logo

Thông báo

Icon
Error

Lý lịch: laiyongcai92
Tên sử dụng: laiyongcai92 Offline
Gia nhập: 15-10-2018(UTC)
Lần cuối đăng nhập: 20/03/2019 lúc 10:14:26(UTC)
Số bài viết: 186
[0.12% trên tổng số bài viết / 1.15 bài trên ngày]
Số lần cảm ơn 0 (View Thanks)
Số lần được cảm ơn 0
Số bài viết được cảm ơn 0
Numer of Reputation received from other users 0
Xem tất cả các bài của thành viên này
Chủ đề: Roberto Luongo spoke eloquently   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 20/03/2019 lúc 10:14:25(UTC)
SUNRISE Mike Smith Jersey , Fla. (AP) on the ice and then played brilliantly in net.On a night when the Florida Panthers honored the victims of last week’s shooting at nearby Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, their veteran goalie delivered a stirring speech to the crowd during a somber pregame tribute.Once the puck was dropped Thursday, he made 33 saves in his third game since returning from a groin injury to lead the Panthers to a 3-2 victory over the Washington Capitals.”The first 10 minutes of the game was very difficult. I was not in a zone, that’s a good way to put it. Emotions were still running high from the ceremony,” said Luongo, who lives in Parkland, where the shooting occurred.Vincent Trocheck scored the winning goal with 19.1 seconds left for Florida. With the score tied at 2, he redirected a shot by Jonathan Huberdeau past goaltender Braden Holtby during a power play.Nick Bjugstad scored the tying goal for the Panthers late in the third period, and Maxim Mamin got his first NHL goal.It was the first home game for the Panthers since the tragedy. They had been on a road trip in Canada for the past 11 days.”We had little angels helping us tonight to help us pull out a big win here,” Luongo said.Trocheck celebrated his go-ahead goal by encouraging fellow players to sign his stick. He plans on donating it to the students and faculty at Marjory Stoneman Douglas.”It was very emotional,” Trocheck said. ”It was a powerful game. Powerful speech before the game by Lou. Powerful meaning behind the game. Team played great in the third period, showed a lot of character and to be able to put that in the net at the end of the game Sean Monahan Jersey , it was exciting.”Andre Burakovsky had a goal and an assist, and Lars Eller also scored for the Capitals. Holtby stopped 30 shots but lost his fifth straight.Before the game, the arena video screen showed the names and faces of each of the 17 students who were killed on Valentine’s Day in nearby Parkland. The darkened ice was then illuminated with 17 circles of light, with a student’s name inside each one.Players from both teams stood for the ceremony, some wiping tears from their eyes.Luongo followed with an emotional address about how he has lived in Parkland for 12 years with his wife and children, and how much he loves the town. He lauded the bravery of those who lost their lives trying to save others and spoke about how inspiring the students have been in coping with the tragedy.”Usually, sporting events start with a lot of fanfare and a lot of noise, and it wasn’t that,” Capitals coach Barry Trotz said. ”It had some meaning to the people in this region, it had some meaning to the players on the other side, and it had some meaning to us. After he (Luongo) got through the first period, it settled into a hockey game.”Florida players will wear Marjory Stoneman Douglas logos on their helmets and MSD uniform patches for the remainder of the season.”I thought Louie did a heck of a job with his speech and to get in net and to throw a performance out like that after TJ Brodie Jersey , it was one of the most impressive things I’ve seen in a long time,” Panthers coach Bob Boughner said.Bjugstad tied the game at 2 when he took a pass from Aleksander Barkov in front and poked in the puck with 3:42 left.”The second goal they got a little fortunate on,” Holtby said. ”I think he misplaced his pass and it went off his back foot. You just move on from those.”Burakovsky’s power-play goal gave the Capitals a 2-1 lead at 9:56 of the second. Alex Ovechkin fed the puck to Burakovsky in the slot, where he lined it up and fired a shot past Luongo.Mamin gave the Panthers a 1-0 lead at 4:50 of the first period when he poked in the rebound of a shot by Ian McCoshen. Mamin’s goal was his first point in eight NHL games.The Capitals tied it on Eller’s goal. Burakovsky took a shot from the high slot that glanced off Eller’s stick and in with 1:05 left in the first.NOTES: Capitals defenseman Michal Kempny, acquired from Chicago late Monday night, made his Washington debut. … The Panthers acquired forward Frank Vatrano from Boston for a third-round pick in this year’s draft. … RW Radim Vrbata was a healthy scratch for the eighth time in 11 games.UP NEXTCapitals: Host the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday.Panthers: Host the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday.— ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Burdened with a franchise-record losing streak, the Anaheim Ducks got a spark after a roster makeover. The Minnesota Wild were left reeling after the trade of a popular teammate.John Gibson made 37 saves for his second shutout of the season, Adam Henrique and Rickard Rakell scored 11 seconds apart in the first period and the re-tooled Ducks snapped a franchise-record 12-game losing streak by beating the Wild 3-0 on Thursday night.Brian Gibbons added his second goal of the season for Anaheim, which made four trades in the previous three days.“I think you lose 12 in a row, you need to change something,” Gibson said. “I’m not saying anything about the guys that moved or anything like that Womens Travis Hamonic Jersey , but I think you get new players, you get some new faces, you get some new energy in here and it helped us and we fed off that. We needed a change, and tonight it worked out and we have to keep going with it.”The Ducks added forwards Devin Shore and Derek Grant, and defenseman Michael Del Zotto in a series of deals, along with receiving minor league forward Justin Kloos in an exchange with Minnesota.“Hopefully, we hit a few buttons that can give ourselves some life here and some momentum that we can carry this forward,” Anaheim coach Randy Carlyle said of the win.Alex Stalock allowed three goals on eight shots for the Wild before being pulled in favor of Devan Dubnyk, who stopped 15 shots after he was expected to get another night of rest.Minnesota has also been busy making deals. Earlier Thursday, Minnesota traded forward Nino Niederreiter to the Carolina Hurricanes for center Victor Rask. Pontus Aberg played his first game for the Wild after being acquired from Anaheim for Kloos.“Yeah, a guy was traded mid-afternoon and they find out at 4 o’clock or what have you,” Minnesota coach Bruce Boudreau said. “But our job is our job. I mean Custom Los Angeles Kings Jerseys , we’re professionals. Trades happen. They had six transactions and I didn’t see them worrying about it.”The Ducks started quickly in this one as Henrique scored his eighth goal of the season just 3:57 into the game. Just 11 seconds later, Shore drove the net and had the puck poked away by Stalock. But the loose puck when right to Rakell in front and he had an open net for his ninth goal of the season.Shore was playing his second game with Anaheim since being acquired from Dallas.Gibbons scored less than four minutes later, tipping a shot from the point from defenseman Andy Welinkski and ending Stalock’s night.“Sometimes that’s all it takes,” Ducks captain Ryan Getzlaf said. “You get young guys in the lineup and they play with energy and they did their job great tonight.”Dubnyk, the Wild’s All-Star representative, had started 16 of 17 games before Stalock led Minnesota to a win against Los Angeles on Tuesday with 31 saves. Boudreau said Dubnyk was feeling tired and tried to give his top netminder another night off Thursday.“We’ve got to start winning or it’s more stuff like that is going to happen,” Minnesota forward Zach Parise said of the trades. “You never want to be in that position where you’re putting yourself in a spot where they have to make that decision and all of a sudden you have to start getting rid of players. It’s a tough spot to be in and I just hope that we can rebound and climb ourselves back in.”NOTES: Del Zotto and Kloos were scratched for Anaheim. Del Zotto, acquired from Vancouver, isn’t expected to join the team until the current road trip ends on Sunday. … Anaheim F Max Jones made his NHL debut after being recalled a day earlier when Jakob Silfverberg and Ryan Kesler were placed on injured reserve with lower-body injuries. … Both teams were 0 for 4 on the power play and Minnesota has now killed off two of the past 21 opponent power plays. … Thursday represented the first time Stalock has started two straight games since a career-best seven in a row from Dec. 14-27, 2017. … Parise had a career-high 11 shots on goal.UP NEXTDucks: Play at New Jersey on Saturday.Wild: Host Columbus on Saturday.
