logo

Thông báo

Icon
Error

Lý lịch: laiyongcai92
Tên sử dụng: laiyongcai92 Offline
Gia nhập: 15-10-2018(UTC)
Lần cuối đăng nhập: 23/01/2019 lúc 03:20:00(UTC)
Số bài viết: 127
[0.09% trên tổng số bài viết / 1.25 bài trên ngày]
Số lần cảm ơn 0 (View Thanks)
Số lần được cảm ơn 0
Số bài viết được cảm ơn 0
Numer of Reputation received from other users 0
Xem tất cả các bài của thành viên này
Chủ đề: WASHINGTON (AP) — The Milwaukee Brewers   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 23/01/2019 lúc 03:19:59(UTC)
last made the playoffs seven years ago. With a chance to end that rut Travis Shaw Jersey , they’ve been aggressive in remaking their roster.Milwaukee brought in three more veterans on Friday, the deadline for traded players to be eligible to postseason play. They snagged left-handed starter Gio Gonzalez from the Washington Nationals, steady outfielder Curtis Granderson from the Toronto Blue Jays and lefty reliever Xavier Cedeno from the Chicago White Sox.Milwaukee was active, too, ahead of the non-waiver trade deadline on July 31, acquiring infielders Mike Moustakas and Jonathan Schoop. The Brewers hold the second NL wild-card spot and trail the first-place Chicago Cubs by four games in the NL Central.Gonzalez and Granderson both have postseason experience. Gonzalez won four NL East titles in a six-year stretch with the Nationals, and Granderson has reached the playoffs with four teams in his career — Detroit, the Yankees, the Mets and the Los Angeles Dodgers.Gonzalez changed from a Nationals uniform into a Brewers sweatshirt and cap after Milwaukee beat Washington 4-1 on Friday night for its third straight win. Leaving Washington was emotional for the left-hander, who is nonetheless excited about the opportunity.“I grew up here. I had my family here, my wife and my kids. It’s just sad but I’m happy Paul Molitor Jersey ,” Gonzalez said. “I’m really happy. I’m getting a second chance to redeem myself and I think this is a perfect opportunity with a team like the Brewers. I see there’s a hopefully a brighter future for me (with Milwaukee).”The 32-year-old Gonzalez, who will be a free agent after the season, has a career record of 124-97 with a 3.71 ERA in 308 games (302 starts) with Oakland and Washington. This year, he’s 7-11 with a 4.57 ERA in 27 starts.“The track record’s important, the success he’s had is important and we feel like we’re adding a good pitcher to our staff,” Brewers manager Craig Counsell said.Counsell said it’s possible that Gonzalez would work out of the bullpen.“Look, we’re at the stage where we’re just getting outs and we’re gonna try to get 27 outs a game,” Cousell said. “If there’s a spot to use him in relief, I would consider that as I would for all these guys.”The 37-year-old Granderson is batting .245 with 11 home runs and 35 RBIs in 104 games this season. He has 330 homers in 15 major league seasons and has played in 57 postseason games, batting .227 with nine homers.“You’re surprised because you never know what’s going to happen. You hear all kinds of rumblings and things. There’s no reason to get worked up over anything until something happens,” Granderson said after he had a pinch-hit single in Toronto’s 6-5 win over Miami.“But I’m also excited getting a chance to go to a team that has a chance to get to the playoffs. So I am super excited to join them http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-robin-yount-jersey ,” he said.Cedeno was 2-0 with a 2.84 ERA in 33 appearances for Chicago.“We’re just trying to fortify the roster as best we can and give ourselves options and depth for whatever happens in this month,” Counsell said about the Cedeno deal. Mike Moustakas' time in Kansas City has come to an end just days before Tuesday's non-waiver trade deadline. The Milwaukee Brewers announced Saturdaythat they have acquired the 29-year-old from the Royals in exchange for minor leaguers Brett Phillips and Jorge Lopez.Jeffrey Flanagan of MLB.com first reported the news.Moustakas had been a member of the Kansas City organization since the Royals took him with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2007 MLB draft. He leaves town having piled up a .251 batting average, 139 home runsand 441RBI in 934 games in his seven-plus seasons with the Royals andrankingeighthin franchise history in long balls.When it drafted Moustakas, Kansas City was trying to break a playoff drought that had lasted more than two decades. It took some time, but the core of Moustakas, Eric Hosmer, Alex Gordon and Lorenzo Cain eventually snapped it in 2014. One year later, they helped raise the club's second World Series banner.Unfortunately for Royals fans, the core became too expensive to keep. Cain and Hosmer left in free agency during the offseason, while Moustakas eventually returned after having a tough time on the open market. He turned down a $17.4 million qualifying offer at the beginning of the offseason, according to Jason Beck of MLB.com Matt Garza Jersey , and wound up signing a one-year, $6.5 million deal with a mutual option for 2019.Moustakas will now change uniforms for the first time in his career and have the opportunity to jump right into a pennant race. With six home runs in 31 career postseason games, he has proved he can come through in big moments.Milwaukee boldly boosted its outfield during the offseason by acquiring Christian Yelich and Cain. While those moves helped establish the Brewers as contenders, they find themselves in a battle in the National League Central.They hope adding an All-Star and a champion like Moustakas can put them over the top.Travis Shaw (19home runs) has provided pop at the hot corner, but Moustakas is a more established player. The Brewers can shift Shaw to second to give themselves one of the most powerful infields in baseball, with Moustakas and first baseman Jesus Aguilar (25 home runs) also bringing the lumber. They could use Shaw at first and in the outfield as well.Milwaukee was in the Manny Machado sweepstakes before the Baltimore Orioles shipped the All-Star to the Los Angeles Dodgers. Although Machado was the prize of the deadline, Moustakas can be a game-changer as well.
