acquired in a March 13 trade with the Giants and suited up for the first time this week.“Playing one of the top receivers in the NFL, when you first get out there you don’t know what to expect,” Williams said of his fellow Louisiana State product.“But after a while getting to go against him, you kind of know what type of guy he is. He’s one of those receivers that you don’t really want to face man to man every play.”Williams has already survived his initial challenge — and crisis of confidence — as a professional. It occurred at rookie minicamp, where the 6-foot-2, 185-pounder struggled badly in coverage and questioned himself: “Am I fit for this? It was bad.”Browns coach Freddie Kitchens noted his much improved performance at this minicamp http://www.jacksonvillejaguarsteamonline.com/jawaan-taylor-jersey , which included two interceptions of Baker Mayfield, one of them a pick-6 in a two-minute drill.“Greedy did a good job of pushing through that in the spring and the whole time here,” Kitchens said. “That is what the NFL is about. You have to push through. You have to play the next play. You have to have more confidence in yourself than anybody around you has. Greedy is going to be fine.”Cleveland envisions Williams, a second-team All-American, and second-year pro Denzel Ward as its long-term starters at cornerback. The 21-year-old Williams is already leaning on the 22-year-old Ward for advice, much of it about life off the field.Kitchens has also stressed to him that rookies are expected to keep a low profile until they earn the right to speak up. Williams predicted the Browns would reach the Super Bowl during his post-draft press conference, much to the displeasure of their coaches.The Shreveport, Louisiana native has taken all of their messages to heart, going as far as muting his notorious trash-talking skills for now.“I’m still in my humble stage, man,” Williams said, flashing the warm smile that is becoming his trademark. “I’m just taking it serious http://www.jacksonvillejaguarsteamonline.com/gardner-minshew-ii-jersey , understanding this is a business, understanding this is a job. I just want to be the best and gain my team’s trust. It’s on from there.”NOTES: Beckham and disgruntled RB Duke Johnson were held out of 11-on-11 drills, but are healthy. Johnson requested a trade after Cleveland signed ex-Chiefs standout Kareem Hunt. “It’s more preventative than anything, everything is OK with them,” Kitchens said. “We do not play any games in the spring. Even when they’re here and it is mandatory, we’re going to make sure that we take care of our players until the games start counting.” . Mayfield will marry girlfriend Emily Wilkinson on July 6. “I think he’s tough, but who he’s going to be going home with is a little tougher,” Kitchens quipped. … Browns owner Jimmy Haslam watched practice by himself, standing behind the uprights in the south end zone.
Chủ đề: from past playoff failures, eschewing a   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 31/07/2019 lúc 02:35:33(UTC)
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Late in his 13th NFL season Riley Ridley Jersey , Andrew Whitworth finally got to savor his first playoff victory, albeit only for a minute or two.After the burly left tackle briefly celebrated on the Coliseum turf with his wife and children Saturday night, he rushed back to the Los Angeles Rams‘ locker room and reminded his teammates they’ve only completed a third of their postseason work.The 37-year-old Whitworth and the Rams both ended lengthy playoff droughts with their 30-22 win over the Dallas Cowboys, and they realized the importance of their achievement without being satisfied by it.After extending their second straight outstanding season to the NFC championship game, the Rams are determined to seize this chance to go even farther.“It’s great, but you know what? I feel like this team has potential for more than that,” Whitworth said. “It’s a great feeling, and I’m happy to have it, but I didn’t try to get to the playoffs to just win a playoff game. I’m trying to win a Super Bowl. That’s the only focus, and now we’re one step closer.”The Rams (14-3) took this step while following right behind Whitworth. The entire offensive line couldn’t have drawn up a sweeter scenario for this breakthrough win after they punctured the Cowboys’ defense for a franchise playoff-record 273 yards rushing.That’s the most ever allowed in the postseason by the five-time Super Bowl champion Cowboys, who were playing in their NFL-record 63rd postseason game. Dallas was even coming off a wild-card round victory in which it largely shut down Seattle’s NFL-best rushing attack.