Chủ đề: PITTSBURGH (AP) — Nothing has come easy this season   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 20/03/2019 lúc 09:40:36(UTC)
for the New Jersey Devils. Except Anthony Beauvillier Jersey , that is, when they play the Pittsburgh Penguins.Then, the power play clicks. The penalty kill, too. The goals they’ve struggled to score all season come in bunches. Throw in Keith Kinkaid’s steady play in net and the gear New Jersey has been unable to find much of the year suddenly reappears when Pittsburgh is on the other side of the ice.“It’s just one of those things,” Kinkaid said. “I guess we match up well against them. We always have our A game.”Travis Zajac had a goal and three assists, Kinkaid made 37 saves and the Devils had little trouble in a 6-3 victory over Pittsburgh on Monday night to improve to 6-0-1 in their last seven meetings with the Penguins. New Jersey has drilled Pittsburgh in each of their three meetings this season, outscoring the Penguins 15-5 in the process.“Everyone looked fresh,” Kinkaid said. “Everyone was moving. Everybody was flying out there and playing good defensively. The PK was solid, our special teams were solid. We just have to be consistent and that starts from me out to consistency the rest of the way.”Pavel Zacha, Damon Severson, Brian Boyle, Blake Coleman and Kyle Palmieri also scored as New Jersey snapped a three-game skid. The NHL’s worst road team improved to 6-17-3 away from home. Two of those wins have come at the expense of Pittsburgh, which has dropped four of five overall and looked a step slow following a nine-day break.Derick Brassard got his ninth goal for Pittsburgh before being ejected in the third period for elbowing. Matt Cullen and Bryan Rust added late goals after the game was decided. Matt Murray allowed six goals on 32 shots and the Penguins gave up their league-leading 11th short-handed goal of the season.“I think they’ve just outworked us Authentic Brock Nelson Jersey , plain and simple,” said Pittsburgh captain Sidney Crosby, held scoreless two days after winning the MVP award at the All-Star Game. “You look at the games, they’ve worked harder, they’ve deserved it. As disappointing as that is and as much as you don’t like saying that, it’s the truth.”Pittsburgh limped into the All-Star break following a 2-3 West Coast trip, each loss coming in a game in which they surrendered at least five goals thanks in large part to sloppy play in front of the net.A chance to reset at home against a team well off the pace in the crowded Eastern Conference playoff picture didn’t exactly go as planned.The Devils, like the Penguins coming off a week-plus layoff, showed more jump from the outset and it resulted in an early lead when Zajac took a feed from Steven Santini at the top of the left circle and fired a shot past a screened Murray 13:08 into the first period. Severson doubled the advantage less than two minutes later when he cruised uncontested through the neutral zone and beat Murray from high in the slot with a shot that nicked Murray’s glove before settling into the net.Kinkaid withstood power-play opportunities by the Penguins to preserve the lead, and Boyle and Zacha’s aggressive forecheck on the penalty kill set up Boyle’s short-handed goal 3:30 into the second that put the Devils up 3-0.Penguins coach Mike Sullivan acknowledged it might be time to change things up on Pittsburgh’s first power-play unit, a group that includes stars Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Phil Kessel and Kris Letang.“They’re all really good players Casey Cizikas Jersey ,” Sullivan said. “But we all have to take defensive responsibility when guys are in danger.”Brassard responded less than 90 seconds later to get the Penguins back within two, but Coleman’s rocket from the right circle 12:57 into the second restored the three-goal edge and the Devils cruised from there.Brassard’s night ended 9:12 into the third period when he lined up Sami Vatanen along the end boards behind the New Jersey net. Vatanen tumbled to the ice and officials gave Brassard a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct.NOTES: The Devils went 2 for 5 on the power play. The Penguins were 0 for 5. … New Jersey’s six goals were the most the franchise has scored in Pittsburgh since Oct. 5, 2005. … Zajac has four career four-point games. … The Penguins scratched D Chad Ruhwedel. New Jersey scratched Ds Egor Yakovlev and Cory Schneider, and forward Kurtis Gabriel. … Pittsburgh D Jack Johnson left in the third period and did not return.UP NEXTDevils: Face the rival New York Rangers for the first time this season at home on Thursday.Penguins: Host the NHL-leading Tampa Bay Lightning on Wednesday. BOSTON — The already jumbled Boston Bruins goaltending picture took a strange twist on Friday.Tuukka Rask, whose ineffectiveness led to free agent signee Jaroslav Halak jumping ahead of him on the depth chart, left the team after both goalies played poorly in Thursday night’s 8-5 loss to the Vancouver Canucks at TD Garden.The Bruins issued a one-line press release that read “Effective today, Boston Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask has been granted a leave of absence relating to a personal matter.”Article continues below ...That took Rask away for a weekend that has the Bruins hosting the Toronto Maple Leafs in an Original Six game Saturday night and then the Vegas Golden Knights on Sunday night.General manager Don Sweeney said Rask was not dealing with an injury issue — and that he expected the absence to be one of short duration.“Tuukka is going to take a few days to address a personal matter,” Sweeney said. “It is not health related. So I think it’s important for everybody to respect his privacy and let him deal with it for the next few days.”Practice was delayed 20 minutes Friday as coach Bruce Cassidy met with team leaders Zdeno Chara and Patrice Bergeron.“I’m not going into any details, It’s a personal issue,” Bergeron said. “Right here we’re behind him and supporting him 100 percent. All I can say is that he’s a great friend and we’re all here for him.”Jalak, chased from Thursday’s night, is likely to start both weekend games, with coach Bruce Cassidy confirming Halak will play Saturday against the dangerous Leafs.Speaking of Toronto http://www.islandersfanproshop.com/authentic-cal-clutterbuck-jersey , Fredrik Andersen played for the Leafs in a home game against the New Jersey Devils on Friday night, making 38 saves in a 6-1 win on Hall of Fame Night. Coach Mike Babcock, whose team has won three straight to go to 11-5-0, said it will be Garret Sparks in goal in Boston.The goalie announcement came as a bit of a surprise since Andersen owns a 10-1 record, a 2.09 goals-against average and .935 save percentage in his regular-season career against the Bruins. However, he was 3-3 against Boston in last year’s playoff series, yielding six goals in the deciding seventh game. He had a 3.76 goals-against average and .896 save percentage in the series.The Bruins went 4-2-0 against the Leafs last season at TD Garden counting the playoffs.On Thursday night, Boston broke out of its recent scoring slump but fell to 8-5-2, including 4-4-2 in the last 10 games.“Goaltending, obviously, neither guy was on their game, so that’s a problem,” Boston coach Bruce Cassidy said. “It’s going to happen. Defense Matt Hunwick Jersey Womens , I think it was as much turnovers worked against us once we started to get behind.”Rask, who allowed the last three goals, quipped, “I was just trying to keep it under 10 — that’s what I was worried about. But yeah, you know … a loss is a loss, it doesn’t really matter at the end of the day.“It was kind of a crazy game both ways. You know, a lot of goals scored and there was — at the end it looked like everyone was napping in the crowd. It was just one of those games where there wasn’t a whole lot of action on either end — low shots and you know all of a sudden it’s 5-3, 8-5, whatever. So, yeah, weird game, but that’s entertainment and we’re just providing it.”Halak had been leading the NHL in goals-against average and save percentage, falling behind Pekka Rinne in both with Thursday night’s performance. He is 4-1-2 with a 1.96 goals against and .936 save percentage — and is 8-3-4 with 2.94 goals-against average and .893 save percentage lifetime against the Leafs.The Bruins confirmed Friday that Charlie McAvoy has been out with a concussion. He hasn’t played since Oct. 18 and had been listed as having an upper-body injury.Saturday marks the first appearance in a Toronto uniform of John Tavares Jeff Skinner Jersey Womens , who signed a huge free agent contract with the Maple Leafs. The Bruins were one of the teams reportedly in the hunt.Team president Cam Neely, Sweeney and Cassidy traveled to Los Angeles and met Tavares and his agent — offering a seven-year deal.After signing, Tavares, who scored his ninth goal of the season Friday, tweeted, “It’s time to live my childhood dream here in Toronto.”He tweeted a picture of himself as a kid in his bed, which was outfitted entirely in Maple Leafs bedding. But you get the feeling the Boston fans don’t care about that and will let him hear it Saturday night.Toronto’s Patrick Marleau joined former teammate Joe Thornton as the only active players with 600 assists by picking up a helper Friday night.The Bruins recalled Jakob Forsbacka Karlson — the newest JFK in Boston — from Providence on Friday.