Chủ đề: We're fast approaching the 4 p.m. ET   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 23/01/2019 lúc 03:09:22(UTC)
MLB trade deadline http://www.oriolesfanproshop.com/authentic-ubaldo-jimenez-jersey , and things about to get nuclear.We've already seen a bunch of notable deals go down involving players such as Manny Machado, Zach Britton, J.A. Happ and Mike Moustakas, but the fun won't stop there.We will be getting rumors up until the last minute, so it's time to examine some of the ones we have at the moment.Could we see any more major players get moved? Have the biggest splashes already been made?Let's start with a rumor buzzing around one of the best players in the entire league.Harper the Subject of RumorsIt should be prefaced that this is highly unlikely, but Washington Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper has made his way into the rumor mill.Perhaps the rumors began when Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo said it would take "something extreme," according to Joel Sherman of New York Post, to lure Harper away from D.C.Jon Heyman ofFancredhas dispelled some of those rumors, by stating the Nationals want to lock him up for the long term, they're in striking distance of the NL East and the team is mostly back to being healthy:Jon Heyman JonHeymanRivals believe there almost no chance nats will market/trade Bryce Harper in 28-hour window that exists. 1. They want to sign him long-term. 2. They are within striking distance of 2 young teams. 3. They have team mostly back together (except Strasburg).However, even with that stance, the Nationals have reportedly had discussions with the Cleveland Indians about Harper, according to Jon Paul Morosiof MLB.com.Adding the 25-year-old would be revolutionary for their team heading into the postseason.The 2018 season hasn't been kind to Harper http://www.oriolesfanproshop.com/authentic-joey-rickard-jersey , who is batting just .220 despite his 25 home runs.He also has the exact amount of strikeouts he had in 2016 right now in 44 fewer games and 18 more than in 2017 in eight fewer games.On the open market, he will still net a monstrous contract despite this poor season, but that is one of the main reasons there are any rumors about him.That, and the fact he's in the final year of his deal, and there's real potential he could walk after this season.It would be unbelievable to see Harper get dealt. The trade package in return would deplete whichever farm system the team that receives him would have, such as the Indians'.Granderson Back to Yankees?With players such as outfielder Aaron Judge and catcher Gary Sanchez on the disabled list, the New York Yankees could look to add to their squad.The Yankees are looking for an extra hitter who playsthe outfield, according to Heyman, who also noted Toronto Blue Jays outfielder and former Yankee Curtis Granderson could be an option:Jon Heyman JonHeymanYankees looking for an extra hitter/OF with judge (and Sanchez and Frazier) out. Probably prefer a righty hitter. But the grandy man cgrand3 could be a potential fit.At 37, Granderson doesn't have a whole lot left in the tank. He has double-digit home runs (10), but his batting average is just .233 over 294 plate appearances.Granted, he would be a cheap asset to acquire and would be back on a familiar team, so perhaps he can be the Band-Aid fix they're seeking.Granderson isn't a player a team in 2018 should rely on Pedro Alvarez Jersey , but he should do just fine for a few weeks while they get healthy.He'd be cheap and would handle the role the Yankees are looking to fill. Nats Not Done with RealmutoIt seems the Nationals have their eyes on Miami Marlins catcher J.T. Realmuto.According to Craig Mish, a national sports radio host on SiriusXM, Marlins chief executive Derek Jeter would have the final call on whether to deal the 27-year-old:Craig Mish CraigMishFrom my understanding the Marlins amp;amp; Nationals discussions on Realmuto did not get to the point where ownership would need to sign off on the final deal (or veto it.) If they do progress, on Miamis side the one with the final call is Marlins CEO Derek Jeter.Heyman added that Nationals outfielder Victor Robles and shortstop Carter Kieboom could be considered for trading for the league's best catcher:Jon Heyman JonHeymannats and marlins havent closed door on Realmuto, so there could still be talks until Tuesday. last we heard, nats would consider including Robles or possibly kieboom, and marlins sought both for baseballs best catcher.Realmuto is an elite player in the big leagues, batting .311 with over a dozen home runs.As mentioned already, Washington is nipping at the heels of the Atlanta Braves and Philadelphia Phillies, and adding Realmuto would help its cause immeasurably.However, it sounds like they would need to trade two of their top prospects for a guy the Marlins are working out a long-term extension with.It's not totally impossible this deal goes down. At the end of the day, will the Nationals meet the Marlins' asking price to the point where they can't say no? Or do they hold on to their prospects and plan for a life without Harper after 2018?This could be a monumental decision that could heavily impact the Nationals organization.Statistics courtesy of Baseball Reference Mark Brown/Getty ImagesNew York Yankees manager Aaron Boone told reporters Friday he is "very optimistic" right fielder Aaron Judge will return this season, according to MLB.com's Bryan Hoch.However http://www.oriolesfanproshop.com/authentic-tim-beckham-jersey , Boone cautioned there is still no timetable in place.Judge, 26, was initially diagnosed with a chip fracture in his right wrist July 26. The Yankees placed him on the 10-day disabled list and announced he would miss at least three weeks.Judge has progressed slowly since then and, as ofTuesday, was still not swinging a bat.In the meantime, the Yankees haveacquiredoutfielder Andrew McCutchen from the San Francisco Giants to help fill the void in right field.The 2013 National League MVP, McCutchen logged a solid .798 OPS, four home runs and 11 RBI in August. On the season, he's hitting .255 with 15 homers, 55 RBI and 13 stolen bases.He will now team up with Giancarlo Stanton, Gleyber Torres and Miguel Andujar to bolster New York's batting order as the Yankees try to maintain a grip on the American League Wild Card lead.