“I feel like we think we can run the football on anybody,” Whitworth said. “We were confident coming into this game that we could do it.”After a decade of playoff disappointment with the Cincinnati Bengals, Whitworth agreed to join the Rams and a head coach four years younger than him last season because he believed something remarkable could happen in Los Angeles. The way Whitworth and his linemen manhandled Dallas (11-7) at the line of scrimmage was remarkable indeed: The Rams dominated on the ground from the opening drive to C.J. Anderson’s 1-yard TD plunge on fourth-and-goal with 7:16 to play.Anderson rushed for 123 yards and two touchdowns, and Todd Gurley ran for 115 more yards and another TD to send the second-seeded Rams to the NFC championship game for the first time in 17 years.“Big boys played really great up front,” Anderson said. “Me and Todd just tried to pick the right spots.”The long-struggling Rams had won only one postseason game since their last trip to the Super Bowl in February 2002, but coach Sean McVay has added his first playoff victory to his spectacular two-season franchise turnaround. Los Angeles is one win away from another Super Bowl trip after McVay largely stuck to old-time football basics with his unlikely running back tandem and an offensive line determined to assert its superiority.“It means a lot for this team,” said the 32-year-old McVay, the youngest coach in NFL history to win a playoff game. “That’s what’s special about it is to be able to see guys that have success Greedy Williams Jersey , talking about a guy like Andrew Whitworth that’s been playing as long as he has. To see him play at the level that he played at tonight, and then to be able to get his first playoff win with these guys, I know he cares so much about and loves these guys.”Next weekend, they will face the winner of the other divisional playoff game in New Orleans between the top-seeded Saints and the defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles.COWBOYS CRACKEDThe Cowboys hadn’t allowed two 100-yard rushers in a playoff game since the NFL-AFL merger. Los Angeles racked up more yards than the Cowboys had allowed on the ground all season, a particular embarrassment for a proud, effective defense.STOPPING ZEKEWhile Anderson and Gurley ran wild, NFL rushing champion Ezekiel Elliott managed just 47 yards and a touchdown on 20 carries. All-Pro defensive tackle Aaron Donald and Ndamukong Suh both had outstanding games, but the Cowboys blamed themselves for their inability to establish a consistent rushing attack, particularly against the Rams’ run defense, which had been spotty.“They dominated us up front,” Elliott said. “We didn’t get any movement.”DYNAMIC DUOAnderson joined the Rams last month as an emergency fill-in for Gurley, who injured his knee and missed the final two games. Anderson has a Super Bowl ring from Denver, but he also was released by the Broncos, Carolina and Oakland over the past nine months.Anderson has played three games for Los Angeles, and he rushed for at least 100 yards in all three.Gurley and Anderson became the fourth set of teammates in NFL history to rush for 100 yards apiece in a postseason game while Dallas gave up 200 yards rushing in a playoff game for the first time since Eric Dickerson did it for the Rams in 1986.DROUGHTS CONTINUEDak Prescott passed for 266 yards and rushed for a TD with 2:11 to play, but the Cowboys couldn’t climb out after falling into a 23-7 hole midway through the third quarter.The Cowboys still haven’t won a playoff game on the road in 26 years. After winning the NFC East and beating Seattle last week, Dallas lost in the divisional playoff round for the sixth consecutive time and fell short of its first trip to the NFC championship game since January 1996.