Chủ đề: DETROIT (AP) Montreal coach Claude   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 20/03/2019 lúc 09:24:37(UTC)
Julien acknowledged the Canadiens can benefit by losing Jordan Schroeder Jersey Womens , increasing their chances in the NHL draft lottery.Julien, though, insisted coaches and players are wired to win and refuse to compete with any other goal in mind.Nicolas Deslauriers‘ second goal put Montreal ahead late in the second period and they held on to beat the Detroit Red Wings 4-3 on Thursday night.The Original Six teams are out of the playoff race, finishing up the season playing only for pride.”Both teams want to win. It’s engrained in us,” Julien said. ”I’ve been told – I can honestly tell you – to try to win every game we can.”Antti Niemi had 23 saves for the Canadiens, started in place of struggling star Carey Price.Detroit’s Jared Coreau stopped 24 shots, giving Jimmy Howard the night off.Montreal took advantage of the Red Wings turning the puck over, including early in the third period when Artturi Lehkonen scored to create a two-goal cushion.”We’re always trying to force turnovers and play a fastbreak game,” Lehkonen said. ”We got some opportunities and we did a good job finishing them.”Darren Helm scored less than a minute later to pull Detroit within a goal Matt Calvert Jersey Womens , but it couldn’t’ score again to extend the game.Montreal had won just two of its previous 10 games and will miss the playoffs for the second time in three years.”I’m not used to losing. I don’t like to lose,” Julien said. ”But at the same time, I have to be objective and look at the situation and there were some challenges along the way that we didn’t expect, a number of injuries, and players having to move up in the lineup in areas they weren’t quite ready for.”The Red Wings have lost two straight and 15 of their last 19 games. They will be relegated to watching the postseason for a second consecutive season after earning a spot in the playoffs 25 straight times.”We’ve found ways to lose too many times this year,” Detroit defenseman Jonathan Ericsson said. ”We lost a lot of one-goal games after leading games in the third. And, it’s just not acceptable that we didn’t close out more games.”The storied franchises hope they’re fortunate enough to get the No. 1 pick overall to likely draft Swedish defenseman Rasmus Dahlin.Detroit wants to rebuild around Dylan Larkin, who split two Canadiens on a rush and beat Niemi with a backhander late in the first to make it 1-all after Deslauriers had his first goal early in the game.”Dylan continues to build his game,” Detroit coach Jeff Blashill said. ”That goal Cale Makar Jersey Womens , I think, is a good sign for us.”Tyler Bertuzzi put the Red Wings ahead early in the second, but they lost the lead as they have many times this season.Brendan Gallagher pulled the Canadiens into a tie midway through the second period and Deslauriers’ 10th put them ahead with 5:21 left in the period.”It’s been a tough year so this was a nice bonus at the end of the year,” Deslauriers said.NOTES: Montreal D Jeff Petry was cheered on by at least one fan in the stands. His father, Dan Petry, an 18-game winner for the 1984 World Series champion Detroit Tigers, attended the game. … Coreau, who has spent much of the season in the AHL, is 0-5 with the Red Wings this season. … Gallagher has a team-high 31 goals Riley Nash Jersey Womens , a double-digit lead over the rest of his teammates and seven more goals than he scored in any of his previous five seasons. … Larkin has a five-game points streak.UP NEXTCanadiens: Wrap up the season Saturday night at Toronto.Red Wings: End the season at home against the New York Islanders on Saturday night.— PITTSBURGH (AP) The Pittsburgh Penguins have re-signed forward Riley Sheahan to a $2.1 million, one-year contract.General manager Jim Rutherford announced the signing Wednesday, hours after clearing salary-cap space by trading winger Conor Sheary and defenseman Matt Hunwick to Buffalo for a conditional-fourth round pick.Sheahan had 11 goals and 21 assists in 71 games with the Penguins after they acquired him from Detroit in October. Despite going scoreless in eight games with the Red Wings before the trade, Sheahan set career highs in assists and points last season.The Penguins risked losing Sheahan in free agency after he led them in faceoffs and was a key depth player in finishing second in the Metropolitan Division. The 26-year-old was a pending unrestricted free agent.In 365 NHL regular-season games with Detroit and Pittsburgh, Sheahan has 49 goals and 81 assists.—
Chủ đề: With just over a month left in the regular season   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 20/03/2019 lúc 09:02:38(UTC)
RALEIGH Womens Josh Anderson Jersey , N.C. (AP) the Carolina Hurricanes are forcing their way back into the Eastern Conference playoff picture.Teuvo Teravainen and Justin Williams scored in the third period and the Hurricanes overcame yet another goal by New Jersey’s Taylor Hall to beat the Devils 3-1 on Friday night.Teravainen’s redirection at 9:37 of the third period made it 2-1, and Williams added an empty-net goal with 21 seconds remaining. Derek Ryan also scored and Cam Ward stopped 25 shots to help Carolina to its second straight win since dropping six straight.The Hurricanes temporarily pulled into a tie with Columbus for the Eastern Conference’s final playoff spot. The Blue Jackets were set to play Anaheim later Friday.”It’s crunch time, obviously,” said Ward, one of only two Carolina players who were on the team when it last made the playoffs in 2009. ”We have 17 games left now and, I mean, we’re in this together. We’re gonna fight and want to compete. Obviously we’ve got to go on a run here to get ourselves in the wild card.”Hall’s second-period goal extended his point streak to 24 games. He has scored in six of his last seven games, and 17 of his 29 goals have come since Jan. 1.Keith Kinkaid made 27 saves for the Devils, who dropped both games of a back-to-back road set.”We need a lot more guys going (other than Hall) Chris Kreider Jersey ,” New Jersey coach John Hynes said. ”We don’t have enough guys playing as hard enough and committed enough, as detailed enough, for us to have success, and we got what we deserved.”After a slow, sloppy first period, the Hurricanes struck 8:10 into the second. Ryan was the beneficiary of some help from the Devils defense when his backhanded pass through the crease hit defenseman Damon Severson’s skate and redirected in.Hall evened the score with 32 seconds left in the period, redirecting Sami Vatanen’s wrist shot through his legs and just inside the near post.The Hurricanes pulled ahead for good with a nifty deflection in the third. Brett Pesce fired a slap shot from the right point that was off-target, but Teravainen, who had settled off the side of the crease, had the puck bank off his leg and past Kinkaid.”I was just trying to be around the net and Pesce shot it and it goes off my leg Henrik Lundqvist Jersey Kids ,” Teravainen said. ”It’s pretty good. It doesn’t hurt your ankle when it goes in.”Ward stopped the Devils’ final 12 shots, and Williams sealed it with a backhander from center ice into the empty net.”Tonight I thought our execution was really good,” Ward said. ”We stuck with it, we’re playing with some swag, some confidence, and that’s good to see.”NOTES: Hall’s goal was his 70th point of the season, becoming the first Devils player to reach the 70-point mark since Ilya Kovalchuk and Patrik Elias in 2011-12. … The Devils had won five of their previous six against the Hurricanes dating to November 2016. … Hurricanes F Victor Rask had an assist on Ryan’s goal to give him three assists in his last four games. … Hurricanes F Joakim Nordstrom missed his second straight game with an upper-body injury. He is day-to-day.UP NEXTDevils: Host Vegas on Sunday.Hurricanes: Host Winnipeg on Sunday.