Chủ đề: WASHINGTON (AP) — Trevor Rosenthal’s comeback   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 23/01/2019 lúc 03:00:25(UTC)
from his 2017 Tommy John surgery went so well http://www.arizonacardinalsteamonline.com/pat-tillman-jersey , the Washington Nationals newest reliever says he considered trying to get back to the majors last season.“The whole process has been very smooth. No hiccups. I felt really good the whole time. Almost too good,” Rosenthal said Monday during a conference call with reporters. “Especially there, after the All-Star break, I was kind of anxious, thinking I might be able to pitch before the season was over. But the plan all along from my doctor was just to take this year off, so we stuck with that plan.”Rosenthal, the former St. Louis Cardinals closer, agreed last week to a deal with the Nationals, who officially announced Saturday that they signed him.He joins holdover lefty closer Sean Doolittle at the back of Washington’s bullpen.Rosenthal said he hasn’t “really had too many conversations” yet with the Nationals about how they plan to use him.“Obviously, I mean, I think the plan is just being in high-leverage situations and hopefully, as a team, we’re winning a lot of games and have a lot of those opportunities to go around Authentic Josh Rosen Jersey ,” he said. “But for me, it’s not something where I need to know exactly what my role is going to be.”Rosenthal also said he doesn’t think there will be any sort of “hard stop or exact limitations to what I’m going to do,” in terms of number of innings or appearances as he returns from the reconstructive elbow surgery.In Washington, he’ll be reunited with Nationals pitching coach Derek Lilliquist, who used to hold that position with the Cardinals.The Nationals gave Rosenthal a 2019 contract that guarantees him $7 million and gives the righty a chance to earn an additional $8 million in performance bonuses. The agreement includes a $15 million conditional player option for 2020 that kicks in if Rosenthal appears in 50 games next year or has 30 games finished.The 28-year-old Rosenthal is a hard-thrower with 121 career saves, all for the Cardinals, including a career-high 48 in 2015, when he was an NL All-Star. He had 45 saves in 2014.He had only 14 saves in 2016, and 11 in 2017 before getting injured. Rosenthal was released by the Cardinals in November 2017, a few months after his operation.“By the time I started throwing, I was really chomping at the bit to get back into it. And I had done so much exercises and rehabilitation work that my arm probably felt the best it’s felt in the past five or six years,” Rosenthal said. “So I was excited to try it out — and also kind of let down when I did do my first throwing session and I realized that I was only allowed to throw it a maximum of 40 feet and for only so many throws. I was like, ‘Really? That was it?’ I’m used to throwing really hard for an extended amount of time http://www.arizonacardinalsteamonline.com/josh-rosen-jersey , every single day.” WASHINGTON — The Washington Nationals were expected to be in the midst of a pennant race as August wound down. Instead it is the Milwaukee Brewers who are in the running for a playoff spot.More Brewers coverageBrewers Final Pitch: Chacin dominates mound in Game 3 of NLCSChacin, Brewers blank Dodgers to take 2-1 lead in NLCSDespite struggles, No. 23 Badgers still have hope in Big TenStrong winds could be factor for Brewers, Dodgers in NLCS Game 3Photos of the Week: 10/7/18 – 10/13/18Milwaukee comes to Washington for three games beginning Friday after beating the Cincinnati Reds for the second straight day on Thursday.The Brewers (75-60) got a Lorenzo Cain homer in the 11th inning for a 2-1 win that left them a half-game behind the St. Louis Cardinals for the top wild-card spot in the National League. Milwaukee is five games behind first-place Chicago in the National League Central.Thursday’s win followed Milwaukee’s 13-12 victory in a 10-inning slugfest on Wednesday night.“I think the offense looked tired,” Brewers manager Craig Counsell told mlb.com after Thursday’s win, “but you grind through it and you play good defense. We made pitches and Lo Cain got the big hit.”Washington (67-67) begins a 10-game homestand against NL Central entries Milwaukee, St. Louis and Chicago while trying to remain in the playoff hunt coming off a 3-3 road trip. The Nationals are 7 1/2 games behind the first-place Braves in the NL East and nearly as far back in the wild-card race with four teams ahead of them for the No. 2 spot.Brewers right-hander Jhoulys Chacin (13-5, 3.61 ERA) opposes right-hander Tanner Roark (8-13, 3.95) in Friday’s opener.Roark has been a different pitcher since the All-Star break, stepping up when the Nationals needed someone to back up ace Max Scherzer. Roark is 5-1 with a 1.61 ERA in his last seven starts. During that stretch, he has struck out 37 batters and walked five.“You really just feel unhittable,” a grinning Roark recently told the Washington Post. “You feel like each pitch that you’re about to throw is untouchable, and that’s what you want as a pitcher.”He started that streak in Milwaukee when he blanked the Brewers for eight innings in a July 25 win. Roark struck out 11 and walked only one.Last time out he was an unlucky loser against the Mets Josh Rosen Jersey Limited , allowing one run and four hits in six innings of a 3-0 Mets win.Roark entered the All-Star break 3-12 — winless since June 6 — with a 4.87 ERA.“It’s been awesome,” Nationals manager Dave Martinez told the Post regarding Roark’s sharp turnaround. “Every time he goes out there we have a chance to win ballgames.”Roark is 4-1 with a 2.23 ERA in seven appearances (six starts) in his career versus the Brewers.Milwaukee’s Christian Yelich is 9-for-36 (.250) against Roark. Jonathan Schoop is 2-for-4 and both hits are homers.Chacin has also enjoyed a strong August. After allowing eight earned runs to the Dodgers on Aug. 2, he has surrendered just six earned runs while going 3-1 over his last four starts.“We talked in spring training that once Yelich and Cain came aboard, we kind of forgot about Chac铆n, and how important he can be,” Counsell told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “He’s ended up being really important.”The Brewers are 19-9 in games Chacin has started. He’s coming off a loss to the Pittsburgh Pirates in which he gave up three earned runs in six innings.Chacin beat the Nationals on July 23. He pitched 5 2/3 innings, allowing a run and two hits while striking out nine without a walk. In his career, he’s 4-2 with a 3.06 ERA in nine starts against Washington.Anthony Rendon is 4-for-14 (.286) versus Chacin, and Adam Eaton is 3-or-11 (.273) and Bryce Harper 0-for-6.
Chủ đề: CHICAGO (AP) — Cubs reliever   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 23/01/2019 lúc 02:50:57(UTC)
Pedro Strop will miss the rest of the regular season with a left hamstring strain http://www.royalsfanproshop.com/authentic-justin-grimm-jersey , leaving the NL Central leaders with major questions at the back end of their bullpen.The team announced the injury after Strop underwent an MRI on Friday.Strop has been Chicago’s closer since Brandon Morrow was placed on the disabled list on July 18. He has 11 saves in 13 opportunities since then and 13 saves on the season. He’s 6-1 with a 2.26 ERA over 59 2/3 innings in 60 appearances.Unless the Cubs can make a trade, manager Joe Maddon said before Friday’s game against the Cincinnati Reds that he envisions using a closer-by-committee approach, calling on veterans including Jesse Chavez and Steve Cishek to finish games.Strop hurt his hamstring while running to first base on a double-play grounder in the 10th inning of the Cubs’ 4-3 win at Washington on Thursday. It was just the second at-bat of the season for the 33-year-old right-hander.Strop pitched 1 2/3 scoreless innings against the Nationals to earn the win. He was set to pitch the bottom the 10th after the Cubs took the lead and was allowed to bat with the bases loaded and one out.Morrow, sidelined with right biceps inflammation Burch Smith Jersey , expects to throw a simulated game on Saturday. Texas Rangers star Bartolo Colon added another impressive accomplishment to his resume Tuesday, becoming the winningest Latin American pitcher in major league history.The Dominican Republic native earned his 246th career win against the Seattle Mariners, putting him one ahead of Dennis Martinez.MLB Network provided a breakdown of the top pitchers born in Latin America:MLB Network MLBNetworkCongratulations to Bartolo Colon on his milestone win! #MLBTonight U8xL6uJ2ZQColon is in his 21st season, having earned four All-Star selections and the 2005 American League Cy Young Award while spending time with 11 organizations.The 45-year-old has been up and down with the Rangers in 2018; he improved to just 6-10 with his latest outing and has a 5.18 ERA after allowing four earned runs in seven innings Tuesday.Still Blaine Boyer Jersey , the record was important enough for him to remain in the majors after finishing last year with 240 career wins."He just wants to win six more games, and then he will retire," former Minnesota Twins teammate Ervin Santana said of Colon in January, per Mike Berardino of the Pioneer Press.The veteran tied Martinez on June 30 but was saddled with a loss in each of his next five starts.He got back in the win column Tuesday Trevor Cahill Jersey , though, and finally landed in the record books.