“It’s been a great season, all the ups and downs at 3-5 and being counted out Sione Takitaki Jersey ,” Prescott said. “Just the way we were able to get back here was inspiring. We had a good team, and when you feel confident about that team and lose, it hurts. We’re a young team. We have a lot of guys with the right makeup to get back here and get to the next round.” KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Andy Reid sat inside an opulent suite high above the field in Arrowhead Stadium six years ago, a sparkle in his eyes and a broad smile hiding underneath his bushy, red mustache.He had just been fired by the Philadelphia Eagles after a mostly successful 14-year run highlighted by a Super Bowl appearance, and by all accounts he should have been weary and beaten. But he was instead wired and buoyant, eager to take on the vast rebuilding job of the Kansas City Chiefs.Eager to answer the critics who claimed he lost it those final years in Philly.Eager to prove to everyone that he can win the big game.Now, the affable coach with the self-deprecating sense of humor has the Chiefs one game away from playing in their first Super Bowl in 49 years.Standing in the way are the New England Patriots, a team that has ruined Reid’s postseason dreams on multiple occasions, but who will have to earn their own trip back to the Super Bowl by beating the AFC’s top seed on the road Sunday.“I think this is big for our fans. It’s big for our family,” Reid said Monday. “There’s a lot that goes into it, from the head coach’s standpoint to the players’ standpoint.“There’s going to be a lot of distractions here,” he added. “It’s important to focus on the job.”It’s the job Reid sought when he signed on in 2013, taking over a franchise coming off a two-win season and marked by on- and off-field misery. And getting to this point hasn’t been easy, either, with more playoff disappointments marking his first five seasons.Twice his Chiefs teams have lost by one point, and once by two Sheldrick Redwine Jersey , when the Steelers beat them in the divisional round at Arrowhead Stadium in a game in which Pittsburgh never scored a touchdown.Twice they’ve blown 18-point leads, something that has happened only two other times in NFL history.Three years ago, the Chiefs finally won their first playoff game in more than two decades, only to blow their shot at the AFC title game in New England. The Chiefs trailed by 14 in the fourth quarter but used 16 plays to score the first of two touchdowns they needed, and ultimately ran out of time.“I don’t get caught up in any of that,” said Reid, who, even after a 31-13 win over the Colts on Saturday, is just 2-4 in the playoffs with Kansas City. “I’m into history — I love history — but only if it makes you better. You learn from it and move forward. That’s the important thing.”To be sure, Reid has had plenty of learning opportunities.He’s been in 25 playoff games over the course of 20 seasons as a head coach, the most of anybody without winning the Super Bowl.In fact, his one Super Bowl appearance — when the Eagles were beaten by Bill Belichick and the Patriots in 2005 — is the fewest of any coach with 20 playoff games.That loss to the Patriots, of course, was as deflating as any postseason defeat.The Eagles trailed that game by 10 points late but used up several precious minutes with a series of short passing plays to get the touchdown they needed. They were left with little time to march for the tying field goal, and Reid was saddled with criticism for his poor clock management.It has turned out to be a criticism that has haunted Reid most of his career.His guys have never been on board with it, though. Reid has always been considered a players’ coach, passing on the praise and shouldering the blame, whether it was during his days as an assistant coach in Green Bay or when he was leading Philadelphia to a series of NFC title games.“I’ve learned a ton just from being around Coach Reid Austin Seibert Jersey ,” said Patrick Mahomes, the Chiefs’ record-setting young quarterback. “I think he’s a huge reason why we’ve had success this season.”Reid showed against Indianapolis he’s learned from past playoff failures, eschewing a conservative approach from yesteryear for a go-for-broke mentality. The Chiefs went for it on fourth down on four occasions, converting three of them, and set the tone early in a game they dominated the whole way.“It’s always a tough matchup against Andy,” Belichick said. “I’ve never had the opportunity to coach with Andy, but we’ve competed many times, and played him in a lot of preseason games in Philadelphia and then obviously in Kansas City, and going back to when we were coordinators prior to head coaches.“I’ve always had a tremendous amount of respect for the way he does things,” he added. “He does as good a job as anybody in the National Football League. Has for a long time. Gets the most out of his players, puts them in the right position, plays very competitively always, but always in a respectful way, the way the game should be played.”100<button class="view-gallery">View Gallery</button> Gallery:View from the sidelines: NFL cheerleaders 2018Raj Mehta-USA TODAY Sports | Raj Mehta