— DETROIT (AP) Viktor Arvidsson is playing some of his best hockey of the season and helping the Nashville Predators get some big wins.Arvidsson scored his third goal in two games and the Predators ended their seven-game losing skid against Detroit with a 3-2 victory over the Red Wings on Tuesday.Scott Hartnell and Kyle Turris also scored, and Juuse Saros stopped 34 shots for the Predators, who improved to 7-2-2 in their last nine games. Nashville also ended a three-game losing streak in Detroit since a win on Nov. 19, 2013.Article continues below ...Arvidsson Jimmy Vesey Jersey , who scored twice in the Predators’ 5-2 win over Ottawa on Monday, now has eight goals and five assists in the last 14 games.”The last two games, I think our line has been a lot better and we’re playing with a lot of confidence,” Nashville’s Ryan Johansen said. ”Arvie has been a huge factor in that, because he’s been making plays all over the ice lately.”Arvidsson’s goal at 4:50 of the third period pushed the Predators’ lead to 3-1. The puck skipped over the stick of Red Wings defenseman Jonathan Ericsson, allowing Arvidsson to get in alone and snap a shot by Howard on the stick side.Andreas Athanasiou and Tomas Tatar scored for the Red Wings, and Jimmy Howard finished with 26 saves.The Predators grabbed the lead just 4:18 into the opening period. Roman Josi’s wrist shot from the point deflected off the right skate of Nashville forward Hartnell before settling into the net behind Howard.It was 2-0 Predators at 9:35 of the first. Josi’s wrist shot squeezed through the legs of Wings defenseman Niklas Kronwall and landed right in front of Nashville center Kyle Turris, who tucked the puck past Howard. It was the first goal by Turris since Jan. 30, ending a nine-game drought.”We got off to a good start, but the second period wasn’t good at all Kevin Hayes Jersey ,” Arvidsson said. ”The third period was a lot better, but we still made too many bad decisions.”The Red Wings got on the board at 10:12 of the second as Athanasiou slipped behind the Nashville defense, took a pass from Dylan Larkin and beat Saros with a stick-side deke move. It was Athanasiou’s first goal in 12 games.”I think we needed something to kind of get the momentum going, so it was definitely good to help out,” Athanasiou said.After Arvidsson restored Nashville’s two-goal lead, Detroit pulled back within one at 7:54 of the third. From a goalmouth scramble, Tatar jammed a loose puck past Saros.”I thought the second half we took it to them,” Detroit forward Justin Abdelkader said. ”I felt from the drop of the puck we weren’t winning battles. I thought in the second and third period we were better.”It’s tough to spot a team like that two goals. You’ve got to fight and scratch and claw to get back. We did. We had a lot of chances as the game went. It’s tough to finally lose it.”NOTES: The Red Wings recalled G Jared Coreau from AHL Grand Rapids to replace G Petr Mrazek, traded Monday to Philadelphia. … Red Wings D Mike Green missed his third straight game due to an upper-body injury. … The Predators are 5-1-1 in the second game of back to backs this season.UP NEXTPredators: Host San Jose on Thursday night.Red Wings: Host Buffalo on Thursday night.
Chủ đề: NEW YORK — These are enjoyable times   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 20/03/2019 lúc 08:51:11(UTC)
for the Columbus Blue Jackets Custom Toronto Maple Leafs Jerseys , who are starting to get on a roll and getting outstanding goaltending from Sergei Bobrovsky.The Blue Jackets attempt to get their season-high fifth straight victory and Bobrovsky likely will be in nets Thursday night when they visit the New York Rangers.Columbus is trying to get its fourth winning streak of at least five games since the start of the 2016-17 season. The Blue Jackets also are 6-2-1 in their last nine games since a 9-6 home loss to the Calgary Flames on Dec. 4.Article continues below ...Bobrovsky is 4-0-0 with a 1.00 goals-against average and a .970 save percentage during Columbus’ winning streak. He is facing an average of 33.5 shots per game and his performances helped the Blue Jackets win three straight one-goal games before Sunday’s 3-0 win at New Jersey when Bobrovsky made 39 saves, his second-highest total of the season.His recent performances helped him get named as the NHL’s first star Monday. Since allowing eight goals to Calgary, Bobrovsky is 6-1 with a 1.77 GAA and .942 save percentage.“There are ups and downs,” Bobrovsky said. “It’s a long season. You never know what’s going to happen, so you just play by the moment and do your things.”While Bobrovsky was stopping 19 shots in the third period, his teammates helped by scoring twice in the opening 5:31 and adding a second-period tally. Cam Atkinson scored the first goal, giving him 17 goals in the last 20 games while Artemi Panarin scored an unassisted tally, marking the third time he scored in consecutive games this season.“It’s always good to get the first one, especially in the away barn www.officialcanucks.com ,” Atkinson said. “We knew we’d see their best and to feel good right away, it’s good for us. We can enjoy this and get a little bit of a rest here and be ready for the Rangers.”Besides their overall streak, the Blue Jackets will be attempting to get a fourth straight road win and improve on their 7-4-1 record against Metropolitan Division opponents.One of New York’s wins during a 10-3-1 surge from Oct. 23-Nov. 21 was a 5-4 shootout win in Columbus on Nov. 10 when Jimmy Vesey scored the game-tying goal in the final minute of regulation and scored the winner in the fifth round of the shootout against Joonas Korpisalo.The last game of New York’s hot streak was a 5-0 home win over the New York Islanders on Nov. 21. Two days later, they were handed a 4-0 loss in Philadelphia that started their 3-6-4 slide.During the skid, the Rangers have lost four one-goal games and are 2-2-4 at home. They also have been outshot on nine occasions and allowed at least 40 shots on goal four times.In their last game, the Rangers did not allow 40 shots or get outshot but wound up with a 3-2 shootout loss at home to Philadelphia on Sunday. Chris Kreider scored in the first period, Boo Nieves tallied in the second but Mats Zuccarello, Mika Zibanejad, Pavel Buchnevich Vancouver Canucks T-Shirts Authentic , and Kevin Hays were unable to score in the shootout against Michal Neuvirth.“I took a look this morning at the standings, and obviously the separation is getting bigger,” New York goaltender Henrik Lundqvist said. “We have to start winning here if you want to be part of that race. Take this break and regroup and realize how desperate we need to be coming back.”While the Rangers are 13-8-5 in games by decided by two goals or fewer, they also have faltered against some of the Eastern Conference’s top teams. They took a 6-3 loss at Tampa Bay on Dec. 10 after scoring the first two goals, allowed four goals in the second period at Toronto on Saturday and are 0-1-1 against the Washington Capitals.“In the last few weeks here, it’s been hard to get the wins,” Lundqvist said. “So when we get back, we really have to dig deep.”While wins are difficult for the Rangers after last month’s hot streak, getting points is not for Hayes.Hayes is on a career-high seven-game point streak that is also the longest by a Ranger this season. During his streak Vancouver Canucks Hoodies Authentic , Hayes has accumulated five goals and eight assists and in his last 24 games, he has eight goals and 19 assists.The Rangers are 11-6 in the last 17 meetings against Columbus while 11 of the last 12 encounters with the Blue Jackets have been decided by two goals or fewer. The Philadelphia Flyers announced the firing of general manager Ron Hextall on Monday after three-plus seasons.Team president Paul Holmgren issued a statement:"The Flyers organization has decided to relieve Ron Hextall of his duties as executive vice president and general manager. We thank Ron for his many significant contributions, but it has become clear that we no longer share the same philosophical approach concerning the direction of the team.In light of these differences, we feel it's in the organization's best interests to make a change, effective immediately. I have already begun a process to identify and select our next general manager, which we hope to complete as soon as possible."Philadelphia is 13th in the Eastern Conference and seventh in the Metropolitan Division, having lost of five of their past six games. The two-time Stanley Cup champions also have the second-worst goal differential in the East.The Flyers made the playoffs in two of Hextall's first three seasons as GM but were eliminated in the first round each time. The franchise has missed the postseason only four times since 1994-95.Coach Dave Hakstolvoiced his opinionto the media onHextall's firing:"It's a tough morning, a tough morning for all of us. Certainly for me, personally. Ron brought me here to do a job Vancouver Canucks Hats Authentic , and I'm going to continue to focus and work at doing that job to the best of my abilities. That's what I told the players. We've got a job to do today. Let's go out and do it to the best of our abilities. We're not where we want to be. We have a better hockey team than we're at record-wise. We all got to own that."Players seemed to be taking the news hard as well."I don't know what's going to be the next step, but we can tell that nobody is safe, and it's all about winning," forward Jake Voracek told the media.