Chủ đề: James Shields has dealt   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 23/01/2019 lúc 02:41:29(UTC)
BALTIMORE (AP) — with some tough luck this season.On a soggy Friday night Logan Morrison Jersey , the pitcher nicknamed “Big Game James” turned in a solid start for the White Sox and was rewarded with some run support.Shields picked up his first road victory since opening day in Chicago’s 8-6 win over the Baltimore Orioles.“This year’s been kind of a struggle getting the (wins),” said Shields, who has gone at least six innings in 22 of his last 27 starts. “I’ve thrown a lot of quality starts this year and unfortunately it just hasn’t gone my way. The guys are grinding for me. There’s no doubt about that. I know that every guy in this clubhouse wants to score a bunch of runs for me.”Ryan Cordell earned his first career hit over 15 at-bats with an eighth-inning homer that provided an insurance run. Omar Narvaez and Avisail Garcia also homered for the White Sox, who won for the second time in nine games.“I was probably pressing to get that first one,” Cordell said. “It took quite a few ABs.”Shields (7-16), who leads the majors in losses, allowed two runs on four hits with five strikeouts and one walk over six innings. Shields had gone winless in his 12 previous road appearances.Left-hander Aaron Bummer relieved Shields in the seventh and loaded the bases. Ian Hamilton entered with one out and allowed a two-run single to pinch-hitter Corban Joseph that pulled Baltimore within 7-4. A fielding error by second baseman Yoan Moncada allowed another run to score before Adam Jones hit a sacrifice fly.Jace Fry contained the Orioles with a scoreless eighth, setting up Nate Jones to pick up his fifth save.Luis Ortiz (0-1), obtained in the trade that sent Jonathan Schoop to Milwaukee on July 31, made his first major league start and threw 1 2/3 innings before leaving with a hamstring injury. He allowed three runs, one earned, and four hits with a walk.“I wish he could have stayed out there and continued to pitch,” Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. “He’s got late life and a good, sharp slider. He’s got a chance to be pretty good.”Trey Mancini hit a pair of homers and has 23 on the season for the majors-worst Orioles Tim Tebow Jersey , who lost their 105th game.“We all want to go out every day and do well for the team first, and then on a personal level you want to go out and get results that you worked hard for,” Mancini said. “We got 15 games left, and hopefully we can keep putting good at-bats together.”Chicago got on the board in the first on a two-out RBI single by Daniel Palka.A triple by Nicky Delmonico and an infield single by Moncada increased the lead to 3-0, and Ortiz left a batter later. Moncada finished with three hits.Mancini hit a solo shot in the second off Shields, who has allowed 31 homers on the season, second in the majors behind the Orioles’ Dylan Bundy.Narvaez answered in third with a two-run shot off Jimmy Yacabonis. Mancini hit another solo homer in the fourth that pulled Baltimore within 5-2.Yacabonis allowed a two-run shot to Garcia in the fifth and exited two batters later.ENDING FRUSTRATION?The White Sox can take a season series against the Orioles for the first time since 2008 with a victory Saturday.ROSTER MOVESThe Orioles recalled LHP Donnie Hart and RHP Evan Phillips from Triple-A Norfolk.TRAINER’S ROOMWhite Sox: INF Matt Davidson (sore legs) was available after missing the last three games. “If you look at the construction of my lineup, it’s kind of hard for me to use him right now, but he’s doing good,” manager Rick Renteria said.Orioles: INF Steve Wilkerson has been dealing with a hamstring issue but could return to the lineup Tuesday or Wednesday. He was recalled from Triple-A Norfolk on Sept. 5.UP NEXTWhite Sox: Reynaldo Lopez (5-9, 4.22 ERA) has allowed just four earned runs with 29 strikeouts over his last four starts.Orioles: Rookie Yefry Ramirez (1-5, 5.94) is making his first major league start since Aug. 19, when he allowed seven runs and seven hits over three innings in an 8-0 loss to Cleveland. DENVER (AP) — Late in the game, the Colorado Rockies quickly turned a pitchers’ duel into a one-sided slugfest.Pinch-hitter Matt Holliday launched his first home run of the season in the seventh inning Jay Bruce Jersey , Carlos Gonzalez sparked an eight-run eighth with a tiebreaking double and the Rockies beat the St. Louis Cardinals 9-1 in a matchup of NL playoff contenders Saturday.“It took us a while to get going,” Rockies manager Bud Black said. “Then it snowballed.”The loss snapped St. Louis’ nine-game road winning streak. The surging Cardinals had won four straight and eight of 10 overall.Holliday, out of baseball before signing a minor league contract last month, was called up this week by the Rockies — his original team. His homer broke up a scoreless game and marked his first with Colorado since 2008.A seven-time All-Star who also played for the Cardinals before joining the New York Yankees last season, Holliday swung at a pitch in the dirt before connecting on John Gant’s next offering, driving it deep into the left-field bleachers.“I was a little amped up. I needed to take a breath, kind of gather myself and kind of get back into the situation,” Holliday said. “But that was fun. I enjoyed contributing. It was a cool moment.”St. Louis evened the score in the eighth. Harrison Bader doubled off Adam Ottavino to start the inning and went to third on Greg Garcia’s infield hit. One out later, Bader raced home on a wild pitch.Ottavino (6-2) retired Yadier Molina on a popup and struck out Jose Martinez, stranding two runners.After making little headway against Gant, who allowed one run and three hits in seven innings, the Rockies broke loose against the St. Louis bullpen in the eighth. They sent 14 batters to the plate against four relievers, collecting 10 hits — five of them doubles. The Cardinals made one error during the inning.Dakota Hudson (4-1) gave up a leadoff single to DJ LeMahieu and successive RBI doubles to Gonzalez and Nolan Arenado before getting Trevor Story on a groundout. The Rockies then got six straight hits against two relievers, including LeMahieu’s second of the inning http://www.diamondbacksfanproshop.com/authentic-fernando-rodney-jersey , an RBI single. Arenado also had two hits in the inning.