Chủ đề: Nikita Kucherov reached a personal   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 20/03/2019 lúc 08:31:11(UTC)
TAMPA Sidney Crosby Jersey , Fla. (AP) milestone and helped the Tampa Bay Lightning move closer to clinching the top spot in the Eastern Conference.Kucherov became the second player in the NHL to reach 100 points this season, and the Lightning took a two-point lead in the Atlantic Division by beating the Buffalo Sabres 7-5 Friday night.Kucherov scored in the first period and got his 100th point assisting on Dan Girardi’s goal 1:04 into the second that gave Tampa Bay a 4-2 lead.”It’s something special,” Kucherov said. ”I’ll definitely remember it the rest of my life.”Edmonton’s Connor McDavid tops the league with 106 points. According to the NHL, this is the first season since 2009-10 with multiple 100-point players.The Lightning got two goals from Anthony Cirelli, while Yanni Gourde, Brayden Point and Victor Hedman also scored. Alex Killorn had three assists and Andrei Vasilevskiy stopped 27 shots.Tampa Bay can wrap up the division title and the best record in the East with a win in its season finale Saturday night at Carolina, or a loss by second-place Boston in either of its final two games.”Is there anything else that needs to be said?” Lightning coach Jon Cooper said. ”Win a hockey game, win the division.”The Lightning played their second consecutive game without center Steven Stamkos (lower-body injury), who is expected to be back for the playoffs.Casey Mittelstadt and Alexander Nylander each got his first NHL goal for the last-place Sabres. The Elias Sports Bureau says it was first time two Buffalo players got their first goals in the same game since May 3, 1995, when Curtis Brown and Wayne Primeau accomplished the feat.Jason Pominville, Jordan Nolan and Kyle Okposo also scored for Buffalo, and Chad Johnson had 27 saves.”We made too many mistakes,” Mittelstadt said.After Girardi scored, Buffalo got goals from Pominville, Nolan and Okposo Dougie Hamilton Jersey Womens , during a power play, to go ahead 5-4 after the second period.The Lightning rallied on third-period goals 47 seconds apart by Cirelli (6:15) and Point (7:02) in taking a 6-5 advantage. Hedman added an empty-netter.”We didn’t play well in the second and came back in the third, and played the right way,” Kucherov said.Sabres center Jack Eichel called the blown lead ”frustrating.””I thought, maybe, we got a little passive,” Eichel said.The teams combined for five goals in the opening 9:40 of the game. Gourde, who put Tampa Bay up 3-2, set team records for goals (25) and points (64) by a rookie.Cirelli and Kucherov also had first-period goals for the Lightning, while Mittelstadt, on the power play, and Nylander scored the Buffalo goals.NOTES: Gourde’s goal was his first in 14 games. … This was the 22nd time in 81 games that Buffalo (16-1-5) led after two periods.UP NEXTSabres: Close out the regular season Saturday night at Florida.Lightning: Will look to extend their franchise-record breaking road win total to 26 against the Hurricanes. The trade deadline is fast approaching in the NHL, and there is a great deal of anticipation about the number and type of deals that will be made prior to Monday afternoon's finish line.The Boston Bruins and Minnesota Wild got things started Wednesday, when the Bruinsacquired forward Charlie Coyle from the Wild for 2018 Olympic hero Ryan Donato and a fifth-round choice in the upcoming draft.The Washington Capitals acquired the speedy Carl Hagelin from the Los Angeles Kings Thursday for a 2019 third-round selection and a conditional 2020 sixth-round draft pick, per the league's website.Those deals could set the table for much larger trades involving big-name players from the Philadelphia Flyers, Columbus Blue Jackets and Ottawa Senators.Power forward Wayne Simmonds is viewed as a potential big prize for any team that trades for him. The Flyers have been playing much better hockey in recent weeks http://www.officialsharks.com/authentic-adidas-brent-burns-jersey , although they were punished 5-1 by the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday night. Losses at this point in the season could force the Flyers into giving up their playoff hopes and becoming sellers.Simmonds, 30, is perhaps the most valuable trade asset on the Philadelphia roster. He will be a free agent at the end of the season, and TSN hockey writer Frank Seravalli reported that the Flyers have not presented the wing with a new contract offer.While Seravalli said that option has not been ruled out, he reportedthatseveral teams have contacted Philadelphia general manager Chuck Fletcher about Simmonds' services.Those teams include the Tampa Bay Lightning, Winnipeg Jets, Nashville Predators and Boston Bruins. Simmonds has a modified no-trade contract, and he would have to give his permission to consent to a trade.Simmonds says he is trying to concentrate on playing the game and is not listening to the rumors."I've been focused on playing hockey," Simmonds said, per Seravalli. "Guys are having fun again, finally."The 30-year-old has 16 goals and 11 assists to this point in the season, after scoring 24 goals and 46 points last season. The 6'2", 185-pound wing has eclipsed 30 goals twice in his career.The Columbus Blue Jackets have a big decision to make in the days leading up to the deadline regarding high-scoring winger Artemi Panarin.The sharpshooter has indicated on several occasions that he was not going to sign a contract during the season and is willing to go to free agency at the end of the season to find out how much he is worth.That means the Blue Jackets would not get a player or assets in return if Panarin signed with another team in the summer. The problem for general manager JarmoKekalainen is that the Jackets have hopes of not only getting into the postseason but also winning a series or two in the Stanley Cup playoffs.How would that be possible if they decided to tradePanarin, who has scored 24 goals and 67 points this season? Panarin's ability to hit the corners of the net with his quick-as-a-hiccup wrist shot makes him a valuable asset for the Blue Jackets or any team that wants to trade for him.In the weeks and months prior to the deadline, the Jackets have said they wanted major assets in return for Panarin, but since he is set to become a free agent Julien Gauthier Jersey Womens , they may have to rethink their position.If Columbus doesn't think it can win the Stanley Cup this year, it is almost certainly better off getting decent assets in return if there is no bidding war for his services.Craig Custance of The Athletic reported that the teams that are apparently the front-runners for Panarin are the New York Islanders, New York Rangers and the Florida Panthers. Neither the Rangers nor the Panthers appear likely to make the playoffs this year, so if either acquired Panarin, they would be trying to sign him to a long-term deal.The Islanders are in first place in the Metropolitan Division, and they have one of the game's shrewdest executives in Lou Lamoriello.One of Custance's sources believesLamoriellowould be capable of convincing Panarin to sign long term if the Islanders acquired him."I think Loucan get him signed," a source said, per Custance.It is also vital to keep an eye on the Ottawa Senators prior to the trade deadline. The Senators are in last place in the Atlantic Division and the Eastern Conference and have little hope of going to the playoffs.However, the Senators have three assets in Mark Stone (28 goals), Matt Duchene (27 goals) and Ryan Dzingel (22 goals), who are all valuable offensive players.Ottawa general manager Pierre Dorion held out all three for Ottawa's Thursday night game against the New Jersey Devils, indicating there is clear interest in those players from teams looking to acquire talent before Monday's deadline.