“The way the game was going early, it was all about pitching,” Gonzalez said. “After Holliday hit that big home run in the seventh, we settled down. They ended up tying the game but then DJ led off with a single. I was just trying to follow up with another single, but I was able to drive the ball in the gap and DJ did a good job going from first to home. After that, the rest was hit after hit.”The game began with Gant and German Marquez alternating zeros. Marquez went seven scoreless innings, allowing three hits — all singles. He struck out nine and walked one.Gant did not allow a hit until Gonzalez’s two-out single in the fourth.“John Gant was terrific,” Cardinals manager Mike Shildt said. “Holliday got him on a breaking ball. But he was fantastic. Marquez was equally as good. Just a good old-fashioned pitchers’ duel in a hitters’ ballpark. We went to the bullpen and they’ve been great. One of those days. Those days are going to happen. We’re not going to think too much about it. Just move forward.”TRAINER’S ROOMCardinals: 2B Kolten Wong strained his left hamstring legging out a grounder in the second. He was replaced in the lineup by Yairo Munoz. Wong is day to day.UP NEXTCardinals: LHP Austin Gomber (3-0, 2.98 ERA) is slated to start Sunday’s series finale. He’ll try to become the first Cardinals left-hander to win at Coors Field since Kent Mercker beat Darryl Kyle and the Rockies 10-2 on July 24, 1999.Rockies: LHP Tyler Anderson (6-6, 4.45) is 0-3 with an 8.44 ERA over his last five starts.
Chủ đề: James Shields has dealt with some tough   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 23/01/2019 lúc 02:32:09(UTC)
BALTIMORE (AP) — luck this season.On a soggy Friday night http://www.raysfanproshop.com/authentic-brad-miller-jersey , the pitcher nicknamed “Big Game James” turned in a solid start for the White Sox and was rewarded with some run support.Shields picked up his first road victory since opening day in Chicago’s 8-6 win over the Baltimore Orioles.“This year’s been kind of a struggle getting the (wins),” said Shields, who has gone at least six innings in 22 of his last 27 starts. “I’ve thrown a lot of quality starts this year and unfortunately it just hasn’t gone my way. The guys are grinding for me. There’s no doubt about that. I know that every guy in this clubhouse wants to score a bunch of runs for me.”Ryan Cordell earned his first career hit over 15 at-bats with an eighth-inning homer that provided an insurance run. Omar Narvaez and Avisail Garcia also homered for the White Sox, who won for the second time in nine games.“I was probably pressing to get that first one,” Cordell said. “It took quite a few ABs.”Shields (7-16), who leads the majors in losses Joey Wendle Jersey , allowed two runs on four hits with five strikeouts and one walk over six innings. Shields had gone winless in his 12 previous road appearances.Left-hander Aaron Bummer relieved Shields in the seventh and loaded the bases. Ian Hamilton entered with one out and allowed a two-run single to pinch-hitter Corban Joseph that pulled Baltimore within 7-4. A fielding error by second baseman Yoan Moncada allowed another run to score before Adam Jones hit a sacrifice fly.Jace Fry contained the Orioles with a scoreless eighth, setting up Nate Jones to pick up his fifth save.Luis Ortiz (0-1), obtained in the trade that sent Jonathan Schoop to Milwaukee on July 31, made his first major league start and threw 1 2/3 innings before leaving with a hamstring injury. He allowed three runs, one earned, and four hits with a walk.“I wish he could have stayed out there and continued to pitch http://www.raysfanproshop.com/authentic-christian-arroyo-jersey ,” Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. “He’s got late life and a good, sharp slider. He’s got a chance to be pretty good.”Trey Mancini hit a pair of homers and has 23 on the season for the majors-worst Orioles, who lost their 105th game.“We all want to go out every day and do well for the team first, and then on a personal level you want to go out and get results that you worked hard for,” Mancini said. “We got 15 games left, and hopefully we can keep putting good at-bats together.”Chicago got on the board in the first on a two-out RBI single by Daniel Palka.A triple by Nicky Delmonico and an infield single by Moncada increased the lead to 3-0 http://www.raysfanproshop.com/authentic-nathan-eovaldi-jersey , and Ortiz left a batter later. Moncada finished with three hits.Mancini hit a solo shot in the second off Shields, who has allowed 31 homers on the season, second in the majors behind the Orioles’ Dylan Bundy.Narvaez answered in third with a two-run shot off Jimmy Yacabonis. Mancini hit another solo homer in the fourth that pulled Baltimore within 5-2.Yacabonis allowed a two-run shot to Garcia in the fifth and exited two batters later.ENDING FRUSTRATION?The White Sox can take a season series against the Orioles for the first time since 2008 with a victory Saturday.ROSTER MOVESThe Orioles recalled LHP Donnie Hart and RHP Evan Phillips from Triple-A Norfolk.TRAINER’S ROOMWhite Sox: INF Matt Davidson (sore legs) was available after missing the last three games. “If you look at the construction of my lineup, it’s kind of hard for me to use him right now, but he’s doing good,” manager Rick Renteria said.Orioles: INF Steve Wilkerson has been dealing with a hamstring issue but could return to the lineup Tuesday or Wednesday. He was recalled from Triple-A Norfolk on Sept. 5.UP NEXTWhite Sox: Reynaldo Lopez (5-9 http://www.raysfanproshop.com/authentic-daniel-robertson-jersey , 4.22 ERA) has allowed just four earned runs with 29 strikeouts over his last four starts.Orioles: Rookie Yefry Ramirez (1-5, 5.94) is making his first major league start since Aug. 19, when he allowed seven runs and seven hits over three innings in an 8-0 loss to Cleveland. WASHINGTON (AP) — The Nationals have put Jeremy Hellickson on the 10-day disabled list with a right wrist sprain and recalled pitcher Jefry Rodriguez to start against the Miami Marlins.Washington made the moves before Saturday night’s game. The Nationals also recalled pitcher Jimmy Cordero from Syracuse and optioned reliever Trevor Gott to Triple-A.Hellickson’s DL stint, retroactive to Aug. 16, occurs as Washington remains without Stephen Strasburg, who’s sidelined with a cervical nerve impingement. The 31-year-old Hellickson is 5-3 with a 3.57 ERA in 18 starts.Strasburg threw 40 pitches in a bullpen session Saturday. He is expected to either start Tuesday’s game against the Phillies or make a rehab start in the minors.Strasburg was put on the DL retroactive to July 22.“We’ll talk to him (Sunday) Matt Andriese Jersey ,” manager Dave Martinez said. “We don’t know if it’s Tuesday here, or Tuesday in a rehab stint. We don’t know that. We’ll figure that out tomorrow.”Rodriguez, set for his fifth start with the Nationals, has a 5.84 ERA in six prior appearances.Gott is 0-2 with a 5.68 ERA in 20 games.
Chủ đề: Cleveland manager Terry Francona   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 23/01/2019 lúc 02:21:47(UTC)
KANSAS CITY Joe Maddon Jersey , Mo. (AP) — confirmed Sunday the club would open its American League Division Series in Houston on Friday with reigning Cy Young winner Corey Kluber in Game 1.Carlos Carrasco is set for Game 2.Both hurlers finished the season among the top 10 in the league in ERA, wins and strikeouts.Kluber was 1-0 with 17 strikeouts and two runs allowed in two starts against Houston this year. Carrasco split two decisions while allowing three homers in his two starts against the Astros.“He threw the ball really well,” Francona said of Carrasco’s limited final start Sunday. “Good changeup and breaking ball. I think he’s situated in a really good place heading to the playoffs.”Francona would not identify the expected starter for Game 3 in Cleveland on Oct. 8.Kluber (20-7) looks forward to getting the postseason started.“Ever since we clinched the division and knew we were going to be playing in the postseason, I think as much as you want to still go out and win these (final regular-season) games you know there’s that at the end of the road,” he said. “After (Sunday’s regular-season finale) we’ll start preparing for the Astros and hopefully a couple more teams after that.”Carrasco (17-10) is prepared for Saturday’s start.“Everybody celebrated (when we clinched) http://www.chicagocubsteamshop.com/authentic-willson-contreras-jersey ,” he said. “But I never stopped doing my work. I just worked hard, trying to do my best to get ready for the postseason. I got experience last year in New York. I think I’ve just got to prepare myself the same way I’ve been doing for the season.”Carrasco likes the Indians‘ chances.“I think we have a pretty good chance,” he said. “Starting on Friday and we go from there, so one game at a time. But I think this team is really good.” The Texas Rangers have fired manager Jeff Banister following a second consecutive non-playoff and losing season, according to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News.Rangers make it official: Jeff Banister dismissed as manager; Wakamatsu to be interim manager— Evan Grant (@Evan_P_Grant) September 21 Albert Almora Jr Jersey , 2018For the final week of the regular season, Banister will be replaced by Don Wakamatsu, who has been serving as the team's bench coach. Banister leaves Texas with a 325-313 record, winning AL Manager of the Year in 2015 after leading the Rangers to 88 wins and the AL West Division title.Banister also guided Texas to the top record in the AL in 2016 with a 95-67 finish. But in both ALDS trips, the Rangers were eliminated by the Toronto Blue Jays. As Texas transitions towards a retooling stage Kyle Hendricks Jersey , the front office decided it was necessary make a managerial change following another dismal season.advertising Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY SportsThe Rangers finished 2017 with a porous 78-84 record, and they're about to finish up 2018 as the worst team in the AL West. With Yu Darvish and Cole Hamels being traded in 2017 and 2018 respectively, the Rangers are changing up the direction of the franchise.Texas was among the top teams in the American League for six years, winning four division titles between 2010-16. That included trips to the 2010 and 2011 World Series, and a berth in the 2012 AL Wild Card Game. But the division rival Houston Astros have emerged as the new top team in the AL West http://www.chicagocubsteamshop.com/authentic-mike-montgomery-jersey , and the Seattle Mariners and Oakland Athletics look ready to contend for years to come.advertisingRangers general manager Jon Daniels will have plenty of options to choose from, should he decide not to give Wakamatsu to the full-time gig. Dusty Baker, John Farrell, John Gibbons (expected to be let go after 2018), and Mike Matheny are among the many experienced managers who may be considered.