Chủ đề: The Pittsburgh Penguins announced   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 20/03/2019 lúc 08:20:00(UTC)
that captain Sidney Crosby would return to the lineup Wednesday against the Dallas Stars after he missed one week with an upper-body injury.Crosby suffered the setback against the New Jersey Devils on Nov. 13 and sat for three games.The Pens went 0-2-1 during his absence and have tumbled into a tie for last place in the Eastern Conference with the Devils at just 18 points.While the exact nature of Crosby's injury is unclear Montreal Canadiens T-Shirts Authentic , Penguins head coach Mike Sullivan noted it wasn't a concussion, according toESPN.com.Through 16 games this season, Crosby has registered eight goals and 11 assists for 19 points, placing him third on the team behind Evgeni Malkin (27 points) and Phil Kessel (24 points).The 31-year-old Crosby is already considered an all-time great, with two Art Ross Trophies (most points in a season), two Hart Memorial Trophies (regular-season MVP) and two Conn Smythe Trophies (playoff MVP) to his credit. He'salso a three-time Stanley Cup champion who has registered 1,135 points in 880 career regular-season games.His production has waned in recent years, though, as he hasn't reached 90 points in a season since he racked up 104 in 2013-14.Crosby has finished each of the past two campaigns with 89 points.The Pens are in the midst of one of their worst runs in recent memory, as they are on a four-game losing streak and have lost nine of their past 10 games after starting the season 6-1-2.Pittsburgh is just two seasons removed from winning its second consecutive Stanley Cup, and it reached the second round of the playoffs in 2017-18.Crosby will attempt to get the Penguins back on track Wednesday against the 11-8-2 Stars. CHICAGO (AP) When Joe Serpico closes his eyes, he can go right back to that day in 1961.Serpico’s big Italian family gathered for cake and coffee for his 10th birthday. On a table full of presents Montreal Canadiens Hoodies Authentic , there was one unwrapped Wieboldt’s department store box from uncle Jerry ”The Barber” Del Giudice – a pair of game-worn jerseys from Chicago Blackhawks stars Bobby Hull and Glenn Hall – a moment of pure joy that stayed with Serpico forever.”I knew their birthdays, I knew these guys, this was my whole life, was hockey,” he said, ”and at 10 years old to get a gift coming from the two of them was phenomenal.”Serpico, born and raised in Chicago, grew up, got married and had five children with his wife Linda, four girls and one boy. The jerseys went along for the ride, tucked away for safe keeping. But that changes this weekend, when bidding on the signed Hull jersey comes to an end as part of Heritage Auctions’ Platinum Night Auction.Serpico Montreal Canadiens Hats Authentic , 66, wore the Hull jersey when he touched the Stanley Cup a couple years ago – a surprise present from one of his daughters – and something changed.”That was on my bucket list,” he said, ”and I feel like, maybe I could share it with somebody else. I hope it ends up in the right hands. I don’t know. … I’m having a hard time letting it go.”Serpico’s uncle was a colorful character who served as the team barber for decades, becoming friendly with Hull, Hall and several other players. He went to the old Chicago Stadium to cut their hair on Wednesdays, or they would come to one of the family barbershops on the weekend on occasion, creating lines of kids looking for autographs that ran around the block, according to Serpico.Hull and Hall were packing up after the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup in 1961 when Del Guidice mentioned Serpico’s birthday was coming up.”He was down there and he said `Hey, you know in a couple weeks is Joey’s birthday. It’d be nice if I brought him something,’ and Bobby and Glenn threw him a jersey Custom Montreal Canadiens Jerseys ,” Serpico said. ”That’s the story that was given to me.”Hull was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1983, and there is a statue of him outside of the United Center in Chicago. The high-scoring forward played 15 of his 23 seasons with the Blackhawks, but Chris Ivy, the director of the sports category for Heritage, said game-worn Hull jerseys from his Chicago days are ”pretty scarce.””I’d say there’s only a handful of them known in the hobby,” he said. ”Now there is some from his other teams. There’s some from the Jets and from Hartford. But the Blackhawks jerseys, there’s not a whole lot.”Heritage analyzed Serpico’s jersey – looking at the numbers, the fonts and other parts of the sweater – and determined it’s from the 1958-59 season, Hull’s second year in the league.”This may be one where his uncle asked either Hull or the equipment manager, you know, Hull said `Hey, I want to give a jersey away to my buddy. Do you have an old one laying around?”’ Ivy said www.officialpredators.com , ”and I suspect that’s how they got a jersey in ’61 that had actually been used a couple years previous.”Decades after Serpico got the jerseys from his beloved uncle, he got each of them signed.Hall asked Serpico to try on his No. 1 sweater one last time, and the Hall of Fame goaltender later sent Serpico a hand-written letter thanking him for being a fan. Hull’s No. 9 was retired by the Blackhawks – like Hall and No. 1 – but the jersey up for auction is No. 16, which Hull wore for a short time at the beginning of his career. And Hull was impressed by Serpico’s knowledge of the numbers from his career.”Bobby looked at me and he started laughing. He’s like `OK, so you do remember a lot of the history,”’ Serpico said.Del Guidice died a few years ago at age 81, and Serpico said he wishes his uncle was still around to share his own stories. Serpico’s family lived in the same Chicago neighborhood when he was growing up, and his uncle served as his godfather for confirmation and a consistent resource in his life.While the Hull jersey is heading for another home – ”I don’t even know if I’ve done the right thing about it,” Serpico said – Hall’s sweater is staying put. Probably forever.”My son’s comment … if he was here, he’d tell you `My dad’s going to be buried in that jersey and only that jersey,”’ a chuckling Serpico said.—Online:Heritage Auctions: https://www.ha.com—Jay Cohen can be reached at http://www.twitter.com/jcohenap
Chủ đề: The NHL announced Thursday that   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 20/03/2019 lúc 08:08:43(UTC)
Washington Capitals winger Alex Ovechkin Authentic Christian McCaffrey Jersey , Edmonton Oilers center Connor McDavid, Toronto Maple Leafs center Auston Matthews and Colorado Avalanche center Nathan MacKinnon will be the four captains for the 2019 NHL All-Star Game.As has been the case in recent years, the 2019 NHL All-Star Game will be a four-team tournament featuring three-on-three play.The event will take place Jan. 26 at SAP Center in San Jose, California.Ovechkin will captain the Metropolitan Division team after leading the Caps to their first Stanley Cup win in team history last season.The seven-time Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy winner as the NHL's top goal scorer leads the NHL this season with 29 goals, and his 44 points are tied for 12th in the league.McDavid, 21, continues to add accolades to his already remarkable resume at a young age, and he will lead the Pacific Division for the third straight season.The one-time Hart Memorial Trophy winner is fourth in the NHL this season with 52 points, and his 33 assists are tied for seventh among all players.Matthews has been limited to just 23 games this season because of injury, but it hasn't stopped him from putting up elite numbers.He is tied for 14th in the NHL with 19 goals and has registered 34 points overall. His 1.48 points-per-game average is fifth in the NHL, just slightly behindMcDavid's mark of 1.49.Matthews will be the captain for the Atlantic Division.MacKinnonmay not receive as much hype or notoriety as the other captains, but he is arguably having a better year than any of them.After being named a Hart Trophy finalist last season, the Central Division captain has shown this season that his breakout campaign wasn't a fluke.MacKinnon's 56 points are third in the NHL this season behind only teammateMikkoRantanen's 59 and Tampa Bay Lightning winger Nikita Kucherov's 57.Also,MacKinnon's plus-15 rating is the best among this year's All-Star captains.The rest of the All-Star rosters will be chosen by theNHL Hockey Operations Department and revealed in January. WASHINGTON (AP) — A Stanley Cup championship banner rose to the rafters at the home of the Washington Capitals for the first time, and everyone in attendance Wednesday night got to relive the sheer excitement of it all.Alex Ovechkin and the other players, who craned their necks to see the video montages of last season on the overhead scoreboard — and couldn’t help but smile. Coaches http://www.pantherscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-christian-mccaffrey-jersey , too, including new head man Todd Reirden. Not to mention the owner and the GM and the assistant equipment manager and anyone else on staff.And, importantly, the 18,506 fans, decked out in their jerseys — most of them in the team’s main color, red, so many with Ovechkin’s No. 8. They sang along to “We Are the Champions!” in full throat and shook their team-distributed glow sticks during a half-hour ceremony before Washington opened the regular season by beating the Boston Bruins 7-0 behind a pair of goals from Evgeny Kuznetsov and one apiece from Ovechkin, Oshie, Nic Dowd, John Carlson and Lars Eller.