Chủ đề: Takuya Kai hit a go-ahead double off   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 23/01/2019 lúc 02:12:52(UTC)
NAGOYA Greg Joseph Jersey Elite , Japan (AP) — Dan Otero in the eighth inning, capping a comeback from a four-run deficit that led Japan over the MLB All-Stars 6-5 Wednesday and clinched the six-game exhibition series 4-1.Down 5-1, Japan tied the score with a four-run seventh against Hector Velazquez.Kai started the comeback with an RBI single in the seventh, and Velazquez threw wildly into center field for a run-scoring error on Kazuki Tanaka’s comebacker. Pinch-hitter Hotaka Yamakawa followed with a two-run double.Seiji Uebayashi singled with two outs in the eighth off Otero, who took the loss, and scored from first on Kai’s double.Winner Yu Sato struck out two in a hitless eighth, and Yuki Matsui worked around Juan Soto’s leadoff single in the ninth for the save.“They did a nice job of battling our guys and putting the ball in play,” MLB manager Don Mattingly said. “They had a number of hits the opposite way and they’ve gotten big hits. You know, there isn’t any way to go around it http://www.clevelandbrownsteamonline.com/greg-joseph-jersey , they did a nice job.”MLB starter Junior Guerra allowed one run in five innings, a second-inning home run by Kazuma Okamoto. Japan starter Nao Higashihama gave up three runs and six hits in three innings.Rhys Hoskins hit two-run homer in the second, Soto had an RBI single in the third, and Carlos Santana had an RBI single in the sixth.The final game is Thursday at the Nagoya Dome. SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — On a day when Anibal Sanchez didn’t have his best command, he found a way to help the Atlanta Braves on their march toward the postseason.Sanchez kept the Braves close with six strong innings, pinch-hitter Tyler Flowers drove in the go-ahead run in the ninth, and the Braves moved closer to clinching the NL East with a 2-1 victory over the San Francisco Giants on Wednesday.The Giants lost their 11th straight, the worst skid since the team moved to San Francisco and the longest for the franchise since 1951.The Braves reduced their magic number for winning the division to 11 with their fifth straight win, matching their best streak of the season Authentic Greg Joseph Jersey , and clinched their first winning record since their last division crown in 2013. Going into Wednesday, Atlanta led second-place Philadelphia by 6½ games.“We’ve worked hard to get to this point,” Braves manager Brian Snitker said. “We’ve grinded through things to get to that position. We can look to bigger things now.”Sanchez remains winless in his last seven starts. He gave up one run on six hits and five walks. He induced double-play grounders to escape bases-loaded, one-out situations in the first and the fourth.“I didn’t have the same command I’ve had before,” Sanchez said. “The defense has helped me so much and they got me out of that inning.”The Giants scored just three runs in the series. They were swept by the Braves in a series of three games or more for the first time since 2011.“It’s never fun, obviously. Everybody comes out here and puts in the work, grinding daily, trying to do everything we can to win ballgames,” Giants first baseman Brandon Belt said. “These games do matter to us.”Flowers beat out an infield hit that scored Charlie Culberson from third base with two outs in the ninth to put the Giants ahead. A replay review confirmed first base umpire Jeremie Rehak’s ruling that Belt’s foot was off the bag when Flowers reached first.“I just don’t get that call was not overturned based on the brief look I had at it Myles Garrett Jersey Elite ,” Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. “It shows you how much the call on the field plays.”Culberson singled leading off the inning against Will Smith (2-3). He advanced to second on Ender Inciarte’s sacrifice bunt and took third on Dansby Swanson’s grounder.Dan Winkler (3-0) pitched a scoreless eighth, and Jonny Venters worked a scoreless ninth for his second save.Derek Holland matched Sanchez, giving up one run in six innings of five-hit ball. He struck out seven and walked one. Over his last six starts, Holland is 2-0 with a 1.59 ERA and 34 strikeouts in 34 innings.Evan Longoria put the Giants ahead with an RBI single in the third. The Braves drew even in the sixth on Freddie Freeman’s run-scoring single.SPIKEDSanchez stayed in the game after Gregor Blanco stepped on his heel when Sanchez was covering first for the first out in the sixth.“It scared me as soon as it happened, the pain … but I wanted to finish the inning,” Sanchez said.DISRUPTERSAsked about his team’s potential role as a spoiler, a term he’s bristled at in the past, Bochy said, “I probably prefer ‘disrupters.'”The Giants http://www.clevelandbrownsteamonline.com/myles-garrett-jersey , who are four years removed from winning their third World Series title in a five-year span, play nine of their 15 remaining games against contending teams.“It’s not a great position to be in, but it is a motivating thing for the players this time of year when they’re not in it,” Bochy said.TRAINER’S ROOMBraves: Culberson was in Wednesday’s starting lineup at third base in place of Johan Camargo, who left Tuesday’s game with left groin tightness.Giants: Belt was back in the lineup a day after being held out with a sore right knee, an injury that may require offseason surgery.UP NEXTBraves: RHP Kevin Gausman (9-10, 3.89 ERA) will pitch Friday at home against Washington. Gausman is 3-1 with a 4.34 ERA in five career starts against the Nationals.Giants: RHP Chris Stratton (9-9, 4.99) will pitch Friday’s series opener at AT&T Park against the Colorado Rockies. The team’s winningest pitcher is 1-2 with a 2.84 ERA in four starts since his most recent callup from Triple-A Sacramento on Aug. 21.
Chủ đề: David Price has won the Babe Ruth award as postseason   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 23/01/2019 lúc 02:01:09(UTC)
NEW YORK (AP) — MVP in voting by the New York chapter of the Baseball Writers’ Association of America.After pitching the Boston Red Sox to their World Series title http://www.royalsfanproshop.com/authentic-drew-butera-jersey , Price will be honored along with other award winners at the chapter’s 96th annual dinner on Jan. 26 in Manhattan.Mets ace Jacob deGrom was selected New York player of the year Friday, and teammate David Wright took the Joe DiMaggio Toast of the Town award. Former general manager Sandy Alderson, who stepped down last summer after his cancer returned, was saluted with the Arthur and Milton Richman You Gotta Have Heart award.Yankees GM Brian Cashman will receive the Joan Payson/Shannon Forde award for community service. Longtime broadcaster Ken Singleton was tabbed for the Casey Stengel You Could Look It Up award, 40 years after he finished runner-up for AL MVP.Mets outfielder Brandon Nimmo was an overwhelming choice for the Ben Epstein/Dan Castellano Good Guy award. Media relations dean Jay Horwitz got the William J. Slocum and Jack Lang Award for Long and Meritorious Service as he transitions to a new role as vice president of alumni public relations and team historian.The Willie, Mickey & The Duke award will go to the 1969 Miracle Mets on the 50th anniversary of their championship season. Jonathan Daniel/Getty ImagesThe Chicago Cubs will host the Colorado Rockies in the National League Wild Card Game at Wrigley Field on Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET. ESPN will televise the