“Gave me chills. I was just looking up and I was hearing the crowd sing that song,” center Nicklas Backstrom said, then added with a laugh: “I want to experience that again.”Those fans roared at any mention of “champions.” Or any clip of Ovechkin. Or, especially, when there were glimpses of “The Save” by Braden Holtby in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final against the Vegas Golden Knights, and Eller’s Cup-winning goal in Game 5 Baker Mayfield Jersey Elite , and Ovechkin kissing the trophy for the first time back on June 7. One thing missing from the festivities: any mention or image of Barry Trotz, the coach who led the team to the trophy then left in a contract dispute, replaced by promoted assistant Reirden.Each burst of cheers sounded as if the games from months ago were being played all over again.“When you’re part of something like that,” said Oshie, who scored 24 seconds into the game, “how can you not be excited to get going and try to do it again?”The banner signifying the NHL championship was revealed toward the end of the festivities, slowly lifted to the ceiling, its rise paused long enough for the players to gather on the ice in front of it for photos, the Stanley Cup itself resting nearby on the ice.There already were five red banners hanging from the rafters to signify some sort of accomplishment by the Capitals: Three represent a total of 11 division titles, one marks the team’s pair of Eastern Conference titles, and the last celebrates a trio of Presidents’ Trophy triumphs.None, of course, is quite as significant as the piece of material hoisted on this night.“Kind of a historic moment for us. I’ve always said it’s nice to be a part of it; it’s nice to be in this organization,” Ovechkin said after the game. “Tonight, we had so many emotions, so much fun out there http://www.clevelandbrownsteamonline.com/baker-mayfield-jersey , and you can see how we played.”Drafted No. 1 overall in 2004, Ovechkin has scored more than 600 goals and won three league MVP awards as one of hockey’s most prominent (gap-toothed) faces. He also became Washington’s captain along the way and, therefore, the first player in franchise history to get to grab the Stanley Cup.He carried it again Wednesday, bringing it onto the ice and taking a half-lap around the rink — serenaded by “Ovi! Ovi!” — as the last player introduced. The Capitals won their title on the road at Las Vegas, so this was chance for the Cup to be shown off at home.That famous silver chalice, etched for the first time with the Capitals’ names, made a trek around the nation’s capital throughout Wednesday. Not only did the Capitals put an end to their own futility, they also earned the first championship for any of the city’s teams in the four North American major professional sports leagues since the NFL’s Redskins won the Super Bowl in 1992.“They made it OK to believe,” said ceremony emcee John Walton, the Capitals’ radio voice.“Let’s go, Caps!” rang out in the stands as the banner’s rise concluded.That chant shifted to “Back-to-back!” when the ceremony ended with Ovechkin skating the Cup off the ice. After giving it a parting kiss, he placed it in its black carrying case, the celebration over, the title defense soon off to quite a start.
Chủ đề: British Columbia —   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 12/03/2019 lúc 10:18:44(UTC)
VANCOUVER Bobby Orr Jersey , Tomas Tatar is helping Montreal Canadiens fans forget about former captain Max Pacioretty.Tatar, considered an afterthought in the offseason trade that sent Pacioretty to Vegas, has five goals in his past five games as the upstart Habs (10-6-3) prepare to visit the Vancouver Canucks (10-9-2) on Saturday.“There have been some great additions to the team over the summer and (Tatar’s) been one of them,” Montreal coach Claude Julien told reporters Friday after a practice at the University of British Columbia.Article continues below ...Junior star Nick Suzuki was considered Montreal’s key acquisition in the package deal with the Golden Knights. But after managing just 34 points with Detroit and Vegas combined last season, Tatar, 27, has recorded eight goals and eight assists in 19 games with the Canadiens.“He’s added a punch to our team,” said Julien.Accordingly, the Habs, who made a point of getting younger and faster in the offseason, are showing that they will be playoff contenders after missing the postseason in 2017-18. But Tatar http://www.officialbruinsproonline.com/authentic-adidas-brad-marchand-jersey , who had just four goals and two assists with Vegas after leaving Detroit at the trade deadline, attributed his renewed offensive prowess to the club’s overall play.“I think it’s a team success,” he told reporters after the workout. “When the team is doing well, the individuals are standing up, too. The whole team is playing really well and we’re fortunate to score enough goals.”Truth be told, the Habs have played quite well at times and poorly at others — in the past week alone. The Canadiens pulled out a 3-2 win in Calgary on Thursday, but were humiliated 6-2 in Edmonton two nights earlier. Julien called the setback his team’s worst performance of the season.Meanwhile, the injury-ravaged Canucks are also looking for more consistency. Following an unexpected hot start to their season, the Canucks will play their first home game since their dismal 1-3-2 road trip. They need to get more output from young players not named Elias Pettersson. The 20-year-old rookie has gone pointless in the past four games after producing 10 goals and seven assists in his first 11 contests.Fellow rookie Adam Gaudette is showing signs that he could do more. Promoted from the minors due to the rash of injuries, Gaudette, 22 Youth Brandon Carlo Jersey , posted an assist in Thursday’s loss in Minnesota.The Braintree, Minn., native has yet to score a goal after playing 16 games with the Canucks this season and five contests in 2017-18 after his final collegiate campaign with Northeastern, where he earned the Hobey Baker award as the top U.S. college player. But he has not looked out of place with the Canucks after being expected to spend most of this season in the minors. He is trying to stick through strong two-way play rather than the offensive talents that he displayed in college.“You know, I’m not worried about the scoring right now,” he told Sportsnet.ca. “Once I get one, hopefully, (the production) will start rolling. Every game, every shift, I just feel more and more like I belong out there.”The center was promoted on an emergency basis after middlemen Brandon Sutter and Jay Beagle went down with injuries. Gaudette has effectively displaced versatile forward Brendan Gaunce, who can play both center and wing. Gaunce has been banished to the press box for the past six games — after producing three points in his previous two outings.“Gaunce can play Womens Charlie McAvoy Jersey , but I haven’t found a spot that makes sense,” Canucks coach Travis Green told Postmedia. “And, I’m not going to play a guy just to play.”That comment could be tacit praise for Gaudette — and a warning to underachieving Canucks. DULLES, Va. (AP) Barry Trotz thought of mentors and friends Jack Button, Tommy Ebright, David Poile and Wayne Fleming when he lifted the Stanley Cup over his head.The Washington coach didn’t think about his future, the same approach he has taken all season and playoffs.”I wasn’t getting consumed with what was said, what my future holds, whatever,” Trotz said. ”I’m in a pretty good spot.”Trotz was in as good a spot as imaginable Friday as he and the Capitals landed back home in the Washington area with the Stanley Cup in tow. The celebration will last through the parade Tuesday, but once that’s done Danton Heinen Jersey Kids , the work begins for Brian MacLellan to try to re-sign Trotz, top defenseman John Carlson and other free agents.After not extending Trotz’s contract last summer, ownership and general manager Brian MacLellan now hope to keep him around. MacLellan said after winning the Cup that Trotz will be back if he wants to be.Trotz and Carlson, who set a franchise record for playoff points by a defenseman, can be free agents July 1 along with unlikely postseason hero Devante Smith-Pelly, trade-deadline acquisition Michal Kempny and longtime glue guy Jay Beagle. Washington will have to do some salary-cap maneuvering to keep Carlson, Smith-Pelly and Kempny in the fold but can break the bank for Trotz.
Chủ đề: The Toronto Maple Leafs scored in bunches through seven games.   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 12/03/2019 lúc 10:05:53(UTC)
TORONTO (AP) — The St. Louis Blues showed that goals don’t always come that easily.Ryan O’Reilly scored his first goal with St. Louis Adidas Chris Wagner Jersey , and Jake Allen made 22 saves as the Blues beat the Maple Leafs 4-1 on Saturday night.Robert Bortuzzo, Zach Sanford and Ivan Barbashev also scored, and David Perron added two assists for St. Louis, which picked up its second victory in seven games this season.Morgan Rielly scored for Toronto. Frederik Andersen stopped 21 of 24 shots as the Leafs dropped consecutive games after five straight wins.“We scored early, we scored easy, it was pretty loose and everything was great,” Leafs head coach Mike Babcock said. “Now we’re finding out it’s the NHL, it’s hard to score, teams compete hard on you, teams adjust and they’re going to play you hard. We’ve got to get our mojo back by going to work and we’ll do that.“Not good enough.”Toronto had scored an NHL-high 33 goals in seven games to open the season. But the Maple Leafs were shut out by the Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday and were scoreless in two periods against the Blues, going 116 minutes 37 seconds without a goal until Rielly cut the deficit to 3-1 early in the third.“There have been some adjustments by our opponents,” said Toronto center John Tavares Adidas Joakim Nordstrom Jersey , who finished with two shot attempts. “We have to stick to what we do well and can’t get away from it.“We know teams are going to adjust and teams are going to try and make it tough on us.”The game marked the return of center Tyler Bozak, who left for St. Louis in free agency this summer after nine seasons with the Leafs.The Blues came into the game with just one win in their first six games after an offseason roster overhaul that saw Bozak, O’Reilly, Perron and Pat Maroon brought in. St. Louis was convinced it was close to putting things together, despite early season struggles.After a scoreless first period, St. Louis went ahead at 4:45 of the second when Bortuzzo’s point shot went off the stick of Toronto defenseman Travis Dermott and bounced past Andersen.Andersen made a nice stop on Brayden Schenn later in the period, but could do nothing on Sanford’s high shot at 13:05 that made it 2-0.O’Reilly, picked up in a blockbuster trade with the Buffalo Sabres in the offseason, then scored his first for St. Louis at 16:37, when he was left alone in front, took a pass from Vladimir Tarasenko and beat Andersen as a Leafs penalty expired.“That looked a lot more like the St. Louis Blues,” said head coach Mike Yeo Timothy Liljegren Jersey Womens , whose team snapped a three-game slide. “The guys came out (and) gave us a great response.”The Leafs, who were outshot by the Blues 13-8 through the first 40 minutes, had 1:32 of a power play to start the third. But Nazem Kadri’s shot in tight hit Allen and then the post.Rielly, who came in leading NHL defensemen in scoring with 10 points, scored at 4:22 of the third when his shot from the slot squeezed through Allen for his fourth.The Leafs’ top-ranked power play went to work again with 7:10 left in regulation, but Allen stopped Patrick Marleau on the doorstep before Toronto’s Andreas Johnsson went off for holding the stick with seven seconds left in the man advantage.The Leafs pulled Andersen with just over three minutes remaining, and a Jaden Schwartz penalty made for a 6-on-4 advantage. But Allen and the Blues hung tough before Barbashev scored into an empty net with 1:43 remaining as Toronto fell to 2-3-0 at home.NOTES: Bozak was honored during the game’s first television timeout with a video montage from the 32-year-old’s time in Toronto. … St. Louis defenseman Jay Bouwmeester, a veteran of 1,112 NHL games, was a healthy scratch for the first time in his 16-year career.UP NEXTToronto: At Winnipeg on Wednesday.St. Louis: At Winnipeg on Monday. OTTAWA — Brady Tkachuk is making up for lost time.In the process, the Ottawa Senators rookie is also working himself into the early season Calder Trophy conversation.Tkachuk, who on Nov. 8 returned from a leg injury that sidelined him for 11 games Antoine Roussel Jersey Womens , scored twice to propel the Senators to a 4-3 comeback win on Tuesday in Philadelphia that stopped the team’s losing streak at four games. He also had an assist to give him five points in two games and 16 in 14 games this season.Article continues below ...With nine goals, Tkachuk has already surpassed the eight he had in 40 games last season at Boston University. And his recent point surge has him tied with teammate Colin White for second place among rookie scorers, five behind Vancouver’s Elias Peterson.The fourth overall selection in last spring’s NHL entry draft has also provided the Senators with the physical, gritty winger they’ve long lacked.“He brings something a little different,” teammate Matt Duchene told the Ottawa Sun. “I don’t think we have a power forward quite like him on the team. When we drafted him, that was something I was excited about, to have a guy like that.“I played with Gabriel Landeskog in Colorado and I told (Tkachuk) they’re very similar players in the stuff they do. They crash and bang, they have good hands and feet and they can see the ice at the same time. You can see the reasons he was such a high pick.”The Senators (10-12-3) will anxiously return to Canadian Tire Centre for Thursday’s game against the New York Rangers. They are 7-4-2 on home ice.The Rangers (13-10-2) have had a break since beating the Senators 4-2 on Monday in New York. That win was not without its cost. Forward Vladislav Namestnikov landed in concussion protocol after a collision with Ottawa’s Thomas Chabot.The Rangers will also be without winger Mats Zuccarello, who is dealing with a groin problem. With only 11 healthy forwards, Rangers coach Dave Quinn said he might have to go to use seven defenceman against Ottawa by dressing former Senators player Fredrik Claesson.“I don’t love it, but it is on the table,” Quinn Tim Schaller Jersey Womens , who coached Tkachuk at Boston University, told the New York Post of the 7-11 format. “I want to get Freddie back in. He didn’t deserve to come out.”Henrik Lundqvist is expected to be in goal for the Rangers. In 41 career games against the Senators, he has a sagging 17-20-3 record but a strong 2.16 goals-against average and .928 save percentage.The Senators will start Craig Anderson, who has a 12-7-3 record against the Rangers that includes a sparkling 1.87 goals-against average and .940 save percentage.The Senators, who are among the league leaders in goals scored, have also surrendered a league-high 107.Anderson has substantial leads in goalie categories that reflect the defensive struggles of his team. Heading into Wednesday, he had faced in excess of 100 more shots (788) than the second busiest goalie in the league. He was also a long way in front of the pack in saves (709) and goals against (79).