contest, with Baseball Tonight beginning at 7 p.m.This matchup will be a battle of southpawsbetween the Cubs' Jon Lester and the Rockies' Kyle Freeland, per Kyle Newman of theDenver Post. Lester is 18-6 with a 3.32 ERA and 149 strikeouts in 181.2 innings, while Freeland is 17-7 with a 2.85 ERA and 173 strikeouts in 202.1 innings.Lester has induced an inordinate amount of soft contact throughout his career, and this year is no exception: Per FanGraphs http://www.royalsfanproshop.com/authentic-whit-merrifield-jersey , hishard-hit rate is just 31.9 percent. He gives up just1.19 home runs per nine innings.The crafty 34-year-old has five pitches in his repertoire: a four-seam fastball, cutter, sinker, changeupand curveball.Freeland is an extreme ground-ball pitcher who induces them at a 46.0 percent rate, per FanGraphs. Like Lester, he doesn't get hit too hard (31.6 percent) or give up many home runs (0.76 per nine innings).The 25-year-old strikes out batters at a 20.5 percent clip. He throws a four-seam fastball, cutter, sinker, changeup and slider. Of note, he would be pitching on three days' rest Cheslor Cuthbert Jersey , as Freeland started (and won) on Friday against the Washington Nationals after six innings of two-run ball. Lester has an extra day of rest, having made his last appearance Thursday (six scoreless innings versus the Pittsburgh Pirates).The two men faced off at Wrigley once this season, with the Cubs winning 3-2. Lester went 5.2 innings with two runs (neither earned), five punchouts and three walks, while Freeland tossed seven frames of three-run ball with five strikeouts.It could have been worse for both sides. Lester struck out Rockies catcher Chris Iannetta with the bases loaded in the fifth to wiggle out of a jam, and Freeland limited the damage to one run in the sixth after a leadoff triple from Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant.The lineups will be a little different this time around. Rockies second baseman DJ LeMahieu (15 home runs, 62 RBI, .278 batting average in 127 games) did not play, nor did Colorado outfielder David Dahl (16 home runs, 48 RBI Brian Flynn Jersey , .276 batting average in 76 games).For the Cubs, second baseman Daniel Murphy (six home runs, 13 RBI, .299 batting average in 34 games with Chicago) was still a member of the Washington Nationals at the time.Freeland arguably had a better year than Lester, but the latter has started 21 postseason games and been part of three World Series champions. He also more than held his own en route to an All-Star season. The starting pitching matchup looks like a slight edge toward the Cubs simply because Lester has an extra day of rest.The Cubs would seem to have four other advantages, though.First, they are home, where they've gone 51-31 this season. Chicago has the added benefit of staying put, as the Cubs have been in town since starting a regular-season closing homestand on Tuesday.Meanwhile, the Rockies are going to be in three time zones in three days as they go from Denver to Los Angeles to Chicago. Colorado closed the regular season with a win over the Washington Nationals on Sunday before losing in the NL West tiebreaker Monday. Now it has to turn around in 24 hours and play a game in Chicago Tuesday.Colorado is respectable on the road (44-38) but that travel schedule may be tough to overcome.Second Abraham Almonte Jersey , as Newman noted, the Cubs will call on left-hander Cole Hamels if needed. The veteran has been fantastic for Chicago this year, going 4-3 with a 2.36 ERA and 74 strikeouts in 76.1 innings. That's a big trump card in favor of the Cubs.Third, the Cubs bullpen has performed far better than the Rockies' this year, with Chicago's relievers sporting a 3.34 ERA (second-best in MLB) and the Rockies finishing with a 4.63 (26th).Lastly, Chicago simply has more postseason experience, having made the NLCS in 2015 and 2017 and winning the World Series in 2016. Granted, not every member of the team has been with the Cubs through that entire stretch, but some newer members of the team have played in October (Murphy for the Mets and Washington Nationals, for instance).Colorado played in the NL Wild Card Game last year (losing 11-8 to the Arizona Diamondbacks) after missing the postseason every year since 2010.The infamous Wrigley Field wind http://www.royalsfanproshop.com/authentic-justin-grimm-jersey , which can blow home runs out at a record pace or keep towering fly balls in the outfield based on the direction, shouldn't be a factor Tuesday. Per Windfinder, the wind should be blowing anywhere from a harmless three to six mph, with game temperatures at around 59 degrees.Ultimately, this looks like a Cubs victory, but look for Freeland to keep Chicago at bay into the middle innings. Expect Chicago to pull away late in a low-scoring win.Prediction: Cubs 5, Rockies 2
Chủ đề: Pitcher Jordan Lyles and the Pittsburgh   Xem bài viết cuối
Đã gửi: 23/01/2019 lúc 01:53:35(UTC)
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pirates have finalized a $2.05 million http://www.astrosfanproshop.com/authentic-jeff-bagwell-jersey , one-year contract.The 28-year-old right-hander can earn additional award bonuses as part of the deal, agreed to last week and announced Monday.Lyles is 31-52 with a 5.28 ERA in 217 appearances for Houston, Colorado, San Diego and Milwaukee. Though Lyles has worked primarily as a reliever since 2016, Pirates general manager Neal Huntington said Lyles will have an opportunity to earn a spot in the starting rotation during spring training.Lyles is coming off his best season, going 3-4 with a 4.11 ERA in 35 games with San Diego and Milwaukee, and his 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings tied his career best. He was more effective out of the bullpen (1-0 Lance McCullers Jersey , 3.32 ERA) than he was as a starter (2-4, 4.79) and seemed to hit his stride with the Brewers. Lyles was 1-0 with a 3.31 ERA 11 appearances, striking out 22 batters in 16 1/3 innings. NEW YORK (AP) — The batting average for the major leagues is on track for its lowest finish in nearly a half-century.This comes despite slightly more robust offense of late — hits topping strikeouts the last two months.According to the Elias Sports Bureau, there were 7,134 hits and 6,818 strikeouts in August. That left the season totals at 34,350 hits and 34 http://www.astrosfanproshop.com/authentic-mike-scott-jersey ,103 strikeouts, the first time this season hits led at the end of a full month.The season’s batting average rose one point during August to .249. Unless it goes up to at least .251 it would be the lowest since .244 in 1972.Strikeouts topped hits in April (6,656 to 6,360) and June (6,776 to 6,640) while hits also exceeded strikeouts in May (7,033 to 6 Alex Bregman Jersey ,971) and July (6,546 hits to 6,195). Before this year, the previous low differential for a full month was in April 2017, when there were 138 more hits than strikeouts.Strikeouts per game averaged 16.47 in August, down from 16.6 in July, 16.9 in June Carlos Beltran Jersey , 16.75 in May and 17.5 in April, which was a record for a full calendar month. Strikeouts project to 40,964, which would be the 11th consecutive season setting a record, topping last year’s 40,104. The total was 32,884 in 2008.There were 989 home runs in 414 games last month http://www.astrosfanproshop.com/authentic-brian-mccann-jersey , an average of 2.39 that raised the season average to 2.31. The average was 2.54 through August last year, just above the record-setting final figure of 2.51.